Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Chesterfield - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26334 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #120 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 11:59:31 »

Maybe it's because my excpectations are low, but I enjoyed the game today. Some of the interplay was good and if it wasn't for an ineffective display from Ajose I believe we would have won more comfortably. I like the patient build up and intricate passing; just a shame that it isn't aligned with a robust defence.
Agree with this. Chesterfield were crap but so were Bury and neither as bad as Doncaster. Kasim rightly MOM but impressed by Doughty yesterday. Brophy and Barry were both good yesterday - a massive improvement on last week. There's a player in Brophy. As Hertha says if only we had a decent defence. Big up to Branco as well who pushed forward brilliantly in the second half. Can't understand this season why he gets stick but Turnbull gets praised. I'm an unashamed Branco fan whilst Turnbull has been total wank.
Also for those who give Belford stick, Kean came for three crosses and got nowhere near them leaving him in limbo. Lucky Chesterfield were shit. I don't rate Belford but I'm not sure Kean is a massive improvement.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 12:04:09 »

Clever trick to pay extra tax.

You know all ST holders are counted even if they don't attend.
Yes!  I got to the ground at 2-50, my usual two turnstiles in the DRS were down to just one and there was no queue at all - oh and our burger bar in the DRS was shut again!!  Power out!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 12:59:53 »

Clever trick to pay extra tax.

You know all ST holders are counted even if they don't attend.

Or maybe some of the income from advertising is based on the size of the attendance Wink

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 13:54:22 »

Sounded much better yesterday, just shows that when we have our best 11 on the pitch were a decent side, lose 3/4 and were gash.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 16:30:02 »

Agree with this. Chesterfield were crap but so were Bury and neither as bad as Doncaster. Kasim rightly MOM but impressed by Doughty yesterday. Brophy and Barry were both good yesterday - a massive improvement on last week. There's a player in Brophy. As Hertha says if only we had a decent defence. Big up to Branco as well who pushed forward brilliantly in the second half. Can't understand this season why he gets stick but Turnbull gets praised. I'm an unashamed Branco fan whilst Turnbull has been total wank.
Also for those who give Belford stick, Kean came for three crosses and got nowhere near them leaving him in limbo. Lucky Chesterfield were shit. I don't rate Belford but I'm not sure Kean is a massive improvement.
Turnbull has received plenty of stick this season - arguably more than Branco.

However Turnbull has demonstrated consistently in the past he can be a quality defender at this level, something Branco is not.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 16:34:23 »

To be fair to the club, Jake Kean is only here because Belford is crocked. Had Belford not hid his injury, he would have been struggling with those crosses instead of Kean.

Smiley
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 16:48:37 »

I can't be the only one who buys the Robert 'injury' either!!

Each time there is an "injury" I do wonder if it's more a case of someone/someone's agent having upset Power. But then I also get suspicious of player sales and selection based on how much he has to personally gain from it all.... So maybe I'm not the most objective.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 19:20:09 »

Conspiracy theorists ACTIVATE
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 20:48:56 »

A few in the TE were celebrating St. George's Day, starting off with the national anthem and giving us their whole repertoire!
Wait, was that supposed to be a celebration of the vibrancy and positivity of English culture?

I'm not sure as thankfully not many joined in but from the DRS it sounded like a collection of puerile and offensive bile, Georgie would have loved it, eh.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 21:54:40 »

Each time there is an "injury" I do wonder if it's more a case of someone/someone's agent having upset Power. But then I also get suspicious of player sales and selection based on how much he has to personally gain from it all.... So maybe I'm not the most objective.
I'm just going on the fact that he hasn't been getting in the side recently & somebody on here mentioned that he kicked a few water bottles over after he found out he wasn't going on last week against Bury! Then he mysteriously isn't involved at all yesterday or at Walsall on Tuesday!! Shame as he's the most talented player we have for me!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #130 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 09:12:11 »

I'm just going on the fact that he hasn't been getting in the side recently & somebody on here mentioned that he kicked a few water bottles over after he found out he wasn't going on last week against Bury! Then he mysteriously isn't involved at all yesterday or at Walsall on Tuesday!! Shame as he's the most talented player we have for me!
Would that be the same person who said Ajose wasn't starting against walsall last week
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 09:35:37 »

I don't rate Robert, too lightweight
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 09:37:03 »

Would that be the same person who said Ajose wasn't starting against walsall last week
Not sure, just remember reading it!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: