Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fined  (Read 11511 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 13:52:51 »

Not sure if using the ownership battle as an excuse really stacks up. The timelines intersect, but not at the points where non-compliance occurred, or were highlighted.

Plus, the report suggests either incompetence, or contempt. e.g. 'Minimal correspondence from STFC' noted in 28 October 2014. Jed was back selling double glazing with 'Geordie' at that point.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 13:56:13 by michael » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 13:59:18 »

The only way it would explain it on that completely, is if there was a burn the paperwork during the ownership battle. It is entirely possible I suppose, then the next contact goes to an office kid, who thinks wtf is this and bins it. Stranger things have happened.
Panda Paws

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:09:11 »

The only way it would explain it on that completely, is if there was a burn the paperwork during the ownership battle. It is entirely possible I suppose, then the next contact goes to an office kid, who thinks wtf is this and bins it. Stranger things have happened.

No no, there must be more of a conspiracy theory than that. Power must be fibbing, deceiving and stealing...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:32:20 »

Already seen a couple of fans use this as a reason to not renew ST's.  Suicide
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:40:40 »

Not sure if using the ownership battle as an excuse really stacks up. The timelines intersect, but not at the points where non-compliance occurred, or were highlighted.

Plus, the report suggests either incompetence, or contempt. e.g. 'Minimal correspondence from STFC' noted in 28 October 2014. Jed was back selling double glazing with 'Geordie' at that point.

I am not sure whether the pension regulator accepts correspondence that consists of an A4 piece of paper with RRRROOOOOAAARRRR!!!! written on it?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 15:06:13 »

It does say something about the corporate culture at the club.

There's either a level of incompetence not to deal with issues like this so ignore it or hope that it goes away. The £400 fine should have set alarm bells off.

Or the day to day staff don't have the authority to act and it all goes via the Chairman if a big cheque needs signing or a decision making.

It could indicate a 'I won't pay it until I have too' culture where they didn't think they'd get fined and then a £2500 a day fine sees action but they still think they can pay late.

Makes you wonder what Sangita Shah and the solicitor Power brought into the board are actually doing. You would expect a bit more 'Corporate Governance' from professionals.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 15:13:52 »

Already seen a couple of fans use this as a reason to not renew ST's.  Suicide

Which will be the 4th or 5th time they have said it no doubt.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 15:36:10 »

It does say something about the corporate culture at the club.

There's either a level of incompetence not to deal with issues like this so ignore it or hope that it goes away. The £400 fine should have set alarm bells off.

Or the day to day staff don't have the authority to act and it all goes via the Chairman if a big cheque needs signing or a decision making.

It could indicate a 'I won't pay it until I have too' culture where they didn't think they'd get fined and then a £2500 a day fine sees action but they still think they can pay late.

Makes you wonder what Sangita Shah and the solicitor Power brought into the board are actually doing. You would expect a bit more 'Corporate Governance' from professionals.
Why would Power pay if Jed won control - seems a bit hard to me.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 16:20:05 »

That's our transfer budget gone  then!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 17:11:46 »

Why would Power pay if Jed won control - seems a bit hard to me.
The dates don't match up and Jed was long gone by the time the Pensions Regulator took action.

You wouldn't use Jed as an excuse for not submitting a PAYE, Tax or VAT return. Nor does anything explain submitting a spreadsheet with the missed contributions and then not paying the money over.

Sent from my HTC One M9
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 17:58:38 »

Correct me if I am wrong please - but I don't think Shah has been at the club for a few months now?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 18:12:11 »

The dates don't match up and Jed was long gone by the time the Pensions Regulator took action.

You wouldn't use Jed as an excuse for not submitting a PAYE, Tax or VAT return. Nor does anything explain submitting a spreadsheet with the missed contributions and then not paying the money over.

Sent from my HTC One M9
This all came about during the time the battle for control was going through the courts - Power was not going to pay out if he lost!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 18:27:20 »

The £2500 a day fine started in Feb 2015 but it took another 11 months to pay the oustanding contributions. Jed lost the court case in the summer of 2014. I think the club is lucky to only be hit with a £22k fine considering they dragged out settling so long.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 18:51:10 »

The £2500 a day fine started in Feb 2015 but it took another 11 months to pay the oustanding contributions. Jed lost the court case in the summer of 2014. I think the club is lucky to only be hit with a £22k fine considering they dragged out settling so long.
So the club statement is wrong then and they are lieing again?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 18:51:22 »

Not true. The case wasn't settled until the 23rd of January 2015 when Jed withdrew his appeal. No real excuses but I can only imagine the paperwork or lack of from Jed's short stint running the place, fag packets don't really give a lot of information.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: