Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 14285 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 20:27:14 »

If he's found innocent then he should be free to sign for whoever he wants without any uproar. The man would have been wrongly convicted for a terrible crime. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really believe in justice surely?

Him potentially being a cunt is not a reason not to sign him. I'd wager half our squad at the moment are cunts, most footballers are.
Also agreed. 

It is not a crime to have a sense of morality that others (me for one) find repugnant.

STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 13:58:42 »

Been found not guilty.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 14:37:42 »

Guilty or not guilty, you certainly wouldn't want him near anyone you cared about after reading a few of the facts of the case, as they can now be disclosed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/14/footballer-ched-evans-cleared-of-in-retrial
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 15:05:00 »

no, vile person, but not a rapist
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 15:09:33 »

Going by today's ruling, he is an innocent man that has spent 5(?) years in prison for a crime that he didn't commit. You wont catch any of the press reporting from that angle though, papers sell better when there's somebody to hate.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #35 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 15:11:56 »

Going by today's ruling, he is an innocent man that has spent 5(?) years in prison for a crime that he didn't commit. You wont catch any of the press reporting from that angle though, papers sell better when there's somebody to hate.

He's "not guilty."

He is far from innocent.
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 15:15:00 »

We don't actually know if she gave consent or not, granted. Yes, he is technically 'not guilty' as opposed to 'innocent', but that wont stop people branding him as 'guilty'. It works both ways, or at least it should.

I read about the case as it was going on years ago and found it all very sleazy, to say the least. Certainly not the kind of characters that I'd want around my daughter. She could still have given consent though, he could very well be innocent.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 17:21:06 »

I don't think she even knows if she gave consent or not...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 17:40:25 »

I don't think that's in doubt. She didn't even know she'd had sex was her testimony (the footballers admitted it under caution when questioned by Police).

I wonder if the two new witnesses that claimed she'd not remembered consensual sex with them previously will claim the £50k reward now that was offered for information leading to Evan's acquittal.

Some people say he would never have been prosecuted if he hadn't been rich and "famous" but equally I doubt there would also have been a retrial without those things either.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 17:45:24 »

If she didn't know she was giving it, then it's not consent is it? Unless you're a sex offender.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 18:45:37 »

Apparently she was totally out of it. Did she know where she was.

These two obviously took advantage of that. Think it's disgusting.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 18:56:24 »

If she was 'totally out of it' to the point where she doesn't know what's happening then it's rape, plain and simple. But how do we know that's the case?

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 18:59:54 »

No-one knows.

For me something doesn't add up, but for the jury to conclude in 30 mins there must have been some good evidence.

StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 19:16:38 »

No-one knows.

For me something doesn't add up, but for the jury to conclude in 30 mins there must have been some good evidence.

Sufficient evidence for them to conclude the offence hadn't been committed beyond all reasonable doubt, yes. The only new evidence was the two former sexual partners who said she blacked out before despite the sex being consensual at the time
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 19:49:27 »

The original conviction rested entirely on the question of consent and it was deemed at that time that she was not in a position to provide consent - as such, it was deemed he had Raped her.
The new evidence, which we don't have full transcripts on, would have needed to bring into doubt that assertion - so, the previous "encounters" were used by the defence team to show that there was a pattern of behavior that suggest she could have been in a position to provide consent before reaching the point of losing complete control of her faculties.

This will probably be one of those oddities in law - he probably did commit the offence, but with the element of doubt on the wording of the law, they decided no option but to acquit.  As it happens, having read some of the previous trial transcripts, I think he really did believe he was innocent of the offence as well - it does bring into light the blurred edge of the law here.  I bet plenty of people have technically committed such an offence after a night out without it ever having been reported.  Probably should be much better education to kids on this grey area - make sure people know the law, it's not just getting someone to agree, it's about them having the capacity to do so knowingly.  Horrific stories about the girl still getting abuse as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: