Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 14249 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 09:09:22 »

Rape conviction quashed, faces a retrial after new evidence came to light.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 09:13:02 »

Good luck finding a jury without pre-conceived judgements for the retrial...!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 11:37:57 »

Sign him up.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:01:19 »

Joking aside - So, if he's found innocent at his retrial, which one can assume is likely, how would people react if he rocked up here? In theory he would have been wrongly convicted and should be sympathised with. In practice, he's reportedly lamentable and would bring unwanted stress?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:09:31 »

Well, he'd be a bit of a cunt, but legally innocent so therefore accepted.

But..given we've just suspended three players for being twats I'm not sure he'd be entertained anyway.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:31:28 »

He got a text from his mate to say (he'd got a girl) who was paralytic ,then joined him at the hotel and had sex with her while some other friends watched on from outside taking photos. He's a cunt of the highest order and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 13:59:13 »

I wonder if opinions were to change if he scored 20+ goals and gained us promotion...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:12:49 »

Tough one - one of our current squad was charged - albeit with a lesser charge - following an incident that appears to have some parallels, but was found not guilty and it barely warrants a mention in this parish. or any where else for that matter.

I'm not sure being a lamentable knob five years ago is a good enough reason to employ someone who is capable at their job, hypothetically speaking.

For me, if he is found innocent in the retrial, I would have zero issues with him playing for us if it stacks up on a financial and footballing level.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:29:50 »

He got a text from his mate to say (he'd got a girl) who was paralytic ,then joined him at the hotel and had sex with her while some other friends watched on from outside taking photos. He's a cunt of the highest order and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

Yet evidence has been presented that we haven't seen that puts the original conviction in doubt, as noted earlier the chances of getting a fair trial (to either side) seems very remote....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:31:39 »

I'm not disagreeing that he's a cunt but I don't think the story is quite that simple...
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:42:43 »

If we're willing to accept the verdict when found guilty, we should be willing to accept when he's not.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:45:00 »

I'm not disagreeing that he's a cunt but I don't think the story is quite that simple...

If they have decided that the original trial was unsafe, doe this mean that Donaldson will also be retried?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 14:47:49 »

If we're willing to accept the verdict when found guilty, we should be willing to accept when he's not.

Yes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 15:14:32 »

I'm saying he's a cunt for all the bits he admitted to as well as lying to get a key for the hotel room,for cheating on his girlfriend and then sitting back while his girlfriends father sets about discrediting the girl involved and trying to get dirt on her.I made no reference to the rape conviction. The question was whether we'd have him playing for us. Also, his mate was Clayton Mcdonald, not Donaldson
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 17:58:56 »

Professional footballer in being a cunt shocker......

It's All Good..............
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: