Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26571 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 21:02:27 »

So he can't defend, doesn't make chances or score goals, other than that though, he's a good player.   Hmmm
I happen to think he's quite good Reg, yes. I may be proven wrong, only time will tell.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 21:49:37 »

Well he was pretty bloody good last night. He even defended well, even put in a last ditch tackle at one point.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 22:03:18 »

Well he was pretty bloody good last night. He even defended well, even put in a last ditch tackle at one point.
Was it not him who got skinned for the equaliser...
Flashheart

« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 22:05:58 »

I think it's his potential that's the point here, not his current ability.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 07:36:15 »

Was it not him who got skinned for the equaliser...

Yeah, could/should have done better. I was talking generally over the 90minutes though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 08:08:22 »

Yeah, could/should have done better. I was talking generally over the 90minutes though.

WB is a very difficult position to play...I'd imagine an analysis would show that a high proportion of goals scored against us have been caused by the gaps in behind the WB, or by lack of defensive ability on balls going beyond the middle 3.  You can accept you'll ship a few if that is offset by the attacking contribution and here Bradley Barry for all his defensive frailty has done well, in terms of assists. The left side, mainly BOO occasionally Brophy not so well is my feeling.

Whether to persist with 3-5-2 next season is something which Power wil have to think long and hard about.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, April 22, 2016, 18:17:38 »

Yay! I got quoted in the Washblog...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/14440712.THE_WASHBLOG__Unappreciated_Yaser_is_the____luxury____Town_really_miss/

This has to be clearly the greatest single achievement of my life.
Just for the record I wasn't mis-quoting Churchill, I was directly quoting Lisa Simpson.

I rule  Cool
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #142 on: Friday, April 22, 2016, 18:48:36 »

I rule  Cool

Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 07:54:59 »

A bit late to respond, I know, but Tuesday's totally committed performance lifted the spirits. Any scouts there would have Brophy and Branco down as worth watching again. Early on, the 352 looked as though we would concede from crosses almost every time the ball went wide, but the work rate of the whole team meant that Walsall soon looked more worried about us dictating how the game was played, rather than us having to respond and cope with how they wanted to play.

I'd be more than happy if Doughty was signed - a goal scoring, box to box midfielder who would do more right than wrong in a game. I very much doubt we could afford him though.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 09:05:55 »

A bit late to respond, I know, but Tuesday's totally committed performance lifted the spirits. Any scouts there would have Brophy and Branco down as worth watching again. Early on, the 352 looked as though we would concede from crosses almost every time the ball went wide, but the work rate of the whole team meant that Walsall soon looked more worried about us dictating how the game was played, rather than us having to respond and cope with how they wanted to play.

I'd be more than happy if Doughty was signed - a goal scoring, box to box midfielder who would do more right than wrong in a game. I very much doubt we could afford him though.
I may be just pissing in the wind here but I would have thought that Doughty needs to take a step back (and pay cut which would result from that step back) to progress in the long term. With that in mind I reckon we could afford him.

I didn't go on Tuesday but I would think it emphasized how important Kasim is to us. He makes the team in general and Doughty in particular, way, way better. We would see far more of Good Doughty than Bad Doughty if he had Yaser along side him.

I am guessing there is no chance whatsoever of us keeping Kasim and replacing him will be extremely difficult but it has to be the absolute top priority in the summer. If we could somehow replace him with an experienced old head who's been around a bit in the top two divisions and maybe has a couple of seasons left (Power occasionally needs to say "bollocks to the model") that would be amazing. Easy - over to you Lee  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: