Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GL5Red versus Flashheart!  (Read 42279 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 10:25:36 »

Fellow lizards, would anyone be able to recommend a good supplier of dried flies? My previous supplier has recently shut down and I am currently being forced to chase fresh ones around the garden.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 11:41:46 »

Fellow lizards

StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 19:43:43 »

I think the prevalent use of offensive language is harmful even in harmless contexts, but anyone who has read this forum for more than 5 minutes knows (presumably) that suttonred doesn't hate disabled kids. I'm not sure how kids even came into it to be honest. That was a mental extrapolation to make it sound worse than what it was.

There is such a thing as context, with everything, and especially with humour. I'm a prissy little lefty guardian reading feminist, but even I can accept things that are said with a comedic intent. I wouldn't personally have used those words, but he's hardly Hitler cos he did.

At any rate it seems better to debate your point rather than run off in a strop, delete your account or assume there's some sort of Masonry-Stonecutters thing going on. (Ryan's still training, and we're still controlling the British crown.)

Shouldn't you be washing up?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 19:52:41 »

Shouldn't you be washing up?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 19:56:28 »

I'm a prissy little lefty guardian reading feminist, but even I can accept things that are said with a comedic intent.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 20:04:29 »

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 22:14:40 »

This thread has been interesting.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 09:47:33 »

At the risk of also being burned on the pyre of the righteous, I can confirm something Sutton said earlier.

The term 'Dribble Buses' has been used occasionally by a number of London Reds, myself included, in the past to describe the Supporter Coaches.

No it's not big nor clever, and it probably should stop, but it has nothing to do with disabled kids..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 10:11:21 »

I think being offended on social media has become almost a career for many, the other forum I frequent is a heritage one and populated in 99.9% of cases by men 40+. Firstly amusingly it is considerably more bitchy and unpleasant than here but also there is one poster who doesn't post much but seems to trawl it like some sort of puritan picking up anything sexist or non PC and picking people up on it, possibly supported by a Guardian link...
Flashheart

« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 10:20:38 »

I'm sure that some actively look for reasons to take offence, even when there are none.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 10:56:23 »

Seems a lot of people get offended by almost anything these days.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 11:05:52 »

I'm sure that some actively look for reasons to take offence, even when there are none.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 11:14:41 »

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I really hope that you copied and pasted that from somewhere rather than typing it yourself.... Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 11:19:41 »

I really hope that you copied and pasted that from somewhere rather than typing it yourself.... Cheesy

Samdy is trained in guerilla warfare....he's a big old softy when it comes to silverbacks.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 11:24:02 »

At the risk of also being burned on the pyre of the righteous, I can confirm something Sutton said earlier.

The term 'Dribble Buses' has been used occasionally by a number of London Reds, myself included, in the past to describe the Supporter Coaches.

No it's not big nor clever, and it probably should stop, but it has nothing to do with disabled kids..

Used to go on the Travel Club coaches years ago.
The description is probably a little unfair.

The main danger was ending up being sat next to Mad Phil on some 4 hour trip up North.

Phil is possibly best described as an extreme Swindon Town empath but entirely harmless.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: