Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The League One Relegation Run-In (2015-16)  (Read 4855 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 11:40:22 »

Quote from: Don Rogers Sock
We have enough points to be safe.

Club needs a major overhaul in the summer
Spot on. This is the time for Power to show the fans what we can fully expect under his tenure

do you mean finding out whether we well be in for a  bargain basement rush job squad/selling anything like this year, or a considered investment job like last years squad?

or something else?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 11:51:10 »

Spot on. This is the time for Power to show the fans what we can fully expect under his tenure
I agree but I do think this season is exactly what we have come to expect. Some good some shit, a few cheap signings a few loans and working still on a shoestring, wages budget wise, so a lean tight squad.

Power will have to choose wisely and early on the loan front with the new rules next season and I do expect a few ex Premiership/Championship youngsters coming in on frees, a few young players from non-league and maybe one or two slightly more experienced signings, exactly as we had pre season this term.

I am fairly sure we will lose one of Obika or Ajose (hopefully not both) and a few others will be released and replaced.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 21:15:56 »

We wont go down. No way will Blackpool or Donny win all of their games. Donny would have to win all 4 to catch us and Blackpool would have to win at least 2 of 3 difficult games, also there are too many teams between us and the drop zone i cant see all of them having a good run at the same time. I think a point will be enough now for us.
Donny don't have to win all four. Three wins and a draw will do it, if we lose our remaining games, as the goal difference will swing in their favour. Donny's remaining games don't look so tough now that they have just beaten Wigan.

Doncaster Rovers

19/04/16: Chesterfield (a) - Relegation threatened
23/04/16: Coventry City (h) - Nothing to play for
30/04/16: Crewe Alexandra (a) - Relegated
08/05/16: Burton Albion (h) - Championship/Automatic/Play-Off chasing

I think you are right though in that one more point for Town could well be enough.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: