Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 51927 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 06:30:55 »

Quote from: JoeMezz
Do not understand how Branco starts over JSW.
You mean Branco, the roaming centre back. Yesterday's performance from him was a disgrace

I don't think he was playing centre back on Saturday. he seemed to have a roving midfield role.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 08:00:16 »

"The only possible thing I think he brings is physicality at set pieces."

We haven't even had goals from our centre backs from set pieces this season to balance out their ineptitude defending corners/free kicks etc against us. Number of goals we have conceded through poor marking or switching off our focus at free kicks must be well into double figures this year. Feels like almost 1 a game.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 09:09:38 »

Three more Home games left and then I'll be back to picking the games that I attend next season.

Me and 6 others have Season Tickets in the DRS this season and have done for a number of years, 6 of us have decided not to renew for next season. This season has had me attending games like it's a chore and I haven't enjoyed going like I used to.

Last season we played some great Football and I personally think that we've been let down by some awful recruitment in the summer. Liverpool youngsters came in, got injured and went back. They weren't replaced. Last seasons stars like Turnbull have been awful this season.

We've got too many players that aren't good enough for League One Football. I just hope for the Clubs sake and for those that have committed to a Season Ticket for next year that the current transfer philosophy is improved greatly in the summer.

So the best way to improve the transfer policy is to starve the club of income. Makes sense.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #198 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 12:32:13 »

Three more Home games left and then I'll be back to picking the games that I attend next season.

We've only got two more home games  Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 12:38:36 »

Thank fuck for that. The sooner this shitstorm of a season is over the better
Spud

« Reply #200 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 13:40:40 »

So the best way to improve the transfer policy is to starve the club of income. Makes sense.

Its the best way for my own personal bank balance. Sorry if that upsets you.
Spud

« Reply #201 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 13:40:59 »

We've only got two more home games  Smiley

Even better.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 13:56:30 »

Its the best way for my own personal bank balance. Sorry if that upsets you.

Nah, course it doesn't. 'I cant go to the games because I'm skint' is a lot different to 'I'm gonna not give the club any money because they don't spend the money they don't have' which was your original point Smiley
Spud

« Reply #203 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 14:25:04 »

Nah, course it doesn't. 'I cant go to the games because I'm skint' is a lot different to 'I'm gonna not give the club any money because they don't spend the money they don't have' which was your original point Smiley

I can get £10 tickets instead of spending an average of £16 a ticket with a Season Ticket. I'm not skint, far from it. Just a no brainer to not spend what I don't have to.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 15:11:57 »

This isn't aimed at any particular individual, but it always amuses me when 'lifelong' Swindon fans say they aren't going any more because someone with no real ties to Swindon refuses to spunk millions and instead tries a different approach that doesn't jeopordise the Club's long term financial future. Yeah, that makes perfect sense; cut off the only major revenue the club has. You can all then moan when players are sold to balance the books....

I've read some absolute bollocks over the last few months, some on here but mainly on the God awful STFC fans page on Facebook. Over reaction doesn't do it justice. Yes it's been a crap season, but the worst ever? I can think of 2 relegations to the basement division in the last few years, Maurice Malpas anyone? Paul Hart? Power's a crook who's asset stripping: yeah, a league 1 club that doesn't even own it's own ground is a potential fucking goldmine, isn't it?

We've had a bad season. In August we start again. If you follow a club like Swindon you shouldn't expect, much less demand, success. You should hope for it. We haven't got a divine right to be fighting for promotion, no more than any other club in the league. The football's been bad. A lot of the supporters have been atrocious.

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 15:14:04 »

This isn't aimed at any particular individual, but it always amuses me when 'lifelong' Swindon fans say they aren't going any more because someone with no real ties to Swindon refuses to spunk millions and instead tries a different approach that doesn't jeopordise the Club's long term financial future. Yeah, that makes perfect sense; cut off the only major revenue the club has. You can all then moan when players are sold to balance the books....

I've read some absolute bollocks over the last few months, some on here but mainly on the God awful STFC fans page on Facebook. Over reaction doesn't do it justice. Yes it's been a crap season, but the worst ever? I can think of 2 relegations to the basement division in the last few years, Maurice Malpas anyone? Paul Hart? Power's a crook who's asset stripping: yeah, a league 1 club that doesn't even own it's own ground is a potential fucking goldmine, isn't it?

We've had a bad season. In August we start again. If you follow a club like Swindon you shouldn't expect, much less demand, success. You should hope for it. We haven't got a divine right to be fighting for promotion, no more than any other club in the league. The football's been bad. A lot of the supporters have been atrocious.
Quality post!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 15:38:26 »

Fucking spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 15:46:06 »

Great post, absolutely nailed it
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #208 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 15:46:15 »

This here is why i like touching you.
Panda Paws

« Reply #209 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 15:46:45 »

This should be pinned and referenced whenever anyone throws another tantrum about asset stripping, cheap options and stay away protests.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: