Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jake Kean  (Read 14359 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 17:59:15 »

There's a long long list of random Town keepers, some Premier League players, or at least bench warmers: Shane Cook, Jon Sheffield, Alan Flanagan (MOM at Sheff Utd and never seen again), Craig Farr, Lanzano, Richard McKinney, Rhys Evans...Then a few who you simply cannot believe had as many appearances for us as they did, Jimmy Glass, Bart Griemink.... Talia had his moments and was even named Player of the Year, so he's exempted from the longlist of poor keepers.

Yes.

A dishonourable mention to Alistair Sperring, played one LC game in 84 v Rovers...we got beat 5-1 and that was it for him.

On loan from Soton...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 18:18:02 »

Yes.

A dishonourable mention to Alistair Sperring, played one LC game in 84 v Rovers...we got beat 5-1 and that was it for him.

On loan from Soton...
Sperring is possibly the worst keeper I have seen play for the Town, worse than Key (who did a brave job at Ipswich) and Lanzano who is probably the 2nd worst keeper I have seen in a Town shirt.

Here is Sperring in all his gory glory, he also came out to claim a lot of crosses and missed them totally as well IIRC, similar to his 5th goal conceded but got away with them, it could have easily been 7 or 8 goals let in that day.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 18:54:09 »

Quote from: Tails
Talia was crap but gave one of the best goalkeeping performances I've ever witnessed away at Charlton so I remember him fondly!
had a good game at old Trafford too in the LC iirc.

didn't think Bart was that bad myself btw
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 18:56:28 »

His dad will be managing us
Who is that then? Unsure
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 20:29:53 »

Sperring is possibly the worst keeper I have seen play for the Town, worse than Key (who did a brave job at Ipswich) and Lanzano who is probably the 2nd worst keeper I have seen in a Town shirt.

Here is Sperring in all his gory glory, he also came out to claim a lot of crosses and missed them totally as well IIRC, similar to his 5th goal conceded but got away with them, it could have easily been 7 or 8 goals let in that day.

If that's Sperring at his worst then Belford's performance at Scunthorpe trumps it comfortably!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 00:29:08 »

Sort of reminds me of pitching up at Elm Park, Boxing Day 87. To find some bloke in goal who wasn't Fraser or Nicky Hammond.
Fraser had bust his thumb earlier in the season....Lou obviously didn't fully trust Hammond, so got Tim Flowers in, when his loan ran out, Hammond came back in, but he got injured in training just before Christmas.

As there was no media news because of the hols...had no idea who he was, let alone heard of him. It transpired it was Paul Crichton who Forest had let us have for the emergency....we won 1-0. Hopefully Kean can have a similar impact.

Crichton was still going at 40 and picking up a pay cheque for coaching and bench sitting....goalkeeping can be a very decent career.

Years    Team    Apps†    (Gls)†
1986–1988    Nottingham Forest    0    (0)
1986    → Notts County (loan)    5    (0)
1987    → Darlington (loan)    5    (0)
1987    → Peterborough United (loan)    4    (0)
1987    → Darlington (loan)    3    (0)
1987    → Swindon Town (loan)    4    (0)
1988    → Rotherham United (loan)    6    (0)
1988    → Torquay United (loan)    13    (0)
1988–1990    Peterborough United    47    (0)
1990–1993    Doncaster Rovers    77    (0)
1993–1996    Grimsby Town    133    (0)
1996    → West Bromwich Albion (loan)    5    (0)
1996–1998    West Bromwich Albion    27    (0)
1997    → Aston Villa (loan)    0    (0)
1998    → Burnley (loan)    1    (0)
1998    → Burnley (loan)    0    (0)
1998–2001    Burnley    83    (0)
2001–2004    Norwich City    6    (0)
2004    York City    4    (0)
2004    Gainsborough Trinity    ?    (?)
2004    Stafford Rangers    2    (0)
2004    Leigh RMI    4    (0)
2004–2005    Accrington Stanley    19    (0)
2005–2006    Gillingham    1    (0)
2006–2007    Cambridge United    32    (0)
2007    → King's Lynn (loan)    ?    (?)
2007–2008    King's Lynn    ?    (?)
2008–2009    Brighton & Hove Albion    0    (0)
2010–2011    Sheffield United    0    (0)

He conceded at Reading that day....but ruled offside....fuck off you Reading cunts!

I think the mighty Quinn notched too...

Clems Army!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 08:05:42 »

Who is that then? Unsure

Steve kean is it not?

Things get better but they never get good
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 13:47:22 »

Not really, what he's done is real stupid. I'd be interested to hear Williams tone when talking about it as he comes across as pretty pissed off reading the article.  It's on the front page of the BBC football section as well and just looks embarrassing.

Think Williams will be ok as they just said on the radio that he and Embleton were with Nelford at the speedway in the week.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 14:14:37 »

Agree we need cover for now, but would like to see young Will Henry given his chance as soon as (hopefully) we are comfortable about not being relegated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 14:56:45 »

Steve kean is it not?

Nope.
Panda Paws

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 13:02:43 »

So, from those who have been to either of the last two games, what's the impression of Kean? Looks like a keeper, rather than a gym fiend, which is a good start I guess. Appears solid enough on the comms and highlights but impossible to tell from afar.

Guess he wouldn't come here as number 2 (nor would we run a squad with three senior keepers), but given we're in the market for a new number 1 this summer.....
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 13:09:38 »

So, from those who have been to either of the last two games, what's the impression of Kean? Looks like a keeper, rather than a gym fiend, which is a good start I guess. Appears solid enough on the comms and highlights but impossible to tell from afar.

Guess he wouldn't come here as number 2 (nor would we run a squad with three senior keepers), but given we're in the market for a new number 1 this summer.....

I've got to admit after seeing him on Saturday, I was more comfortable with him in goal than Belford, but maybe that was because we mostly stopped pratting about with the ball at the back.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 13:22:41 »

In all honesty not had that much to do last 2 games, his distribution seems decent and he's certainly commanding - handling seems to be good.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 13:51:33 »

I'd echo the above posts - early days, but looks comfortable enough, and a definite improvement on Belford.

On the basis that his emergency loan only lasts for 7 days, but the relevant 'emergency' is still ongoing, I assume that we just keep extending it every week.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: