Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jake Kean  (Read 14439 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 11:07:29 »

Can kind of see why he's done it but a pretty selfish act in my opinion. Loan window was still open when he started to feel it so could have got someone in for the rest of the season. Now we're reliant on special dispensation to extend Kean's loan otherwise we could have major problems and we all know how much the Football Leage like us.

I suspect it may have been desperation on his part, but agree it is somewhat selfish - if he wasn't already on his way out the door I suspect that he will be now.

Edit - Looking on Wiki christ is he still only 21, I assumed that he was much older - possibly explains his attitude?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 15, 2016, 11:10:29 by horlock07 » Logged
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 11:14:09 »

Sounds a bit similar to Nathan insisting he was fit to play in the Play Off Final - and look how that ended up.  They never learn, do they!
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 11:36:08 »

Just as well the injury didn't affect his performances.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 11:39:59 »

"if he wasn't already on his way out the door I suspect that he will be now."

Belford isn't going anywhere. He signed a 2 year contract last summer. So naive or not he 's here until 2017 at least.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 11:48:07 »

Well, I guess he's not won many friends with his decision. But if it was genuinely a minor issue at the start he may genuinely have though it not a problem.

That said, you'd think there is probably protocol in place that says 'report it straight away'.

So yeah. Well, its done now.
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 12:02:31 »

Too many of our players this season seem keen to cement the stereotype of footballers not being the brightest among us.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 12:13:38 »

Ty seems to be easy target but at least he wants to play for the team. Yaser gets slated for the exact opposite. Not sure you can win with some people to be honest.
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 12:16:17 »

yeah, because TY is getting slated for being eager to play, no other reason.  Roll Eyes
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 12:19:27 »

Ridiculously naive stupid and decision by Belford, irrelevant of his reasons.

Not really, he felt a tightness ignored it knowing that Vigs was injured and he was the only 1st team keeper available and had a chance to play some games which he needed to do.

Sadly it has backfired on him with a few questionable performances and an injury that has ended his season and may put him under the knife for a repair job.

Lets hope that he can push on next season and really prove himself pre-season when he is injury free as we dont know if carrying the injury has hampered his performances, only Ty will know that.

I'm not so sure that certain 'supporters' will give him a fair go though when he gets another chance, I'm sure if he was to provide out of this world saves then he'd still get stick.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 12:19:52 »

yeah, because TY is getting slated for being eager to play, no other reason.  Roll Eyes

My comment was supposed to be a general one, wasn't aimed at you.

I can understand that people think Ty's not good enough for this level. Based on his performances I would have to agree. I suppose this is just considered to be another opportunity to stick the knife in by some?!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 12:35:19 »

My comment was supposed to be a general one, wasn't aimed at you.

I can understand that people think Ty's not good enough for this level. Based on his performances I would have to agree. I suppose this is just considered to be another opportunity to stick the knife in by some?!
Not really, what he's done is real stupid. I'd be interested to hear Williams tone when talking about it as he comes across as pretty pissed off reading the article.  It's on the front page of the BBC football section as well and just looks embarrassing.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 12:48:06 »

Not really, what he's done is real stupid. I'd be interested to hear Williams tone when talking about it as he comes across as pretty pissed off reading the article.  It's on the front page of the BBC football section as well and just looks embarrassing.

Blimey, some people are easily embarrassed. I think this club has been through a little worse than this. FWIW I agree its hardly the most sensible thing to do and I'm pretty sure he knows he should have piped up sooner now. There's worse crimes out there though, as the front page of last week's Daily Star will testify.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 13:57:34 »

Or what about Richard Key? He is arguably, in STFC terms the biggest mystery man ever. He played two games for us - a famous 1-0 win over Sheffield W in the Milk Cup as it was then and a 6-1 defeat at Ipswich in the next round. Apparently (and I don't remember this, I only know it because I looked it up on http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/) Scott Endersby was refusing to play for us as he'd got the hump at us signing Kenny Allen who was cup tied (ironically he'd played against us for Torquay.)

No one had heard of Richard Key (no 's') prior to that and he was never heard of again. Strange  Huh?

Key, had actually quit football and was a student at the time. With him though, because it was early season the Adver could at least manage to publish a story about him, so at least we had a name, even if no-one knew anything about him.

Both stories of Key and Crichton illustrate that it is possible just to be unlucky....so not necessarily a symptom of the wheels having well and truly fallen off, and gouging furrows in the road.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 17:36:15 »

Key, had actually quit football and was a student at the time. With him though, because it was early season the Adver could at least manage to publish a story about him, so at least we had a name, even if no-one knew anything about him.

Both stories of Key and Crichton illustrate that it is possible just to be unlucky....so not necessarily a symptom of the wheels having well and truly fallen off, and gouging furrows in the road.

There's a long long list of random Town keepers, some Premier League players, or at least bench warmers: Shane Cook, Jon Sheffield, Alan Flanagan (MOM at Sheff Utd and never seen again), Craig Farr, Lanzano, Richard McKinney, Rhys Evans...Then a few who you simply cannot believe had as many appearances for us as they did, Jimmy Glass, Bart Griemink.... Talia had his moments and was even named Player of the Year, so he's exempted from the longlist of poor keepers.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 17:46:33 »

Talia was crap but gave one of the best goalkeeping performances I've ever witnessed away at Charlton so I remember him fondly!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: