Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FL Games to be streamed live  (Read 8273 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 10, 2016, 17:41:34 »

Just noticed a snippet that from the 2017/18 season all 72 Football League clubs will have all their games streamed live for an overseas audience.

Those clubs unable to do this for themselves the FL will do it.

Presume these games will be able to be picked up by most on their devices.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 10, 2016, 17:51:22 »

This was the moment I have been waiting for since the inception of the internet. I would pay good money for that.*

Also, I may never come to England again.

*Unless it's run by the people who do Player.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 10, 2016, 17:54:51 »

Spot on if that works...

Hope Mobdro are on it!

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 12:10:42 »

Great for overseas fans, but this will ultimately lead to domestic hacks and further decreasing attendances.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 12:12:27 »

Not sure it would greatly impact home attendances, but could see away attendances suffering

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 12:23:52 »

How many overseas fans would otherwise return to the UK to watch a game? I imagine the impact on attendances would be negligible.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 12:55:00 »

How many overseas fans would otherwise return to the UK to watch a game? I imagine the impact on attendances would be negligible.
Think CWIG meant that it would impact attendances due to UK-based fans getting access to the streams unlawfully
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 13:14:45 »

Ah, yeah. So he did.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 13:15:44 »

Where did you read this Rory?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 13:20:01 »

Read it in Saturday's newspaper. Can't remember which one as I had a few to unsuccessfully choose my Grand National winner.

May have been everyone's fav the Mail
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 13:26:26 »

Read it in Saturday's newspaper. Can't remember which one as I had a few to unsuccessfully choose my Grand National winner.

May have been everyone's fav the Mail

Nah, if it had been in the Mail it would have concentrated on all those foreign freeloaders being able to watch our football for nothing and the effects on house prices.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 14:10:46 »

Turns out it was The Mail.

The Football League this week presented clubs with an ambitious online strategy.
This will allow all 72 teams to stream matches not already being televised live on their websites to an overseas audience from 2017-18.
Without the Premier League luxury of vast overseas sales for live games, the League will offer the streaming technology to every club — even if they don’t sign up to a seven-year plan allowing the League to run the websites centrally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3530784/Roy-Hodgson-given-no-say-new-coaches-FA-s-Dan-Ashworth-build-blueprint-St-George-s-Park.html
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 17:50:37 »

Hopefully this new online strategy will include matches being broadcast on iplayer radio.

That would reduce the usual "Power Hour" question-bank by one, as well.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 14:28:15 »

Not sure it would greatly impact home attendances, but could see away attendances suffering

It's already killed a lot of away attendances in the premiership due to every game being available via some illegal stream somewhere, but you're right...it might not have much of an impact on home attendances.
Panda Paws

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 14:38:20 »

Slightly of topic, in my mind, it's mental that in the PL, if you're a Sunderland ST holder you can't watch them away at Swansea even though the game's being produced and aired live elsewhere and I know there has been very initial talks about a NBA Season Pass style product which is a no brainer I think.

Re the FL - the 300 or so hardy souls who go to Oldham on a Tuesday night are still going to go, but those who can't go, or don't wan't to, should, in this day and age, be able to watch the game live streamed for a small cost. It's dark ages stuff to think otherwise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: