Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 28036 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, April 10, 2016, 20:58:59 »

The defender's reaction makes me think it was a pen. You don't throw your arms up as immediately as that if you didn't bring him down.

Thompson at fault for the goal. Fast asleep.

Sent from my iPhone
Panda Paws

« Reply #211 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 07:13:46 »

The goal is a disgrace. Defenders then Belford having a shocker.

This season needs to end.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 08:01:59 »

Looks a pen to me, but as others have said I can see why it wasn't given. Tough call for the ref really, you win some you lose some.

The defending for that goal is atrocious. Schoolboy stuff.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 09:06:27 »

Looks a pen to me, but as others have said I can see why it wasn't given. Tough call for the ref really, you win some you lose some.

The defending for that goal is atrocious. Schoolboy stuff.

Do we actually have anyone who takes a pen? How many have we had this season....maybe 3. I'll hazard a guess there's a reasonable correlation between the amount of pens given/scored and whether a decent or shit season.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 09:10:31 »

Ajose's been taking them hasn't he? Off the top of my head.. Coventry & Millwall. Cant think of any others.

Last year we must've had about 15 or so. Missed most of them too!
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 09:18:57 »

Ajose's been taking them hasn't he? Off the top of my head.. Coventry & Millwall. Cant think of any others.

We had one at Rochdale in the cup as well, but yeah, just the 3 I think.

Not to mention the perfect 7 in the shootout at Newport. So when you look at it like that, we've actually scored 10 out of 10.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 09:23:02 »

Yes, but he's no longer around. You'd like to think someone is the designated pen taker. Probably Tyrell Belford, now that would be fun...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 10:18:09 »

Yes, but he's no longer around. You'd like to think someone is the designated pen taker. Probably Tyrell Belford, now that would be fun...
Surely you mean "not currently around" unless you're writing from the future?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 19:26:57 »

Surely you mean "not currently around" unless you're writing from the future?

Or Reg knows something we don't...  Shocked

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 19:43:51 »

Or it's a half-baked, unfounded rumour, based on little other than the fact that it would represent bad news for Swindon Town Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 08:00:24 »

He's assuming we'll sell him in the summer. Reg predicts bad news. If his predictions had come true we'd be an AFC Swindon forum by now.
Flashheart

« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 08:05:28 »

He's assuming we'll sell him in the summer. Reg predicts bad news. If his predictions had come true we'd be an AFC Swindon forum by now.

But we'll need the money to fund our fight against relegation from L2 next season.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 12:46:22 »

To be honest I expect we all have a suspicion that he might be sold by the end of August.

What I find harder to relate to is the assumption that, because he's a half decent player who was injured last week, there's some kind of deliberate arrangement whereby he'll never play for Swindon again. Bearing in mind that this is a guy who has played the whole of most games since September, and was visibly miffed when subbed after about 85 mins at Colchester when the game was already won.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 14:26:55 »

To be honest I expect we all have a suspicion that he might be sold by the end of August.

What I find harder to relate to is the assumption that, because he's a half decent player who was injured last week, there's some kind of deliberate arrangement whereby he'll never play for Swindon again. Bearing in mind that this is a guy who has played the whole of most games since September, and was visibly miffed when subbed after about 85 mins at Colchester when the game was already won.

He's already gone as far as I'm concerned. "No longer around" was just an odd turn of phrase, I thought Reg might have killed him or something  Wink I suppose that's one way to stop him going to Brentford (it's always bloody Brentford.)

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: