Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 28339 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 18:37:06 »

Didn't it get badly flooded?

I don't know, it has been wet recently.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 18:55:40 »

I'm not sure Costanza has looked closely enough at this....as I said all the teams below us have shown some recent semblance of form.....indeed Blacpool had taken 10 points from their 4 games previous to today. We're the side in freefall, not where you want to be at this stage as the season, it erodes our goal difference, and means we're relying on others. Very dangerous.

If the rumour mill is to be believed and Vigaroux and Ajose won't feature again the season, we really will be reliant on others, which is never a good position to be in.  If we pick up any more injuries, we genuinely might not get another point.

Having seen the goal, I hate to say it, but Belford should have done better.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 19:08:44 »

I'm not sure Costanza has looked closely enough at this....as I said all the teams below us have shown some recent semblance of form.....indeed Blacpool had taken 10 points from their 4 games previous to today. We're the side in freefall, not where you want to be at this stage as the season, it erodes our goal difference, and means we're relying on others. Very dangerous.

While others were relaxing a week or so ago, I was stating that Town were not safe yet... and we're not. However, right now at this very moment in time having looked at it? I think we'll get away with it.

Just.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 19:12:46 »

If the rumour mill is to be believed and Vigaroux and Ajose won't feature again the season, we really will be reliant on others, which is never a good position to be in.  If we pick up any more injuries, we genuinely might not get another point.

Having seen the goal, I hate to say it, but Belford should have done better.

Our players were claiming a foul, but he has to be stronger. Is jump is very poor. It's obvious the defence are not comfortable with him.

Like others have said, I wish the season would end now.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 19:28:25 »

Thought Marshall might have had 15/20 minutes for Rodgers today. He's gonna be gone in the summer I think.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 19:40:38 »

Did LW mention whether the 3 amigos will be considered for selection against Bury?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 19:50:00 »

Fuck knows what Belford was doing for their goal, he can blame the defence all he likes (as he seemed to do with the inquest in the aftermath) but he just seemed routed to the spot. Doesn't compensate for his lack of height with sufficient agility.
He does the moan at the defence thing after every goal he concedes, I've noticed it before and is a reason I don't think much of him. He gets up and holds his hands out as if it's always someone else's fault, you do that if you are a decent keeper but when you yourself are terrible some defenders will take exception to it and he just looks a cock IMO. To think people thought he'd be good enough to be number 1 this season, think that belief is firmly dispelled now!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 19:55:34 »

We've not one a single league game that Belford has appeared in and he's kept one clean sheet in 21 senior appearances. FACT!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 19:57:20 »

I really hate to say it, and you can say the defence is shit (and it is) but Belford is struggling to the point I think I'd rather have a youth teamer in goal.

0-1 was better than I was expecting. Can this season just finish now?
bleko89

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 20:09:37 »

Players have been given 4 days off now, back to training on Thursday. Struggling to think why they deserve this time off 
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 20:09:40 »

We've not one a single league game that Belford has appeared in and he's kept one clean sheet in 21 senior appearances. FACT!

Coventry?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 20:09:42 »

From Sam Morshead:

#stfc first-teamers now have four days off, I'm told. Back to work on Thurs ahead of Bury on Sat. Can't decide what to think of that.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 20:11:17 »

From Sam Morshead:

#stfc first-teamers now have four days off, I'm told. Back to work on Thurs ahead of Bury on Sat. Can't decide what to think of that.

Absolutely disgraceful, you reward players for days off if they have played well or have gone on the back of good results. What kind of message does "you've had no wins in 7 - have a rest" give?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 20:12:51 »

While others were relaxing a week or so ago, I was stating that Town were not safe yet... and we're not. However, right now at this very moment in time having looked at it? I think we'll get away with it.

Just.

I don't think we can rely on 51 being enough....if we don't get another point then 7 straight defeats at the end of a season would be a new unwanted record like the conceding in home games that we're heading for.

In seasons like 96/97 we even managed a couple of draws in the last 7, like in 55/56, generally reckoned to be one of our worse seasons, we ended bottom of Div3 S and had to apply for re-election, we manged 2 draws.

So that's the level of historic shitness we're talking about here....a very sorry state of affairs. The Bury game really is shit or bust
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 20:13:41 »

The sympathetic part of my brain is thinking players who really shouldn't be first teamers/90 minute'ers have been thrust into the game when they aren't ready and the time off will do them good.

The other part of me is thinking "what the fuck?" I think I'll go with that one.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: