Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season so far....  (Read 14033 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 08:43:40 »

There should be a clause inserted into the FL fit and proper test for owners that they are legally obliged to spend whatever money is demanded from them by anyone on a fans forum.

Only then will the fans get a club worthy of our heroic support.

Clap
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 09:23:30 »

All very we'll investing next to nothing on players...sure the 4,500-5000 will be thrilled next season.

I bet you the price of a 2017-18 season ticket that we average more than 7000 next season. Willing to put your money where your mouth is?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 09:37:41 »

I bet you the price of a 2017-18 season ticket that we average more than 7000 next season. Willing to put your money where your mouth is?

I like it, fighting talk...
normy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 09:38:42 »

As others have said, Power seems to have settled the club on an even keel and I have enough confidence in him to improve the player situation for next season that I have bought a season ticket.

ust be the oldest
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 09:43:00 »

I am pretty sure we averaged significantly more than that in our previous two relegation seasons, so it would take some effort to dip to those lows next season.

Next season is a bit of a proof of the pudding one for Power.  Invest a little and get an improved squad with some depth then we can see it that this year was the anomaly.  If we repeat this season then it would provide some evidence to suggest the 14/15 season was the blip caused by having a mate at Spurs.

I think it is likely the next accounts will show a profit, and that liabilities reduce as a result because Power will have paid off some of the loans made to the club by himself.  He would have looked at the income coming in and thought, this just doesn't happen very often at this level, better to bank it now than hope in the future.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:00:22 »

For reference, players signed since Sherwood left Spurs (not including loans):

Rodgers
Reeves
Obika
Hylton
C.Belford
BOO
Traore
Robert
Iandolo
Brophy
Barry
Stewart
Ajose
Balmy
Ojamaa
Bangoura
Calvin
Sendles-White
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:04:24 »

I'm no great fan of Power but even I'm willing to see what happens re recruitment over the summer.

Not many months ago we were all wetting ourselves about the players Power signed - the Ojamaa days - sure, the majority didn't work out but, hey, shit happens.

Again, I'm more concerned about the tactics then the personnel

The signings of Ojamaa and the other defensive midfielder who played once and Millwall and whose name escapes me, could have been master strokes but were absolute disasters. On paper, they had decent pedigree and us, as fans were looking forward to seeing them once they signed. It didn't work out this time, but may in the future.

This season hasn't been very enjoyable and player recruitment hasn't been fantastic, the Jordan Stewart episode for instance. I think we were spoiled by Byrne, Luongo, Gladwin, Foderingham etc who were excellent recruits that we have sold on for profit. These 'Waitrose' players have been replaced with 'Aldi' players, its basically the same and does the same job, just not as well and without the same quality. (pretty crap analogy but I am sure you get the idea!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:12:45 »

For reference, players signed since Sherwood left Spurs (not including loans):

Rodgers
Reeves
Obika
Hylton
C.Belford
BOO
Traore
Robert
Iandolo
Brophy
Barry
Stewart
Ajose
Balmy
Ojamaa
Bangoura
Calvin
Sendles-White
Struggling on the Reeves and Calvin names - was the latter the new striking hope?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:15:05 »

Struggling on the Reeves and Calvin names - was the latter the new striking hope?

I can't think who the fuck Reeves is either!

Calvin was signed on a free in January I think. Released by Watford. I think a short term contract to see if he is any good. Would be nice to see if he was.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:18:20 »

Sorry! It was Jake Reeves. Left pretty quickly for AFC Wimbledon.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:20:24 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=REEVESJA
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:21:12 »

Whatever happened to Tom Smith, young midfielder who scored against Crewe earlier this season?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:23:23 »

Whatever happened to Tom Smith, young midfielder who scored against Crewe earlier this season?

I follow him on Twitter so know that he had a pretty bad injury and is currently working his way back to fitness. I doubt we'll see him again this season but is a good prospect I think.

He has been 1 of 3 nominated for League 1 apprentice of the year.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:24:31 »

Ah, OK. Cheers.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 10:26:10 »

I can't think who the fuck Reeves is either!

Calvin was signed on a free in January I think. Released by Watford. I think a short term contract to see if he is any good. Would be nice to see if he was.

Jake got on the park around 9 times last season in league games and we only lost one....looked a useful lad. Been pretty much ever present for the Dons since going there. Certainly could have done with him this season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: