Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season so far....  (Read 14004 times)
GL5 Red

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:28:22 »

There we go...mother brown...another sarcastic funny man.
What we don't need is a chairman who invests fuck all in players.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:29:56 »

OK, here we go - I've said it before and I'm going to keep going at it like a dog with a bone. We're in a bit of a shit run, no doubt - BUT - 13 days ago (and counting) we could say we were 7 games unbeaten. This current shit run is only 2 weeks old but a lot of people are talking like the World is falling around their ears. If we win 3-0 at Bradford, what will those people be saying then?*

*No I don't think there's any chance of that happening, it's more forlorn hope than anything else but it's all I have, seeing as how I've already got my mother fucking tickets.**

**You never know - there's no logic in football, although Reg would try to have you believe otherwise.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:30:07 »

We have bad seasons quite a lot, regardless of what's expended money wise.

Next season will be the one to judge the system on more.
Barry Scott

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:32:26 »

However the belief is Power has sold every player worth watching, profit solely for himself and replaced with utter dross.  

It's a belief you and your mates have, not fans en masse, it's certainly not a belief myself or any of my mates have.

There are far easier ways of generating money, if that's what you want to do, than owning a league one football club and gambling on unproven players in the hope of turning a profit.
GL5 Red

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:33:38 »

The thing is though even recently when we were winning I though we were in a false position.  This is a poor league and we have looked mediocre.
I sincerely hope next season sees a marked improvement, fingers crossed Power now realises the cheap option is not always the best option.  
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:33:42 »

There we go...mother brown...another sarcastic funny man.
What we don't need is a chairman who invests fuck all in players.
I'm no great fan of Power but even I'm willing to see what happens re recruitment over the summer.

Not many months ago we were all wetting ourselves about the players Power signed - the Ojamaa days - sure, the majority didn't work out but, hey, shit happens.

Again, I'm more concerned about the tactics then the personnel
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:33:45 »

So what actually is your actual point GL5?

You're a bit pissed off?

I get that, believe me. Other than that though, what do you suggest we do?
GL5 Red

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:35:15 »

More than a bit pissed off, angry, frustrated and concerned!  As for the answer, fuck knows!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:36:36 »

More than a bit pissed off, angry, frustrated and concerned!  As for the answer, fuck knows!!
Thanks for clarifying.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:43:17 »

We haven't got much money. That's why we aren't spending any. That's why we're not signing tons of experienced and well regarded players that people want. That's why we're not winning every game 6-0.

The tragic performances of late have been a concern because of the depth of the squad and the way we don't seem to learn from our mistakes defensively. How this equates to Power being a crook, who apparently wants us to get relegated but rip us off at the same time (Huh?) is the part I see as total hysterical bullshit. IMHO.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:49:01 »

We had an expensive experienced squad in 2010/2011.

That was far worse than this year.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:50:13 »

Oh and we're not spending money so I'm not giving the club any of my money is the stupidest logic ever. That's not me being sarcastic or immature, it's me pointing out you're a fool. 
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:52:37 »

Probably worth mentioning that from what I understand, we've not even had half of the transfer fees for Luongo and Gladwin. It could be wrong, but we don't have all of it.

Oh yeah and if you want to be objective then Obika, Smith, Luongo, Gladwin and Byrne were all paid for by Power out of his own pocket. I don't particularly like the guy but if you're gonna slate his lack of spending then at least be fair about it.
GL5 Red

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 21:01:47 »

I am a fool am I tails.  Read the forum on a regular basis and you are a muppet.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 21:08:33 »

Surprised at the sensible responses!  Course I don't expect everyone to agree, game of opinions but on my last post some sarcastic and immature responses.  I have been going since March 88', I fully expect us to sell star players but what i cannot accept from Power is all the revenue received, in return he has invested next to nothing in the playing squad.  I am genuinely concerned.  Like I stated earlier, lads and I mean lots of lads who have been going for years will not be going next season.  I just hope Power spends otherwise we are massive, massive trouble.

Power has put money into the club since he took over. As mentioned in the phone in he has covered the losses (approximately £4m) and was looking to take some of that money back.

That goes against the grain of most club owners who plug the gap between revenue and player wages with little chance of getting any back (Wills family and Andrew Black must have written off £10m each over the years). Most Championship clubs are losing £10-£20m a season and I suspect in League 1 its a couple of million for most clubs but supporters aren't covering those.

Power's philosophy is not to do that and try to make money from selling players on at a profit using his contacts or inside knowledge of how clubs operate. For example Coventry wanted to sign Ajose but couldn't do a deal with Leeds yet a week later we sign him as a free agent?

If Power wants to own the training ground and make money from redevelopment that's his prerogative and as long as the risk or unreasonable costs don't get passed on to the club then fine. There are lots of things to not like about him, the way some players were pushed out the door or frozen out and the whole media ban.

But we are where we are until either the next Andrew Black comes along or Power could easily sell out to the next Jed or Portuguese lot if they stump up the asking price. This season has flitted from promotion form to relegation form and not much in between.

Let's hope we do enough to stay up and Power realises he can't play the loan market and we build a competitive squad with young talent and older heads. Maybe, just maybe we put together a squad that can last the distance in a year when the league is weak and not have good sides that fall short when the promotion teams are strong (09/10 and last year spring to mind).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: