Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season so far....  (Read 14005 times)
GL5 Red

« on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 19:07:59 »

So a good few months ago I questioned Lee Power and stressed my concern at the low quality players we were singing.  Some of the replies were laughable, however I wonder if many of those who were quick to shoot me down are happy with Mr Power now.  We currently have a squad that is simply woeful, players have been signed because they demand lower wages than most yet our attendances are considerably higher than numerous other teams.  something doesn't add up.......
Next season will be the first season in a considerable time I do not purchase a season ticket.  Numerous others who have supported the club for yours have become disillusioned citing Power and his methods for the reason for no longer wanting to attend.  These are worrying times.  (No doubt this message will get the usual "go support Man Utd" and "Power has us on sound financial footing"). If Power persists with signing poor quality players then we will not only be in free fall but attendances will also suffer massively.  I for one have found this season to be a complete chore and cannot see things improving.  I look forward to some sensible input from the likes of delta incline, no doubt others will have something sarcastic lined up.   
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 19:54:05 »

Lee Power is like Dr Evil. He has a master plan to destroy the club.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 19:55:25 »

So a good few months ago I questioned Lee Power and stressed my concern at the low quality players we were singing.    

You were right to be concerned.  That Jeremy Balmy song was woeful.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 19:56:27 »

My only  real gripe is the stubborn insistence in adhering to a style that patently does not work for the players we have.

So there are only 2 alternatives - change the style or recruit players more adept at the required style.

Some may point to the success of last season playing a similar way but that was with Luongo Byrne Gladwin etc. No one can claim their replacements are anywhere near good enough.

We have been sussed by opposition teams and even the lowly ones are able to counter our 'way'.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:03:19 »

When you say 'sensible input', what would you like people to say?

You say these are 'worrying times', but that was the case 5/10/15/20 years ago (you'd have loved it if you were around in 1990 when we got relegated 2 divisions). This is Swindon, that's how it is. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to be better - I am green with envy at Leicester City fans and even Bournemouth. But we're not - it is what it is.

I'm probably quite a bit older than you and I let it wash over me to a large degree (again, please don't misunderstand me, I'm not totally complacent - I was fucking apoplectic after we lost 6-0 to Scunthorpe and it still hurts now). Ultimately though, there's nothing we can do. Tell me you want me to say and I'll say it if it will make you feel better.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:05:05 »

So basically we are only allowed to agree with you, otherwise we are sarcastic?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
GL5 Red

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:11:39 »

Surprised at the sensible responses!  Course I don't expect everyone to agree, game of opinions but on my last post some sarcastic and immature responses.  I have been going since March 88', I fully expect us to sell star players but what i cannot accept from Power is all the revenue received, in return he has invested next to nothing in the playing squad.  I am genuinely concerned.  Like I stated earlier, lads and I mean lots of lads who have been going for years will not be going next season.  I just hope Power spends otherwise we are massive, massive trouble.
GL5 Red

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:13:48 »

Remember 1990, being demoted, was absolutely gutted as an 8 year old.  I am massively concerned with Lee Power and have zero confidence in him.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:14:40 »

How can you say he's invested next to nothing when we signed Ajose?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:16:39 »

Nobody knows what that cost. Maybe loads, maybe jack shit
GL5 Red

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:19:40 »

Nicky Ajose had his contract paid up by Leeds United.  He was a free agent and demand wasn't high for services, therefore I cannot imagine his wages are astronomical.  No transfer fee paid.

Barry Scott

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:21:32 »

Surprised at the sensible responses!  Course I don't expect everyone to agree, game of opinions but on my last post some sarcastic and immature responses.  I have been going since March 88', I fully expect us to sell star players but what i cannot accept from Power is all the revenue received, in return he has invested next to nothing in the playing squad.  I am genuinely concerned.  Like I stated earlier, lads and I mean lots of lads who have been going for years will not be going next season.  I just hope Power spends otherwise we are massive, massive trouble.

Just because people don't agree with your reasoning, doesn't mean they're immature.

And quite frankly if people see this season as a reason for stopping going, after all the shit we've been through, I'd suggest a post disagreeing with you (and your mates) would actually be the more reasoned and mature of stances.

Nicky Ajose had his contract paid up by Leeds United.  He was a free agent and demand wasn't high for services, therefore I cannot imagine his wages are astronomical.  No transfer fee paid.

Wat?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:21:40 »

Never mind.
GL5 Red

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:25:54 »

Barry, the responses were immature, rather than address the issues raised (as you have and sonic youth) was just immature answer that contributed nothing.  Yes, we as a club have had some turbulent times, and the lads mentioned have stuck through. It.  However the belief is Power has sold every player worth watching, profit solely for himself and replaced with utter dross.  Who in their right mind is going to part with hard earned cash to watch the remaining home games?  Any of the current crop worth it? Unfortunately I have a season ticket so I will be there.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 20:26:16 »

What the club needs is another Willie Carson,open wallet . . splash the cash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: