Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yaser Kasim  (Read 15171 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 10:07:47 »

Interesting read, I do wonder why this has received zero reporting over here, unless the club don't want to publicise that he is over there for security reasons. Would explain some of his recent absences.

Seems odd that the New York Times can uncover and report stories about our players but the local media seem incapable of doing likewise?
Apart from this you mean:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14305953._Iraq_trip_will_help_Kasim___says_Williams/?ref=mr&lp=13

And also "over here", albeit national rather than local (and being The Sun, rather missing the main point):
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7015170/Yaser-Kasim-fled-streets-of-Baghad-and-Saddam-Husseins-tyranny-now-hes-at-Swindon.html
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 13:12:59 »

That Advertiser story is dated 27th Feb 2016 so way before the subject of the NYT piece, however are the NYT now sourcing stories from the UK local press - I await with baited breath their take on the woman trapped in house by mattress cliffhanger!

Equally the Sun story is from late March so again before the events depicted in the NYT happened.

Edit - actually the NYT and Sun pieces are by the same journalist - I wonder whether Yasers agent has a friendly journalist working to keep his clients name in the media at the moment?
« Last Edit: Monday, April 11, 2016, 13:14:52 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 13:30:34 »

I suspect both the NYT and Sun pieces are from a regional stringer who's piece has since been syndicated, hence the somewhat eclectic global coverage
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 13:52:31 »

I suspect both the NYT and Sun pieces are from a regional stringer who's piece has since been syndicated, hence the somewhat eclectic global coverage

But the piece in the Sun dates from before the bomb attack so is a completely different story, whilst both of the stories you have quoted relate to Yaser going back to Iraq both are before the event that was even the subject of the NYT piece? My point remains why are these stories being picked up the press in the US of A but the local rag doesn't seem able to pick them up likewise.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 14:19:06 »

Sorry I didn't explain that very well. I meant I suspect both pieces are by the same stringer who is regionally based and writes up sports stories that are then syndicated and offered nationally and internationally. Why the story got picked up in the US is, I suspect, because it's a pretty topical human interest story and offers a new angle on the ISIS story. Why the Adver didn't pick it up, well because I suspect no-one on the Adver sports desk even knew that an Iraqi football festival had been targeted by ISIS to make the connection "Hey, I wonder if that affected Yaser at all?" as that would have been categorised as a news rather than sport story.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 16:46:20 »

Plus it wasn't given out in the daily/weekly case log for from the Swindon Magistrates Courts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 13:38:10 »

crocked again..Huh?
http://m.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14723844.Kasim_suffers_recurrence_of_injury_on_international_duty/

not exactly definitive information..
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 13:40:48 »

Hopefully Iraq send him home. Would be handy for Saturday's match.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 13:53:25 »

Feeling positive Town fans? Don't worry your next kick in the bollocks is only days away.

Suppose we played well on Saturday without him but he just enables so much more control of the game.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 13:56:47 »

Hopefully just a precaution and he'll be OK for Saturday
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 14:16:40 »

He'll be fucked with jet lag even if the injury isn't a problem   Sad

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 14:46:17 »

Generally takes him a couple of weeks, irrespective of any injuries, before he's back to normal after the Iraq internationals. 
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 14:52:33 »

Feeling positive Town fans? Don't worry your next kick in the bollocks is only days away.

Suppose we played well on Saturday without him but he just enables so much more control of the game.

You're right, we're only ever a few hours from bad luck or a fuck up, it's always been like that, bar sort of 87-90 before the motherlode of all fuck ups got us. Can't see that ever changing Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 15:03:27 »

Generally takes him a couple of weeks, irrespective of any injuries, before he's back to normal after the Iraq internationals. 

As I pointed out Yas played about 50% of games last season....the seemingly increasing number of breaks, plus recovery from travel/injuries etc mean it must be legitimate to ask whether for a lower league club with a small squad it's worth it?
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 15:32:29 »

Didn't he start on the bench for their last game? I wouldn't be surprised if he's just throwing another tantrum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: