Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kembrey Inn, Swindon  (Read 8419 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 22:01:05 »

This is a Brewers Fayre attached to the Premier Inn, Kembrey Park; we went there tonight for a small celebration for my wife's retirement from work and her and our son's birthday - what a disaster!!!  We had booked a table and were immediately shown to it, the place was very quiet and we soon found out why.  After complaining twice about the length of time to serve four main meals (1 hour) they eventually arrived and it was very evident that they had been reheated not once but several times if the chips, steak and onion rings were anything to go by!!  Calling the manager over we informed him we ere not eating it and were leaving, offered to pay for our drinks, two pints and a bottle of wine but he eventually decided to cancel everything.  Avoid this place like the plague!!  Sad thing is that this is our "local" but we will not be returning until we can be assured that management and kitchen staff have been changed!  Crying Crying Crying Bye Bye Doh Doh
Talk Talk

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 23:27:56 »

Trip Adviser is your friend.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187049-d2419896-Reviews-Brewers_Fayre-Swindon_Wiltshire_England.html

Gets a lot of stick for service.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 23:30:18 by Talk Talk » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 07:38:21 »

It's a chain pub which does 'pingable' food.

All chain pubs are hit and miss. This one is definitely a miss.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 07:52:27 »

very similar experience at Beefeater (Lydiard) We were in a big group, 15 or so so we know the score when going out to dinner.
We arrived at 5.45 and were told that there was a group of 62 arriving at 6.30 and we should get our order in by 6.15 to avoid a wait. We did this, with plenty of time to spare. almost an hour into waiting for starters the group of 62 were getting their food served before us. One of our party kicked off and were told they had pre-ordered regardless of the fact we ordered in good time.
The starters came and went and more waiting ensued. When we asked how long our mains would be we were told another hour to hour and half. We all just got up and left. The manager tried to make us pay for our starters..no chance.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 07:58:57 »

The service at that Beefeater has always been terrible. I find it the same in most chain places, they don't have any clue about management or organisation. They section out tables per waiter/waitress, you'll have one section extremely busy with the waiter struggling to take orders, serve food and clear tables and then have another area that's completely empty with the waiter fucking about having a chat with his mates and generally doing nothing when they could be helping out and speeding up service in other sections.

It shouldn't bother me so much, but it really grinds my gears.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 08:41:25 »

I have reviewed a lot of times on TA - hankertonboy!  Happy to praise where everything has been good, not afraid to criticise when required!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 08:44:00 »

It's a chain pub which does 'pingable' food.

All chain pubs are hit and miss. This one is definitely a miss.
It is my "local" and we do use it on a fairly regular basis - be a long time before we go back!!  Upside was that Robin Phillips' fish and chip shop was still open so we got a takeaway and eat it at home!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 12:42:55 »

used to be OK in kembrey, typically chain pub. not been in for a couple of years.

I'll add it to the weighbridge as places to avoid
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 13:01:44 »

Eaten at the Kembury loads. Never had an issue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 13:13:45 »

Lower all expectations when eating at any form of chain pub and you'll never be disappointed.

Or find somewhere better.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 17:18:11 »

I've been to The Lydiard a couple of times recently and I've been pleased with the service
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 20:32:46 »

I've been to The Lydiard a couple of times recently and I've been pleased with the service
I'd been a while back before and had a decent meal but this time was quite the opposite.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 20:33:30 »

Lower all expectations when eating at any form of chain pub and you'll never be disappointed.

Or find somewhere better.
You get better service in McDonald's
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 20:35:02 »

I'd been a while back before and had a decent meal but this time was quite the opposite.

It's really annoying you can't get a consistent service anywhere really.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 20:43:31 »

It's really annoying you can't get a consistent service anywhere really.
Nando's? It's basically non-existent so pretty easy to be consistent
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: