Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 22874 times)
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 07:23:53 »

That was bad. Having said that we had a 15-20 minute spell where we probably should have won the game.
The XI that finished has to start the next game with the exception of BOO for Brophy. Hylton did better today but lacked composure most of the time.
I'll take limping over the finish line now, which looking at fitness levels, is literally what we're going to do.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 08:45:18 »

Injuries and suspensions are the current problem, back up players are not good enough.
Without Obika the front line is dwarf like and too lightweight to hold any balls pumped up to them.
Back 3 do not look as effective without NT and Belford doesn't seem to inspire the same confidence as Vigs does.

Don't get me started on why Rodgers gets a spot ahead of Traore or anyone for that matter

That's my take on it anyway
This!!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 09:14:51 »

For everyone calling for Brophy over BOO in the next game, isn't that what we did at Scunthorpe.

We know how well that went. FWIW neither of them can be relied upon to defend (hence why we need to play with three centre halves).

If we are going to play with four at the back I'd be tempted to play Turnbull at Left Back, at least he is a defender.

As for the game, Belford did well yesterday, reminds me of a slightly worse Phil Smith in that he can have good games but I really don't believe you can rely on him as the number 1. Also helped that their finishing was rubbish.

Defensively we were shambolic, but I still believe a lot of the problems are caused by our midfield being so static. You need a Traore or (a can be arsed) Kasim to come short & make themselves available to receive the ball.  Too often the back three had only themselves or Belford to pass the ball to & we got ourselves into trouble.

I feel sorry for Hylton too, he works his nuts off, but I really don't think he is good enough. Maybe if he had the chance to play with Obika he would fare a bit better.

Ajose doesn't get enough love from the crowd for me, we (rightly) sing about Super John Obika when he plays but Ajose looks a class act when the ball is in the box. Being the leagues top scorer in this side is some achievement.

The most important thing about yesterday wasn't the point we gained, but more the fact it stopped Fleetwood closing the gap, do the same on Tuesday & we will have the magic 52 and stop Oldham closing the gap as well.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 10:18:19 »

I think the reason that Ajose doesn't get the love that Obika does is due to the way he plays.  You can't question his goalscoring record, but often during games he looks a bit lazy ie waiting for the ball to come to his feet instead of working to get it.  Obika's workrate seems alot higher generally.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 23:03:05 »

Ajose doesn't get enough love from the crowd cos his name doesn't really fit with the standard songs (like Obika.)

Perhaps it is because I'm a psychologist but I really, really can't see the point of analysing the performance against Fleetwood on an individual level. Everyone was shit. It was pretty obvious there was an anxiety and an apathy. And who could blame them?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 06:09:44 »

Ajose doesn't get enough love from the crowd cos his name doesn't really fit with the standard songs (like Obika.)

Perhaps it is because I'm a psychologist but I really, really can't see the point of analysing the performance against Fleetwood on an individual level. Everyone was shit. It was pretty obvious there was an anxiety and an apathy. And who could blame them?

anxiety and apathy? just the kind of things that management are their to put right. if I turn up to work this morning showing signs of apathy, my boss will rip me a new one.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 06:29:41 »

To be fair, there's bound to be some nervousness after two heavy defeats; if a manager could remove that completely he probably wouldn't be working in the third division.

How much of the responsibility for those hammerings rests with the manager is a different debate...

"Absolute Calamity!"
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 07:46:35 »

Putting my head above the parapet her but, I thought Rodgers had one of his more effective games. There was evidence of him actually getting stuck in and some decent passes.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 08:02:50 »

anxiety and apathy? just the kind of things that management are their to put right. if I turn up to work this morning showing signs of apathy, my boss will rip me a new one.

You have a shit boss then.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 08:26:48 »

"putting my head above the parapet her but, I thought Rodgers had one of his more effective games. There was evidence of him actually getting stuck in and some decent passes."

Really? I struggle to think of anything very much he contributed. Distinct lack of even his woefully loose and inaccurate through balls or even tippy, tappy sideways or backwards passing.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
REDBUCK

« Reply #160 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 08:40:46 »

Actually there were many more forward and cross field passes than usual but that's because Fleetwood allowed him a bit of time and space. Having said that not many incisive passes for the position he plays and for me he doesn't make himself available to the defence, usually hiding behind an opponent.

His issue for me is he doesn't do the dirty stuff when we haven't got the ball, tracking back and following runners, hence the mannequin comment from Williams which he's the main culprit.

As for tackling, it seems to me he puts in a few dirty ones per match to get noticed but nothing really effective
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 16:55:56 »

You have a shit boss then.

Indeed.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 17:52:38 »

Perhaps it is because I'm a psychologist...

Really? You should point it out more often.....

It's All Good..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 17:57:46 »

Really? You should point it out more often.....

Smiley
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 18:17:10 »

Sorry about that

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: