Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke fronts up  (Read 6040 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 22:57:45 »

No matter which way you look at it, Williams' 'I might have been mistaken about not signing anyone in the window, cos I thought we already had the talent here that could step up' line, was a fundamental error of judgement for any professional manager to make.

It was a major fucking schoolboy error to articulate it, let alone in the media.

He may well turn out to be a brilliant manager. Much of what he's done so far as a coach and rookie manager has been encouraging, but publicly taking the rap for Power not reinvesting profits in the playing squad suggests that he's a patsy, and that ain't going to do him any favours if things turn bad.

Lets hope him and the lads can work some 3-point magic tomorrow.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:58:56 »

From what I recall Power had agreed to sign Stephens on loan in January but Williams had basically said he didn't want anymore players.

The likelihood is that decision isn't going to get us relegated as we should hopefully get enough points this season. As long as we don't make the same mistake again then it's a good lesson learned.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 11:48:12 »

Williams decided against signing Stephens and allegedly was the reason El Abd went back, another player Power wanted to keep.
The constant blame people put on Power is ridiculous.
Maybe, just maybe, Power believes in Williams that much that he's happy to let his manager/first team coach make decisions on players? Imagine that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: