Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke fronts up  (Read 6079 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 16:13:09 »

Fair to play to him for admitting 'his' recruitment policy - or lack thereof - in January was a mistake.

For him he seemed a bit scathing about some of the squad not being able to step up
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 16:24:30 »

Where's this been said then?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 16:27:13 »

Where's this been said then?

Adver rehash of a radio interview on the Beeb local.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 16:31:39 »

Good on him.

He's new to the job, best to get your mistakes made and out of the way quickly.
willwalder

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 16:59:53 »

You can hear him here: Take a look at @BBCWiltsSport's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BBCWiltsSport/status/715562814077870080?s=09
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 17:04:13 »

it's important to learn from mistakes, not dwell on them. seems that's just what he's doing.

now if we can just get him to look at the defensive coaching side of things... Smiley
deltaincline

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 22:29:48 »

Fucking hell, are we sure Luke Williams isn't related to Sean Hodgetts?

That load of old bollocks sounded almost as plausible as Sandy Grey trying to convince us that Diamond Mike was a life-long Swindon fan.

His voice goes all croaky at the end and he begins to stutter as he claims how supportive the chairman is.

It's deeply worrying that we have a manager who is seemingly willing to go to any lengths to shield his boss from criticism, even to the point where he risks fucking up his own reputation.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 07:40:08 »

Fucking hell, are we sure Luke Williams isn't related to Sean Hodgetts?

That load of old bollocks sounded almost as plausible as Sandy Grey trying to convince us that Diamond Mike was a life-long Swindon fan.

His voice goes all croaky at the end and he begins to stutter as he claims how supportive the chairman is.

It's deeply worrying that we have a manager who is seemingly willing to go to any lengths to shield his boss from criticism, even to the point where he risks fucking up his own reputation.

I can imagine it now. Power sat in his armchair monitoring the CCTV footage he had secretly installed in the houses of all his naysayers, strangling puppies and then throwing them to the Syrian refugees he has locked in a cage for his own amusement. Shortly after his morning catch up call with Donald Trump, Williams limps in to his office, his face bruised and swollen after Power had him beaten for the 6-0 defeat at the hands of Scunthorpe.

Williams kneals. "Master".

Power swivels round in his armchair slowly, lighting a cigar with a batch of fifties he'd recently withdrawn from the "Lungo & Gladwin sale" fund. "Yes, reek?". A wry smile begins to etch on Power's face as he imagines all the monies he'll get when he sells Ajose to Bristol City in the summer.

"They... they want to speak to me... The fans... they aren't happy master. They think you're the evil mastermind behind everythi..."

"WELL I AM!!!" bellows Power, laughing maniacally as he throws back another shot of 30 year old bourbon bought with recent season ticket money.

"But...wh...what do I say master? I'm frightened master. I didn't sign any of them... I don't do anything... how... how can I tell them?? I need your guidance wise one... I... I don't have the strength to do this"

Power stands, then approaches his snivelling servant. He places his hand on his shoulder and in his stereotypical cockney bad guy voice tells him, "You know what to do. You tell them it was your fault. Don't tell them it was in fact I who ordered Thompson to kick Vigoroux enough so he'd be out a few games and we won't have to pay Liverpool an extra loan fee. Don't tell them we could have signed a competent centre back in the summer, only Branco's Brazilian mafia connections were greatly needed to help me take out Sam Morshead. No no. Remind the peasants that you are in charge and you have failed them. This is the only way we can continue with the master plan. Anyway, you better be off... your 3 hours of passing sideways sessions is shortly to begin."

Williams trudges off. "Thank you master". Power sits back down, and calls Steve Lansdown. "How about Thompson too? Your fans will forgive him... and I need a new tank for the sharks with frickin lasers attached to their heads".
corner

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 07:56:07 »

Fuck sake tails.....
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 08:39:10 »

Here's as thought: Maybe Williams was just telling it as it is?

Fancy that!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 08:47:41 »

Here's as thought: Maybe Williams was just telling it as it is?

Fancy that!

Nope, not having that.

Roaming the land while you sleep..

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 09:07:10 »

He's clearly a yes man. Surely that's obvious isn't it ?
Power is the self proclaimed director of football and it's well documented who pulls the strings.
Is he as bad as some make out ? Probably not, but let's not kid ourselves here. He runs things.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 09:26:40 »

Good work Tails.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 12:00:52 »

I remember before Ling was appointed and Williams was mentioned Power said that if Williams was to get the job then he will be replaced with another coach to help, so I'm hoping that Power & Williams are waiting until the end of the season and will bring in another coach to help out.

If there are some players now that Williams does not believe can step up and fight for a place then I hope they allow that player to go and find a new club in the summer rather than keep blind faith that 'he will come good next season'.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 12:43:19 »

I remember before Ling was appointed and Williams was mentioned Power said that if Williams was to get the job then he will be replaced with another coach to help, so I'm hoping that Power & Williams are waiting until the end of the season and will bring in another coach to help out.

If there are some players now that Williams does not believe can step up and fight for a place then I hope they allow that player to go and find a new club in the summer rather than keep blind faith that 'he will come good next season'.

Where have you been? They did bring in another coach.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: