Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guardian Article.  (Read 13360 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 08:11:50 »

Estate agents are most certainly all cunts and morons
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 08:58:19 »

I'm a lawyer and can confirm that the profession is indeed populated by cunts. And plenty of morons as well.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 09:39:55 »

IFA here. Definite moron.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 14:01:34 »

I've met morons in the media but plenty more dedicated, badly-paid, very talented men and women who go into the industry wanting to produce content that is very different to what they end up being instructed to write. And that's because what critics call 'proper' journalism, and probably is proper journalism, doesn't get read anywhere near as much as the 'trash'.
Any paper's analytics team will tell you that. Sadly, online media is very much supply and demand, and therefore you get a lot more low-brow stuff. If consumers took more of an interest in the detail, research, analysis, comment etc then it may be different. As it is, I'm very proud to be writing for a national - it's what I wanted to do from a very young age. I'm aware that might make me a little bit more of a cunt.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 14:19:36 »

I've met morons in the media but plenty more dedicated, badly-paid, very talented men and women who go into the industry wanting to produce content that is very different to what they end up being instructed to write. And that's because what critics call 'proper' journalism, and probably is proper journalism, doesn't get read anywhere near as much as the 'trash'.
Any paper's analytics team will tell you that. Sadly, online media is very much supply and demand, and therefore you get a lot more low-brow stuff. If consumers took more of an interest in the detail, research, analysis, comment etc then it may be different. As it is, I'm very proud to be writing for a national - it's what I wanted to do from a very young age. I'm aware that might make me a little bit more of a cunt.

Shut Up CUNT  Clap
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 14:40:06 »

You're a talented journalist, Sam. I think most people here would agree with that, and you have every right to be proud of your achievements. Stratton's post did say "in the main", not that all journalists were idiots. I think every industry can succumb to their own kind of bureaucracy, or let their standards falter due to demand. I suppose it's how you interpret that that determines how you view journalism as a whole.

My point was more that The DM can fuck off because it's racist.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 14:44:21 »

As long as they're feeding you well, Sam.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 15:03:16 »

As long as they're feeding you well, Sam.
Part-subsidised canteen and a Wasabi within walking distance. Happy days.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 16:16:39 »

You're a talented journalist, Sam. I think most people here would agree with that, and you have every right to be proud of your achievements. Stratton's post did say "in the main", not that all journalists were idiots. I think every industry can succumb to their own kind of bureaucracy, or let their standards falter due to demand. I suppose it's how you interpret that that determines how you view journalism as a whole.

My point was more that The DM can fuck off because it's racist.

You are learning from Talk Talk ain't you!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 16:38:26 »

You are learning from Talk Talk ain't you!

I knew someone would suggest I was being kiss-arsey. It's true though. Our podgy little clown is a good writer.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: