Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon Match Day Thread  (Read 39794 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 00:45:23 »

The thing is guys unless you or we have the money to buy Lee power out we are stuck with him doing whatever he wants ,the way he wants and how he wants . 1 million % in it as a businessman he has said .Wants to get to championship then sell.In the meantime he will cut his cloth accordingly(I have no prob with that at all as it's important we have a club at whatever level)and as a business that's what keeps it sustainable.BUT he has made no community effort or spent any cash around the stadium (Fitton and wray sorted all red seats and at least painted and made certain areas presentable)and their plan included stadium development and or a new facility )We can all have our opinion but if we are not really happy about our club being run this way there are choices --Don't go to games or give any money at all .If 500 or 1000 people made a stand on a reqular basis (from our present very loyal following) the saleable asset would decrease any profit v turnover . For 43 years we have had no assets( stadium) no money and the same level of football and attendance and I should know as that's when I first started going .Sooooo people what are we going to do about it ?

What the fuck are you on about?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #301 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 02:08:54 »

We've got new floodlights and are getting a new training facility, no?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 04:08:39 »

People aren't going to stop attending because they want to get rid of Power - they will stop for the same reasons they have always done - having an unsuccessful team.

It's a natural reaction which will no doubt manifest itself on Saturday when we will probably scrape just over 6000 against Fleetwood.

Note that despite Blackpool fans boycotting their home games there is no sign of Oyston legging it any time soon.

What fans of any club want is hope. Hope that things will improve, hope the calibre of player gets better and, in our case, hope they can somehow sort out the lack of any semblance of a functioning defence.

Our home games against Bradford, Crewe, Southend, Coventry, Millwall all have one thing in common. We started with 3 at the back, got tonked in the early stages, reverted to the good old 442 - diamond or otherwise -  played some good stuff and retrieved the situation.

Which begs the simple question - why don't we just start off playing a system that obviously suits us better.

The slagging off of players  needs to be tempered with the roles they are being asked to fulfil. It's the staff's job to either recruit players capable of performing a certain role or improving existing players through coaching.

Our back 3 for the majority of the past 2 seasons - Branco, Turnbull and Thompson - have not improved playing this system and are unlikely to do so.

Something needs to change - either personnel or system - as it seems certain that we will never rid ourselves of our defensive frailties.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 08:11:52 »

The thing is guys unless you or we have the money to buy Lee power out we are stuck with him doing whatever he wants ,the way he wants and how he wants . 1 million % in it as a businessman he has said .Wants to get to championship then sell.In the meantime he will cut his cloth accordingly(I have no prob with that at all as it's important we have a club at whatever level)and as a business that's what keeps it sustainable.BUT he has made no community effort or spent any cash around the stadium (Fitton and wray sorted all red seats and at least painted and made certain areas presentable)and their plan included stadium development and or a new facility )We can all have our opinion but if we are not really happy about our club being run this way there are choices --Don't go to games or give any money at all .If 500 or 1000 people made a stand on a reqular basis (from our present very loyal following) the saleable asset would decrease any profit v turnover . For 43 years we have had no assets( stadium) no money and the same level of football and attendance and I should know as that's when I first started going .Sooooo people what are we going to do about it ?

I am no mathematician but I don't think Power can actually be in for anything 1 million%?

As for his aim being to get us to the championship and sell won't that actually achieve a lot of fans objectives in getting us promoted to another level and rid of asset stripping Power?
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 08:26:57 by horlock07 » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 08:24:12 »

You won't spend money to watch Town because Power won't? what exactly do you intend to achieve by not buying a ST? Genuine question.

I'm shocked, I totally agree with Chang. I wasn't there on Monday but that is a fair summary of those players IMO from what I've seen this season.

In short...save myself some money.

I knew for a few seasons now that I miss a few games but was relaxed as an ST saved me queueing and all that bollocks pre match and that was worth a couple of missed matches to me....now I can get tickets online and decided to go that route.

Power is here....fine by me. We have a club to support and not pissing money away wildly nilly....great.

I lost the buzz after the Wembley shambles and the 'not our day' post match shit rubbed salt in the wounds. Already got an ST then, otherwise I wouldn't of bothered.

I like the football but we cut our cloth SO fine that a couple of injuries and we are fucked. It's all Jekyll and Hyde.
Williams seems to know what he's doing and is honest post match.

I will still go to the majority of games, it's a lot about the whole day in the pub for me as much as the football.

Why not make all the season tickets £1000 and if you don't buy one you're a cunt who doesn't support the team and doesn't want promotion.
A line needs to be drawn, I've drawn mine. Doesn't make me right .... or wrong.
I'm not trying to make a statement to Power.
I respect people that have got one and those that haven't.
If we go on some storming cup run and I miss out on a home ticket.....that's my look out!

See you Saturday.

Clems Army!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 08:59:12 »

I knew for a few seasons now that I miss a few games but was relaxed as an ST saved me queueing and all that bollocks pre match and that was worth a couple of missed matches to me....now I can get tickets online and decided to go that route.

Power is here....fine by me. We have a club to support and not pissing money away wildly nilly....great.

I lost the buzz after the Wembley shambles and the 'not our day' post match shit rubbed salt in the wounds. Already got an ST then, otherwise I wouldn't of bothered.

I like the football but we cut our cloth SO fine that a couple of injuries and we are fucked. It's all Jekyll and Hyde.

I will still go to the majority of games, it's a lot about the whole day in the pub for me as much as the football.

Why not make all the season tickets £1000 and if you don't buy one you're a cunt who doesn't support the team and doesn't want promotion.
If we go on some storming cup run and I miss out on a home ticket.....that's my look out!

See you Saturday.

Fucking happy clapper
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 09:56:22 »

You won't spend money to watch Town because Power won't? what exactly do you intend to achieve by not buying a ST? Genuine question.

If he goes to "90% of matches" without buying an ST then ticket price alone suggests that he may well spend more money at the club, depending on the home:away ratio.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 10:23:56 »

If he goes to "90% of matches" without buying an ST then ticket price alone suggests that he may well spend more money at the club, depending on the home:away ratio.

Correct.

Clems Army!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 11:14:34 »

See you Saturday.

Fair play. I got the wrong impression from your post, that you were joining the "I won't be renewing while Power is still here" club. Should have known better!

I'm quite looking forward to Saturday. Nothing to play for but a lot to prove.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 11:14:59 »

Actually power himself owns the training ground not the club and also the new floodlights were a football league requirement.As for the maths the % quote came from power on the radio .As for being happy with championship football it would not be sustainable with our current budget ,income and business plan (our attendances alone would be an embarrassment )Still hopefully in time we will all see the bigger picture.Hopefully we will still be at least league 1 and average 7 k as we did at my first game in 1976.Now that's progress !!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 13:05:46 »

Actually power himself owns the training ground not the club and also the new floodlights were a football league requirement.As for the maths the % quote came from power on the radio .As for being happy with championship football it would not be sustainable with our current budget ,income and business plan (our attendances alone would be an embarrassment )Still hopefully in time we will all see the bigger picture.Hopefully we will still be at least league 1 and average 7 k as we did at my first game in 1976.Now that's progress !!!

The attendances aren't Powers fault. If the people of Swindon aren't prepared to support their football team there's not a lot anyone can do... and I don't blame people for not wanting to get involved when even fans of x amount of years (and boy when they're pissed off, they'll be sure to tell you just how many years they've been supporting the club as if its some sort of validation for their petulance) are willing to turn their back on their own club because they're not happy with how its being run (ie, we're not winning every game and spending millions and owners are having the audacity to sell players to ensure the clubs survival).
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 16:28:55 »

The attendances aren't Powers fault. If the people of Swindon aren't prepared to support their football team there's not a lot anyone can do... and I don't blame people for not wanting to get involved when even fans of x amount of years (and boy when they're pissed off, they'll be sure to tell you just how many years they've been supporting the club as if its some sort of validation for their petulance) are willing to turn their back on their own club because they're not happy with how its being run (ie, we're not winning every game and spending millions and owners are having the audacity to sell players to ensure the clubs survival).

Quite.
:albert brind emoji:

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Barry Scott

« Reply #312 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 17:21:21 »

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 21:20:53 »

It might be time in the summer to bring in some additional coaching experience. Williams and Embleton haven't got long league careers behind them and maybe they need an experienced coach or ex manager to steer them through the pitfalls of managing League 1 footballers.

I sense Williams is a football purist and maybe he needs someone alongside to say 'Luke what about doing this or I think X is taking the piss or Y needs dropping'. It worked quite well at Rovers with Paul Trollope and Lennie Lawrence.

Whether Power would want someone around like that I don't know. It's a shame it didn't work out with Lingy to have that balance. I guess we could wait for Tim Sherwood's stock to fall so much that he takes a League 1 job.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #314 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 22:05:06 »

Actually power himself owns the training ground not the club and also the new floodlights were a football league requirement.

Maybe we could have spent more on players or made tickets cheaper if Lee Power didn't invest in these things eh?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: