Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England  (Read 12594 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 13:50:38 »

Well it was good while it lasted

I presume we aren't going to get out of our group in the Euros now we've lost to a team that weren't even good enough to qualify Wink

The media have been harsh imo. We basically fielded a different team, it was an experiment, it didn't work. I don't believe the team we played last night will be the team that plays in the tournament - nor will the one at Germany. Friendlies are about learning where we're at, and I think we know more now than we did before, and I'm not despondent. For it to be called a "humbling" was a bit ridiculous. How can you be humbled 2-1? Especially when you concede an iffy penalty!

Last night just seemed less of a team performance to me (and the aforementioned Milner was shocking. I know it's controversial, but he's still a journeyman to me.) Walcott taking a ridiculous shot just in case he scored to make his place is a case in point. That was not the finished article of an England team. 

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 14:41:04 »

The media have been harsh imo. We basically fielded a different team, it was an experiment, it didn't work. I don't believe the team we played last night will be the team that plays in the tournament - nor will the one at Germany. Friendlies are about learning where we're at, and I think we know more now than we did before, and I'm not despondent. For it to be called a "humbling" was a bit ridiculous. How can you be humbled 2-1? Especially when you concede an iffy penalty!

Last night just seemed less of a team performance to me (and the aforementioned Milner was shocking. I know it's controversial, but he's still a journeyman to me.) Walcott taking a ridiculous shot just in case he scored to make his place is a case in point. That was not the finished article of an England team. 
Absolutely right. I would go as far as saying only one of those starting 11 last night will be in the starting line up for the euros.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 15:53:25 »

How can you be humbled 2-1? Especially when you concede an iffy penalty!

Are we just ignoring the blatant penalty that wasn't given to Holland?

FWIW the problem with last nights team was that there were too many players who seem loathe to pass as they want to do everything (Barkley Sturridge) certain without a football brain in their body (Walcott)  and John Stones who seems to believe his own hype(he is a decent defender but has a lot to learn and seems to get away with constantly fouling on reputation alone. Last evening was harking back to he previous teams of individuals whilst Saturday seemed to be a more cohesive unit?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 16:00:28 »

Are we just ignoring the blatant penalty that wasn't given to Holland?

I was actually because I didn't see it (insert French accent.) From what I've heard it was stonewall, but conceding penalties doesn't make you a shit team. A bit sloppy and too eager to impress though..?

FWIW the problem with last nights team was that there were too many players who seem loathe to pass as they want to do everything (Barkley Sturridge) certain without a football brain in their body (Walcott)  and John Stones who seems to believe his own hype(he is a decent defender but has a lot to learn and seems to get away with constantly fouling on reputation alone. Last evening was harking back to he previous teams of individuals whilst Saturday seemed to be a more cohesive unit?

Exactly what I meant. Germany was a great team performance, this was a team of individuals. That said, it's a friendly and you can hardly blame them for wanting to make their place. We'd be battering them if they didn't!

It might not have made for a very positive result, but at least people fighting for places is a change from the England attitude I've known for most of my supporting life - the "we're going to get picked anyway" oeuvre.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 19:24:44 »

The point I was trying to make is that we win a game an the media build us up as world beaters.

Lose one and we are a bunch of no hopers.

Reminds me of the fans of a league one team Wink
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 19:27:57 »

I was there last night and although I was 3/4 pissed, it was awful.

Sell out and quiet as a mouse.

Clems Army!
bleko89

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 20:33:49 »

yeah we lost but there was still a lot of positives to take out of last night, I do however think the spurs contingent + Vardy are integral to our forward , last night wasn't as crisp without the Saturday's midfield. Defence is okay I thought Rose did okay last night and imo there is not too much difference between Clyne and Walker however the centre of defence leaves a lot to be desired for.

Agree with the post above regarding the atmosphere , noticeably dead.   
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 21:45:19 »

I was there last night and although I was 3/4 pissed, it was awful.

Sell out and quiet as a mouse.

2 questions.

1.) how much were tickets, if it's not too rude a question?
2.) only 3/4? What's the matter with you man?

My impression is based on prejudice rather than fact, but I still reckon there'll never be an atmosphere with England at Wembley because of cost, posh wankers, the stadium itself not being built for it, AND THAT FUCKING BAND WHO NEED A TRUMPET UP THE ARSE. TWICE.

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 07:43:46 »

2 questions.

My impression is based on prejudice rather than fact, but I still reckon there'll never be an atmosphere with England at Wembley because of cost, posh wankers, the stadium itself not being built for it, AND THAT FUCKING BAND WHO NEED A TRUMPET UP THE ARSE. TWICE.

For the next one, they're £35 -£65.  Details at https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com//England-v-Portugal
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 08:20:35 »

For the next one, they're £35 -£65.  Details at https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com//England-v-Portugal
£20 in the family enclosure, £10 for kids
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 08:25:06 »

2 questions.

I think the next two games are away from Wembley so should be a better atmosphere (making Russ Abbott happy) proving how numbing Wembley actually is.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 08:28:19 »

2 questions.

Posh Wanker.

Company has Club Wembley Seats X 4 ...not available for Div one playoffs or JPT!!

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 09:09:40 »

2 questions.

I cant even bear to watch it on tv because of those tuneless morons.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 11:19:25 »

Posh Wanker.

Company has Club Wembley Seats X 4 ...not available for Div one playoffs or JPT!!

I'm sure I was Club Wembley for the JPT final. It was an amazing day out (apart from the football in the middle).

£35-65 is alright really.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 14:02:30 »

I cannot believe Wilshere is even being considered by Hodgson... baffling.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: