Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Wigan Match Day Thread  (Read 25223 times)
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, March 27, 2016, 16:24:20 »

as pointed out on twitter similarities with 4-1 home defeat by Wolves couple of years ago in which Darren Ward played his last ever game for us. Yes we made some defensive howlers but bottom line was they were stronger, better organised and better paid than us (as they no doubt were against pretty much everyone else in League 1 too) WE seemed to get over that mauling ok as we probably will this one - although if Obika and Vigs are still injured, Sendles White is away with Norn Ireland and Nathan T is suspended the cupboard is looking pretty bare for game v Scunny.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, March 27, 2016, 16:38:43 »

My driveway this morning. Rub it in why don't you?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, March 27, 2016, 18:12:09 »

as pointed out on twitter similarities with 4-1 home defeat by Wolves couple of years ago in which Darren Ward played his last ever game for us. Yes we made some defensive howlers but bottom line was they were stronger, better organised and better paid than us (as they no doubt were against pretty much everyone else in League 1 too) WE seemed to get over that mauling ok as we probably will this one - although if Obika and Vigs are still injured, Sendles White is away with Norn Ireland and Nathan T is suspended the cupboard is looking pretty bare for game v Scunny.

I'm still relaxed. The players and manager are responsible...

They put together a great run, playing some good football to boot.

50 points....another win and we are there. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

We got totally dicked on Friday, so I hope it doesn't hurt is too badly.

60 points wouldn't be too shabby or out of reach...snapped your arm off for that when we were shit for that.

Clems Army!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, March 27, 2016, 21:42:58 »

But it doesn't matter. It gives an opportunity for the youngsters. Blood them for next year. See who is ready and who isn't. Reg has been saying all year that it has all been about 50 points and avoiding relegation. Priorities for the rest of the season aren't to win all the games, but to give people opportunities to shine.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
deltaincline

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, March 27, 2016, 22:47:38 »

I didn't think the performance was that bad to honest.

Wigan are a good side and are a club still being bankrolled / getting parachute payments from the PL, so it's not surprising they have some decent players. In fact, they remind me of Dicanio's side, the rear guard doesn't get troubled too often due to plenty of aggression and bite in the middle, with quality goal scoring options up top.

Under the circumstances, I think we did OK but got undone by quality.

I'd normally be as optimistic as everyone else for next season as we do look safe now, which is a good achievement given the managerial turmoil we've suffered this season.

However, Power is obviously going flog Ajose and anyone else he can in the summer as he looks to recoup the 'couple of million' that the club allegedly owes him, which will bring us back to where we were at the beginning of this season; lightweight, untried, unproven players mixed with those remaining players that have done OK for us this season, which means Groundhog season all over again.

Not with my money though.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, March 27, 2016, 22:59:58 »

Wigan are a good side and are a club still being bankrolled / getting parachute payments from the PL, so it's not surprising they have some decent players. In fact, they remind me of Dicanio's side, the rear guard doesn't get troubled too often due to plenty of aggression and bite in the middle, with quality goal scoring options up top.

I'd normally be as optimistic as everyone else for next season as we do look safe now, which is a good achievement given the managerial turmoil we've suffered this season.

However, Power is obviously going flog Ajose and anyone else he can in the summer as he looks to recoup the 'couple of million' that the club allegedly owes him, which will bring us back to where we were at the beginning of this season; lightweight, untried, unproven players mixed with those remaining players that have done OK for us this season, which means Groundhog season all over again.

Oh fuck me here we go.
Power's going to flog Ajose as part of his nefarious plan is he? Can you think of an owner you'd approve of who WOULDN'T sell Ajose? He is an asset and we aren't a club that can piss about with the odd million here or there. If we get a decent offer, we will sell him. That's how it works without an oligarch.

It continues to astound me that people think that because Power will sell players he's some sort of villain. It's what we need to do. I can understand people quibbling about his media antagonism, or even his love of loans. But the fact we could lose a guy who is one of the top goal scorers in league one? How do you propose we keep him?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 00:00:29 »

The first half of the post was quite sensible, then obviously the meds failed and you went back to memorabilia in a box man. Tip Keep taking the mongadong..
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 02:47:04 »

The first half of the post was quite sensible, then obviously the meds failed and you went back to memorabilia in a box man. Tip Keep taking the mongadong..

The first half of the post was quite sensible.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: