Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City v Swindon Town match day Thread  (Read 21404 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 23:34:16 »

Even if you do say so yourself Grin

Definitely in the athletic sense of the word only! Smiley

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 07:22:30 »

Disappointed we didn't win but we shot when we should of passed and over elaborated when a strike was the best option.

Obikas great run right at the death was a an example...just wish he would of just smashed the thing...

Sky Blues weren't up to much but solid at the back.

Great save at the end ....that would of gone in at the start of the season.

50 points and virtually in the Reg zone... 60 points wouldn't be too shabby.

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 08:51:02 »

A few random observations...

On arriving at Car Park C and seeing the 9 Barnes and 5 Ellisons Coaches (instead of the more usual one of each) I felt like a 10 year old kid again, "Oooh mum, look at all the coaches, look, look, look!"... That gave me quite a buzz - I guess I'm easily pleased.

Stating the obvious but - Fantastic support, really fantastic. Would have been orgasmic if they'd managed to score in front of us but sadly was not to be.

As has been said, I was disappointed not to take all 3 points from a very winnable game. If we had not been so clueless in front of goal and had managed to exploit Barry having the freedom of Warwickshire on the right in the second half, no doubt we would have done.

Having said that, I would have been utterly sick had Coventry nicked it at the end. Thanks to a 'worldy' from Belford they didn't. I thought he was solid over all (didn't have loads to do I know). If Liverpool refuse to sell/want too much for Vigs in the summer, could we do worse than give him the no.1 shirt I wonder?

Sendles White is class - FACT!

I thought their number 14 looked pretty useful and from a distance was a dead ringer for David Speedie, especially in that retro 1987 FA Cup Final style kit. It was only when he was substituted (I don't bother with programmes any more) that I realised it was Joe Cole which was rather odd.

I actually quite like the Ricoh Arena itself but a stadium that's only ever a quarter or third full is always going to have an air of sadness about it.

Any way - An enjoyable day out, not dis-pleased with a point, just a shame we couldn't have made it all 3. It was a very solid, competent performance though and I feel pretty good about how things are going at the moment. I guess the fact that we can take 2,500 odd away from home when ensconced in mid table suggests I'm not the only one. Cool
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 09:55:23 »

We didn't realise it was Joe Cole until he was substituted either.  £18 for me and my 12 year old.  I doubt there's a cheaper away day?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 11:19:03 »

50 points and virtually in the Reg zone... 60 points wouldn't be too shabby.

The Wigan game is going to be interesting, we can play without any great pressure now, so the young lads should be able to express themselves a bit. The last 3 Sky games have been fairly horrendous, so hopefully no repeat.  Further, I'm hoping that Will Grigg, will be called up by the Ulstermen.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 14:21:25 »

The last 3 Sky games have been fairly horrendous, so hopefully no repeat.
The last 3 Sky games include a win and a draw against Sheffield Utd no?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 15:14:52 »

The last 3 Sky games include a win and a draw against Sheffield Utd no?

Yep I forgot those. The point still stands though, hopefully the pressure will be on Wigan, and our lads can play with freedom.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 16:36:10 »

Not a bad point but Coventry were there for the taking. Their defence was pretty solid but if we'd shown a little more cutting edge we would have won.

Some nice football though and can't argue with a clean sheet. Sendles-White was excellent and should hopefully keep Branco out of the team. Belford did very well in goal too, distribution was good and he went long when had had to. Good save at the end too (only one I think he had to make) to prevent what would have been a cruel defeat.

Great support as has been mentioned, shame we can't do it more often. Bumped into the team before the game in the Novotel, had a little chat with Ross who came across very well, Luke Williams also had a quick chat with us.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 21:11:40 »

Final away support total was?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 21:57:44 »

They're giving the final figure of 2442 which was the total number of tickets sold in advance but I'm sure people were paying on the day. It would have made no sense for Coventry not to allow that to happen.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 22:32:32 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 22:50:04 »

They're giving the final figure of 2442 which was the total number of tickets sold in advance but I'm sure people were paying on the day. It would have made no sense for Coventry not to allow that to happen.

They were. We spoke to some of the stewards and they were definitely selling tickets on the day as the 'away cash turnstile was open'.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 23:15:14 »

The old tax dodges are still the best.
Chrystovski

« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 08:33:42 »

Good away day, atmosphere was superb, game a bit dull.

I thought Coventry were there for the taking but we lacked a cutting edge, play too slow in the final third and too many misplaced passes.

Defence was superb, all three of our CB's were in top form. Turnbull shades it for my MOTM.

Belford made a superb stop in injury time but otherwise he wasn't troubled.

Doughty was a frustration, he clearly has talent but he's a lazy f****r who doesn't like a challenge.

I was disappointed that Williams didn't just throw caution to the wind and chuck on another striker with 10-15 to go.
We had nothing to lose and a win would of kept our slim playoff chances alive.

Well done to the trust and all involved to make the day what it was, it won't be remembered for what happened on the pitch but off of it.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 09:07:50 »

Good points Chrys, unfortunately the only forward we had to chuck on was Hylton!
Maybe Williams made the right decision.
Still a good day out though.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 09:22:36 »

Oh forgot to mention, Stephens came over and clapped the Town fans before and after the game and got a very good reception which was nice to see as with some of our fans, ex player = must boo. He played very well for Coventry too I thought, would love to see him back here permanently.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: