Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City v Swindon Town match day Thread  (Read 21387 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 17:36:43 »

Should have won that. Will be interested in the possession stats, because apart from a few little spells,  it felt like we completely dominated.  The first real save Belford made was in the last minute of stoppage time, which saved a point.

To be fair their keeper didn't have to make any really difficult saves, but he was far busier than Belford.  Both Ajose and Obika were guilty of being greedy when they should have passed and others seemed to lose their shooting boots when in the final third. Midfield didn't link up as well with the midfield today, which was a shame.  Coventry didn't offer much and were there for the taking.

Turnbull was my MOM.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 17:47:56 »

Is this the quietest match day thread ever?
I guess the vast majority are in attendance.

Didn't listen as I was out but 0-0 is a very decent result.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 17:50:59 »

Hope the boys got a good reception at the end. Done tremendously the past few months. Excited for next season.

Did Stephens come over to our fans?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 18:21:39 »

Good result, and well done Belford. Made a couple on here look silly.

Aye.

Im looking at you matchworn shirts and PB
REDBUCK

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 18:25:20 »

oh dear, Belford is shite

Stick to flogging shirts
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 18:26:13 »

Interest/activity in the Matchday thread is generally inversely proportional to the number of people at the game.  We should know this by now.

Great football day out.  We didn't get our Andy Mutch Coventry moment this time around, but it was a decent enough away day.

That said, I've never set foot in a ground before less suited to the club who plays there.  If I was a Cov fan, I'd hate it.  The County Ground is half the size, but I'd take it every time.
Im Reddy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 18:44:42 »

Was listening to the post match phone in on bbc cov and the fans were praising Swindon fans turnout and said it was the best atmosphere at the Ricoh all season
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 18:45:34 »

I guess the vast majority are in attendance.

Didn't listen as I was out but 0-0 is a very decent result.

That's what I thought. Well done to everyone who went.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 18:47:46 »

Interest/activity in the Matchday thread is generally inversely proportional to the number of people at the game.  We should know this by now.

Great football day out.  We didn't get our Andy Mutch Coventry moment this time around, but it was a decent enough away day.

That said, I've never set foot in a ground before less suited to the club who plays there.  If I was a Cov fan, I'd hate it.  The County Ground is half the size, but I'd take it every time.
I think they do - I only met a handful of Coventry fans when I lived up there but they all hated the Ricoh... I expect they're kind of glad to be back there instead of Sixfields though.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:13:29 »

On their forum, they said "The pace is their 20 is something else"

With the risk of being called a part timer, who is our 20 ?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:15:51 »

Obika
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:41:07 »

dominated the ball, didn't create very much. we were disappointing in the final third - didn't test their keeper enough.
would be annoyed as a Coventry fan - a team aspiring for play offs who seemed pretty happy to draw 0-0 with 14th in the league.

3 centre backs were terrific today, Belford made a great save at the end. obika had a strong game, maybe could have done better in front of goal.

we're still only 8 off play offs with a game in hand, but I feel like it's probably a step too far now.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:53:57 »

Hope the boys got a good reception at the end. Done tremendously the past few months. Excited for next season.

Team got a great reception, stephens came over after and also got a good reception
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 19:56:30 »

Yes, he did.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, March 19, 2016, 20:01:37 »

Enjoyed that, nip and tuck 0-0, we were in the ascendancy for long periods, created quite a few openings but didn't do quite enough infront of goal. Cov also had chances to win it so draw felt fair. Beeks our MoM for me, came deep loads looking for the ball, a lot of our forward momentum was the product of his work. Deserved a goal to cap it off but not to be. Re Belford, not seen him before, doesn't look the biggest, dealt with most if not all of what came his way, looked OK with his feet or at least cleared his lines, chose to punch clear and that worked ok. The save at the end was a great effort and credit due. Interestingly (well for me anyway), Belford was born in Nuneaton, which is pretty much where we had to go to watch the town today given the distance from the city centre, 2.5k of us making a right racket whilst their 10k rattled around in a ground 40% full. Good day out and looking forward to the next trip.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: