Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams  (Read 42235 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 11:16:42 »

Really don't get the clamour over Sherwood in a managerial role.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 11:20:17 »

Really don't get the clamour over Sherwood in a managerial role.

It's even better because Sherwood is the reason we have this model. He advised Power that there was a gap in the market for young Academy players to be developed and sold on. I'm paraphrasing but there is an early Power interview in which he said so.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 11:25:46 »

It's even better because Sherwood is the reason we have this model. He advised Power that there was a gap in the market for young Academy players to be developed and sold on. I'm paraphrasing but there is an early Power interview in which he said so.

In the case of Byrne and Luongo, he was right. I've said before that currently the model must be failing in Power's eyes, not becasue we're shit and on for another relegation struggle, but we've nobody worth selling on.
Panda Paws

« Reply #198 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:01:17 »

I know it won't happen, but Steve Evans is the sort of thing we could do with.

Yep, we're crying out for a universally despised, convicted criminal known for only getting success on a big budget and falling out with everyone along the way.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:25:34 »

PdC is at a loose end atm  Smiley

I know it won't happen, but Steve Evans is the sort of thing we could do with. Turned down Oldham in the summer when Sheridan left, and as far as I know has nothing since.

I love the way you have entirely accurately referred to Steve Evans as a 'thing'  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:13:14 »

Yep, we're crying out for a universally despised, convicted criminal known for only getting success on a big budget and falling out with everyone along the way.
Not just a big budget, there's the cheating and fraud too, don't forget, integral parts of his "success"
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:17:27 by pauld » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:16:49 »

In the case of Byrne and Luongo, he was right. I've said before that currently the model must be failing in Power's eyes, not becasue we're shit and on for another relegation struggle, but we've nobody worth selling on.
Ironically the one player worth selling has probably been shown by our defensive limitations.......Vigs. I'd say he's comfortably the best keeper in this league now.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #202 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 14:13:20 »

By playing four at the back and thus changing the system?

Power picks the tactics though. He just decided it would be a laugh to give something else a bash when Ling joined and revert back when he left.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: