Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams  (Read 42814 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:27:47 »

Sherwood lurking in the wings wont make Williams confident.

Can't see that happening.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:38:23 »

Ditch the 3/5 at the back and we'll improve massively...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:56:54 »

One assumes that our "way of playing" comes from above Williams.
We have no spare budget for new players.
It leads to the question, what's the point of replacing him if the new man is so restricted.

I suppose you could argue that Ling had a positive effect in the same circumstances, which is fair enough.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:57:21 »

There's a reason Williams didn't want the job the couple of times he was offered it after Cooper.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:03:09 »

Bit knee jerk to think about shifting now... but we need something to sort out the mentality issues we have. Poor discipline and they're caving to pressure too easily.

We've got some good players who could and should be doing better. Id give Williams a bit more time and even if we were to get someone in I would keep Williams as a coach.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:06:26 »

Time for Mr Power to go. Enough is enough were going backwards
Right not necessarily just aimed at you but these statements fucking do my head in. If Power goes who the fuck runs the club?!

Our history of interested parties/owners includes Ricky Hunt, Terry Brady, Danny Donegan, Diamandis, Jim Little, Jed etc. Where exactly are these miraculous new owners going to come from, we have zero assets and a shit load of baggage when it comes to our finandial history. And don't say something like the Trust as we'd be in exactly the same position of breaking even but minus Powers contacts and probably a load of fans arguing with each other.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:08:15 »

Power chooses the style of play.
Power signs all the players.
The buck stops with Power. His decision making is currently looking very poor.
Never mind the off-field PR and ticketing fiascos.
He still has to be held to account, no matter how bad the past has been at times.
Flashheart

« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:09:38 »

I think it's fair to say that I am among the least knee-jerky among us here and I bumped this thread.

A stat that Reg bought up the other day got me thinking... 4 wins in 19/20?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:15:12 »

A stat that Reg bought up the other day got me thinking 4 wins in 19/20?

I think its fair to say I'm a glass half empty kind of guy, and that was far worse than I thought!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:18:20 »

Hard to pin too much of the blame on Williams here. Starting to get really fucked off with Power now. His methods are not working. For the first time in a long time I have very little desire to go to games and my interest in STFC is dwindling rapidly. Fucking bullshit tonight. The worst part of it was that I wasn't even angry at the end which is a reflection of the lost interest.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:51:45 »

Any scout for other clubs watching tonight is just going to say "play 3 up front and you'll rip them to pieces" so unless Williams does change our style we are in a lot of trouble tactically as we've been well and truly found out. We can't play a back 3 with Branco and Thompson in it, one is a liability full stop and the other is a liability as he's playing out of position.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 23:07:24 »

I said tonight was a big game for Luke....Power now has a decision to make, if he's serious about his prospects of making some money from player development, then he needs a new man. By all means restore Luke to his former role, if he's happy with that...I'm assuming the terms of the 5 year contract allow for this.
Panda Paws

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 08:06:55 »

Genuine question to everyone saying Power should go.... What happens next?
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 08:22:09 »

Not go... But be prepared to adapt the playing system.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 08:34:01 »

Wow knees are jerking here - I am amazed Power wants to stay at our little club - poorly supported even when we do moderately well - expectations have always been over stated by our fans and to be honest Power whether you like him or not is the best option unless some lunatic thinks buying the club makes sense. Williams will hopefully be given a bit of time to sort this lot out - we so nearly hung on but in typical Swindon style blew it - Rovers were much better and yet we almost had the game - at this level we should be use to this sort of standard - early days get behind the team when it is needed the most and stop whinging on constantly.

Bathtime
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: