Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams  (Read 42714 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #180 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 09:15:07 »

People saying a new manager wouldn't make a difference? Ling turned us from fodder to promotion form almost instantly.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 09:16:25 »

People saying a new manager wouldn't make a difference? Ling turned us from fodder to promotion form almost instantly.

By playing four at the back and thus changing the system?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 09:20:07 »

Think we're all in agreement that 3-5-2 has to go
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 09:25:33 »

Is JSW not in the squad then?  Hmmm

So in a roundabout convoluted way are you saying after a run of three defeats WILLIAMS OUT - I think we have our first panic button pressed?

"Full squad as stands for the season"  clearly JSW doesn't stand atm, let alone run.

No I'm saying on the back of 4 wins in 20, including the now 3 defeats in a row, there's no discernible evidence of progress, in fact the opposite we're getting worse.

I normally try and back a manager, and have nothing personal against Luke, but think it would be best all round including for him, if he went back to his coaching role.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 09:28:09 »

He always seemed reluctant to accept the position in the first place - doesn't seem to like being the front man for the playing side of the club.

He does tend to come out with some mindless drivel in his post match interviews. Don't know what sort of ego he has if he was asked to revert to being coach with a manager back in charge.

Attracting the likes of Lluongo, Byrne, Pritchard, Mason and even Swift seems an age ago now. We carry very little threat nowadays and this lets opponents almost disregard us as an attacking force and they just have to go for it and we crumble meekly.

It's not much fun watching us recently.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 09:40:53 »

By playing four at the back and thus changing the system?

We had been playing 4-4-2 under Cooper, and then Power himself for a couple of games.....this mainly out of neccessity with Nathan injured.

When Lingy came in he went 3 at the back, remember he's a disciple of St Glenn, but he could pair Obika and Ajose. We shipped 5 at Fleetwood, so went 4 at the back for the next away game at Chesterfield and won 4-0.....we did have Louis and Ben Gladwin running midfield mind
lambourn red

« Reply #186 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:05:58 »

It is the system if you don't have the players with the ability to play it!

100% , the standard of players we have at the moment is just not good enough to play the system that Power is trying to implement. In my opinion we have downgraded our options in nearly every area since Power took over it is all very depressing but a harsh reality of what happens when you start to become self sufficient unfortunately the old adage "you get what you pay for" has never been truer in football and the gap is getting bigger every season.

Lee got very lucky while Sherwood was at Spurs but without any mates in the business to do him favours he has run out of ideas.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:19:32 »

100% , the standard of players we have at the moment is just not good enough to play the system that Power is trying to implement. In my opinion we have downgraded our options in nearly every area since Power took over it is all very depressing but a harsh reality of what happens when you start to become self sufficient unfortunately the old adage "you get what you pay for" has never been truer in football and the gap is getting bigger every season.

Lee got very lucky while Sherwood was at Spurs but without any mates in the business to do him favours he has run out of ideas.

What's Sherwood doing these days, I imagine just living off the payoff from Spurs and then Villa, he would be the obvious candidate to come in even as a DoF or something? (Actually edit that he was only sacked by Villa on the 25th October last year - seems years ago, so may have been prevented working by some manner of clause in his payoff?)
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:21:20 by horlock07 » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:24:30 »

What's Sherwood doing these days, I imagine just living off the payoff from Spurs and then Villa, he would be the obvious candidate to come in even as a DoF or something? (Actually edit that he was only sacked by Villa on the 25th October last year - seems years ago, so may have been prevented working by some manner of clause in his payoff?)

Yes 12 months
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:27:37 »

Yes 12 months

Is that actually fact (or should that be FACT Wink) or just a rumour, would explain why Power hasn't tapped him up as yet even just in an advisory role.
Flashheart

« Reply #190 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:27:56 »

Sherwood would be far too expensive. I expect he'd rather wait around scratching his nuts until the right offer comes in.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:31:39 »

Sherwood would be far too expensive. I expect he'd rather wait around scratching his nuts until the right offer comes in.

Depends what the offer is really, 'Tim mate, best buddy, here's 20% of the club for you to come in and be DoF, we can do something special here together resurrect your managerial career and make a few quid (asset stripping  Wink)'
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:37:44 »

Did you hear him when he was at Spurs/Villa?

He genuinely believes he is the best manager around, massive ego.  He wouldn't come here as he waiting for the Real Madrid
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:45:14 »

Did you hear him when he was at Spurs/Villa?

He genuinely believes he is the best manager around, massive ego.  He wouldn't come here as he waiting for the Real Madrid

Yeah but we play like Barcelona  Wink. I suspect he will re-emerge at a failing 'big' club... Stoke may come up shortly!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:49:28 »

PdC is at a loose end atm  Smiley

I know it won't happen, but Steve Evans is the sort of thing we could do with. Turned down Oldham in the summer when Sheridan left, and as far as I know has nothing since.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: