Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams  (Read 42782 times)
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:31:47 »

James not a fan of power or his current running of the club. He and Jez are good friends and have business dealings already
Perhaps almost like a trust ownership . .  . . .
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:35:23 »

I think Phipps would come in under the trust rather than as a private individual wouldn't he. He's certainly talked of fan ownership in the long term..
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:40:02 »

Surely the Trust cannot afford to buy the club off Power though?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:40:45 »

Would Power be willing to sell now? I don't think he would unless someone comes in with silly money which with no offence to these individuals would they be able to stump up the amount?

I think Power will hold out for something like £10m+ if he did sell and there is also the "sell on" fee to be paid to Black when Power does eventually sell up, which was £7m or £10m (depending on sources) which was deferred when Jed/Power took over to be paid when Power/Jed sell the club. The details on this were a bit sketchy at the time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:45:00 »

I think Phipps would come in under the trust rather than as a private individual wouldn't he. He's certainly talked of fan ownership in the long term..

Possibly for tax reasons and with Jez on board to ensure the trust have the financial backing with the two of them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:46:28 »

I don't see Lee Power leaving Swindon any time soon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:46:36 »

I'm sure Power would sell for the right sort of money....which is hard to see being there atm, but who knows... what attracted a Jordanian billionaire banker to Rovers?

A good thing relative to past years, is that the Trust does seem to have some bright people involved, and there isn't something like the CVA hanging over the club, as was the case in the Diamond Mike era, so if Power does get out, the Trust could probably get in.

However, I don't think it has yet come to orange time for Power, whereby he is persuaded to sell up by fan protest.

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:48:45 »

I don't see Lee Power leaving Swindon any time soon.

Which means a change of manager would be a complete waste of time.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:51:57 »

Which means a change of manager would be a complete waste of time.

...unless there's a rethink of philosophy. Which I doubt will happen either.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:55:43 »

I'm sure Power would sell for the right sort of money....which is hard to see being there atm, but who knows... what attracted a Jordanian billionaire banker to Rovers?
Thats an easy one....."Property development"......the sale of the Memorial Ground with the possibility of investment in the new ground.

Their owner has showed he is not there to invest in the team, he is there for the planning knock ons from selling the ground and moving to the UWE stadium.

Something of a lure that we do not have with our lovely council owning the CG.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:56:40 »

Am I the only one that thinking Power isn't THAT bad? Certainly not the villain he's made out to be (Swindon fans melodramatic, who knew)

He's the only owner I can think of in recent times that hasn't a) got us relegated (yet!) or b) nearly bankrupt us. Also the only one I can think of that has run us sustainably and produced a sensible model (its too early to judge this season despite knee jerks).

The only thing he has really struggled at is engaging with the local community... and he's pissed a lot of fans of. But then that's not exactly hard!

I think a fan run club would be a disaster. Imagine if our fans had their way! We'd have used up all our subs by half time and our game plan would be FORWARRDDDDDDDD.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:57:46 »

Surely the Trust cannot afford to buy the club off Power though?

I didn't mean to suggest he would sell, or that the Trust were definitely looking to take it on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:04:28 »

Am I the only one that thinking Power isn't THAT bad? Certainly not the villain he's made out to be (Swindon fans melodramatic, who knew)

I have no opinion on whether he is that bad or not. Impossible to know if he's trying to fleece the club of revenue streams, or is doing the very best he can whilst trying to keep us competitive and sustainable at the same time.

The former won't be known until its after the fact.

The latter is something very hard to pull off, and is commendable in theory. But a very difficult hard sell to the fans - "look we've balanced the books and scraped survival" - nobody is going to rejoice too much even if that is actually a minor miracle.

--

I do however have no sympathy for the (reasonable) type of criticism he gets from running a closed 'my way or the highway' type shop. I'm not talking about unsubstantiated rumours type criticism, that's too much.

I also don't see how we go forward as a club. We seem further from the Championship now than we've ever seemed. Just hoping it all clicks and a look like a (bigger) dick come May.
Flashheart

« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:06:12 »

Am I the only one that thinking Power isn't THAT bad?

No, you're not, and to be frank a lot of out fans are fucking idiots. OK, so he's bad at PR but if that's the only fault of his that is demonstrable then he's not doing a bad job.

It's been what, 3 years now? Something like that. Yet still nobody has offered anything of substance to show that he is whatever it is he is accused of being. Nothing, just some credulous fuck-wits on the interweb agreeing that others are correct for no other reasons than they agree with them.

He had the option of charging ST holders for last night's match. He chose not to, yet still he is accused of being greedy! The poor cunt just cannot win. There was a time that I would day-dream about winning gazillions and buying the club. Not any more, seems more of a nightmare.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:07:34 »

He's the only owner I can think of in recent times that hasn't a) got us relegated (yet!) or b) nearly bankrupt us. Also the only one I can think of that has run us sustainably and produced a sensible model (its too early to judge this season despite knee jerks).

The only thing he has really struggled at is engaging with the local community... and he's pissed a lot of fans of. But then that's not exactly hard!

Which is why I said it isn't yet time for orange hats. Power does have some credit in the bank (perhaps not the best metaphor), however his model now seems to have run its course.  So logic dictates, he either changes course namely get in a proper manager, or sells up.

This current management set up will get us back to Div 4.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: