Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust AGM  (Read 17610 times)
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 3, 2016, 23:13:11 »

Evening all,
The Trust AGM took place tonight and, for those who are interested, there's a summary of our activities during the year and intentions for the coming year and beyond on our website. Here's the link: http://www.truststfc.com/agm-summary/
Sam
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 3, 2016, 23:39:59 »

Thanks for the live tweets Sam. Saw the first hour then went off to build elliptical trainer. Will look again + catch up tomorrow!
Talk Talk

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 3, 2016, 23:51:45 »

Saw the first hour then went off to build elliptical trainer.

I remember them. Lessons at college. Something to do with Cartesian co-ordinates wasn't it?

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 07:36:11 »

Thanks for this. The Trust is a real shot in the arm for the club. Such a shame that Power, typically, can't grasp the bleeding obvious benefit of engaging with it. These comments were dispiriting:

we have not been able to meet [with the club] as often as we would have liked and we have also been unable to meet with Lee Power this year.

we do not have the backing of the club on this part of the project. We were contacted via email to express  disappointment in our toilet planning application as “the bank isn’t used 85 per cent of the season, and when it is used, it is for away supporters”.
Yeah, fuck them away fans. And while you're at it, fuck all those kids you kept dragging in last year. Glad we put a stop to that malarkey. And in particular, fuck meeting up or even lifting a phone to discuss our issues when we can just fire off a quick email.

James Phipps: We can do a ticket push to go to Coventry easier than we can to do one in our own ground.
From the CEO of Excalibur, major STFC sponsor and i/c developing local business relations with the Trust. Whyever would Lee want to engage with him?

Fuck me we're lucky to have a few committed individuals prepared to wade through treacle to try and do something for the club in the community.

Rant over.  Bad Mood

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 07:40:24 »

Well done, all.  Amazing commitment from everyone involved by the sounds of it.

Is there a quick way to check when your Trust membership is due for renewal?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 07:54:17 »

Yes cross PWP's sweaty palm with beer. Or just ask him.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 07:56:52 »

Or just set up a monthly direct debit to the Red Army Fund and never worry about it again.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 09:06:25 »

The club attitude to the trust seems very odd, in its current incarnation it's a malign force for good and fills a lot of the community role that the clubs should (no idea what FITC is like now as I'm not local any more, but I can't imagine it has much high level support)

Could it be the legacy of the trust taking an active role in trying to take over the club and Power fearing that kind of scenario, or is it just his general dislike of having too many stakeholders in the club to try to satisfy?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 09:42:03 »

Can I ask a question.This isn't a pop I promise but something that has crossed my mind.

Am I right in thinkl Power doesn't really like you much Sam,if this is the case is this likely to put the trusts relationship with the club at risk a bit
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 10:00:31 »

Can I ask a question.This isn't a pop I promise but something that has crossed my mind.

Am I right in thinkl Power doesn't really like you much Sam,if this is the case is this likely to put the trusts relationship with the club at risk a bit

If it does it just shows how childish Lee Power is and that he really doesn't give a toss about the future of STFC.
The Trust can only be a good thing for the club.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 10:20:27 »

I think Power's attitude pre-dates Sam's involvement. It doesn't sound like there's a relationship to put at risk
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 10:44:48 »

The club attitude to the trust seems very odd, in its current incarnation it's a malign force for good and fills a lot of the community role that the clubs should (no idea what FITC is like now as I'm not local any more, but I can't imagine it has much high level support)

Could it be the legacy of the trust taking an active role in trying to take over the club and Power fearing that kind of scenario, or is it just his general dislike of having too many stakeholders in the club to try to satisfy?

Two points:

1 Power's Keep Off attitude to other people's involvement might start to be understandable if he was very good at covering all their roles himself. As a "football man" though, his strategy seems to be limited to: Get things right on the pitch and the rest will follow. Which is fine as far as it goes, but is a pretty limited view of how to run a business.

2 What's your definition of "malign"?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 10:52:43 »

I think I mean benign, rather than malign. I'm certainly not accusing the Trust of being up to no good.

As for your first point, I agree entirely, but he's also a stubborn one so I'd be very impressed if the Trust can do much about his paranoias and preferences.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 10:54:50 »

Similar question and again not a pop but why apply for planning permission for a toilet block when the lessee of the ground doesn't support it and thus is unlikely to give their consent for it to be built?

I think the Trust is a great thing, however I remain a little confused why we need the Trust and the Supporters Club where there seems to be ever greater cross over between the two, would the obvious enthusiasm of all be better served by pooling resources?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 4, 2016, 11:10:30 »

Similar question and again not a pop but why apply for planning permission for a toilet block when the lessee of the ground doesn't support it and thus is unlikely to give their consent for it to be built?

I think the Trust is a great thing, however I remain a little confused why we need the Trust and the Supporters Club where there seems to be ever greater cross over between the two, would the obvious enthusiasm of all be better served by pooling resources?

I agree that this looks problematic. Perhaps the lessee's wishes don't matter if the owner supports the application?

My understanding is that the SC and the Trust have very different roles and objectives, and there's plenty of space for both.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: