Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon Match Day Thread  (Read 26264 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 20:45:56 »

Did you go? If so, how did Llandolo do? I barely heard his name on the radio.
Played a nice 1-2 with Turnbull for the 2nd goal from the highlights.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 21:01:45 »

Whats the craic with Kevin Watson as co commentator/pundit on BBC Swindoncestershire today ?

I'm not sure what the question is? Why wouldn't he be invited like most ex players?
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 21:10:44 »

Whats the craic with Kevin Watson as co commentator/pundit on BBC Swindoncestershire today ?
Perfect choice,played for both sides
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 21:19:33 »

I'm not sure what the question is? Why wouldn't he be invited like most ex players?
Nothing sinister ,thought he worked for Sky.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 21:30:33 »

Sky highlights are up

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10166502/colchester-1-4-swindon

Some cracking saves near the end from Vigs

Nice run from Brophy just after their goal. And beautiful finishing from Doughty.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 21:53:04 »

We score 4 or we score fuck all

Scoring 4 or more  5 times in a season, is reasonably rare.....I remember the 66/67 season as being a bit similar, then we did it 8 times, but had a couple of terrible runs where we lost 5 in a row and couldn't buy a goal.

PdC's Div 3 part season was 7, and even 85/86 was only 6, in fact we never scored 5 in a game under Macari.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 22:49:00 »

I think the score line flattered us today to be honest. Vigs had to pull off a couple of good saves and Nathan's mistake nearly cost us. Colchester were poor at finishing and lacking confidence but actually looked more dangerous around the box than we did for large parts of the game. Their final ball was lacking though. Great 1st goal from Doughty. I thought Brophy and Iandolo did well. For those who said Iandolo didn't do anything, I would disagree, I thought he looked tidy in the ball with good vision. Rodgers was guff once again - he reminds me of a very poor Joe Allen. I think the only time he played the ball forwards he tried a 50 yard cross field ball that went out for a goal kick or a throw in. Drissa did much better when he came on. Barry and Branco were okay but probably would have been shown up against better teams.

Barry tried some stupid skill on the halfway line when we were winning and ended up giving the ball away and Colchester broke. That kind of sloppiness will be punished by most teams in the league. When we were 3-0 up we looked quite comfortable and were good value for a win overall but that margin probably didn't reflect the game fairly. Had a good chat with Obika's brother who was there in the crowd watching him and also saw Lee Power driving out of the ground in a black range rover.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 23:23:55 »

Had a good chat with Obika's brother who was there in the crowd watching him and also saw Lee Power driving out of the ground in a black range rover.
When a young, stylish 20 something black guy walked past us, he was so far removed from your stereotypical Town fan, I said to Mrs Taylor (just as a throw away comment) that it was probably Jon Obika's brother. Turns out, I was right.

I rule.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 23:36:51 »

When a young, stylish 20 something black guy walked past us, he was so far removed from your stereotypical Town fan, I said to Mrs Taylor (just as a throw away comment) that it was probably Jon Obika's brother. Turns out, I was right.

I rule.

Oh. It wasn't Reg?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 23:51:34 »

Oh. It wasn't Reg?
Well now you mention it, maybe I was being a tad presumptuous. I'd always assumed Reg to be a white, left wing leaning, unattached male of a certain (slightly advanced) age. Perhaps I was wrong all along  Hmmm
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 00:01:48 »

Well now you mention it, maybe I was being a tad presumptuous. I'd always assumed Reg to be a white, left wing leaning, unattached male of a certain (slightly advanced) age. Perhaps I was wrong all along  Hmmm

Cheesy
I can't imagine ever having that idea of our dear Reginald Smiley

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 00:04:31 »

I rule.

Out of interest, what do you class as a stereotypical town fan?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Talk Talk

« Reply #132 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 00:06:43 »

Out of interest, what do you class as a stereotypical town fan?

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 00:08:48 »

That looks like a big black guy to me.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 00:52:55 »

Oh. It wasn't Reg?
don't be daft, that was dexito
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up