Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your First Away Game  (Read 40798 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 23:28:15 »

Sorry to derail the thread but you're from the Rhondda right Freddy? Do you still go to games? Wondering if I might have seen you at some point on my travels  Smiley
Yeah, from the Rhondda. Still go to games, ST holder in the DRS since 96/97.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 23:30:06 »

That forest Jan 78 game.Big town following I thought until we got there .Loads of forest up for it and we were in side terrace where their lot were waiting .( either side of us )No stewards or old bill about so just a normal 70 s Saturday

Pretty much sums it up.  We parked up in the old livestock market next to Meadow Lane and had to walk past the back of the Trent End to that side terrace - scary shit at 16yrs old.  I think the trouble in the services was also because Millwall were away at Derby that day and we all arrived at the same time
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 00:07:35 »

Yeah, from the Rhondda. Still go to games, ST holder in the DRS since 96/97.

We must have crossed paths at some point. Skinny short-ish brunette here (not supposed to sound like a dating profile) who takes the Swansea - Paddington every week when we're at home. Not since 96 though! Chwarae teg to you! Cheesy

Newport County away, Boxing Day 1980ish.  Won 2-0, even with Andy Rowland in goal for most of the game.  I'd have been 11 so a good 7 years after my home debut.

We went in a 'lively' pub before the game, and as per some comments above, then went and stood in the home bit on the side as it was um, safer that way.

Swindon played all in blue, and when we got home the cat had done a poo behind the telly.  Then I played with my new Atari (?) for a bit.  Think we had a home game the next day too, proper Christmas.

This is my favourite post ever

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Talk Talk

« Reply #33 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 00:12:34 »

Skinny short-ish brunette here

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear

Insane
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 00:21:02 »

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear

Insane

What's wrong with that?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 00:31:23 »

He's jealous you never told him that...
Talk Talk

« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 00:33:14 »

What's wrong with that?

I've got this thing for petite slim women...
Amir

« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 04:08:32 »

Bristol City
3-2 loss.
1 year
The look on my mum's face when my mate's dad told her about going there in '87 before we set off. The near silence of their lot even when winning. Thinking how loud we were(although that now demolished stand had great acoustics). Thinking their fans obviously don't understand self-deprication as they applauded when we sang, 'we're shit, and we're going down'.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 12, 2016, 07:33:40 by Amir » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 09:02:30 »

The Man City cup game in the 90's at Maine Road.

Went with a few guys from Scotland (I lived in Edinburgh at the time) and we hung about after the game for a few beers. Vaguely remember taxis not wanting to come into Moss Side to take us to wherever we were staying. Pretty sure our eventual taxi broke down (but that could have been some odd dream as my memory is ropey at best!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 09:06:50 »

I believe it was a rather insignificant game in our history.  A 5-0 defeat at Newcastle Utd in 1988 a good 6 years after my first home game at the age of 12.  On the plus side we went on some club organised coach/hospitality thing where you got taken to a restaurant pre game.

Ouch.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 10:03:15 »

This was mine, Aldershot away Dec 82, 3 years after my first home game.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19830120

The tradition of going to football on Boxing Day with my Dad, Uncle & cousin had started a year or 2 before, and this was the first one to be an away game. I was 10, my cousin was 12, so we got there fairly early to find a decent place to stand where we would be able to see. Moved from directly behind the goal as the sun was setting right in our eyes. Some time during the first half, it all kicked off behind the goal right where we had been stood, and when it started to move around to where we were now standing we jumped over the advertising hoardings and stood right by the side of the pitch, although to be honest for a 10 year old lad, the fighting was more interesting than a 4th division relegation scrap ! I did however get to sit in the dugout at half time for a Bovril & a Drifter.
Panda Paws

« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 10:30:59 »

Who was your first away game against?

Bristol rovers at Twerton Park, August 92 - http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19930102

What was the score?

We won 4-3, but I didn't remember that before checking.

When was it?

Ausgust 92

How long was it after your first home game?

Four days

How old were you?

I was 5-and-a-half

What do you remember about the day?

Honestly, very little. I remember the atmosphere being pretty scary and generally being completely overawed by everything, and that's about it.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 10:33:01 »

We must have crossed paths at some point. Skinny short-ish brunette here (not supposed to sound like a dating profile) who takes the Swansea - Paddington every week when we're at home. Not since 96 though! Chwarae teg to you! Cheesy

This is my favourite post ever
I would imagine so. We drive to games but I've got the Cardiff-Paddington many times over the years so will at least recognise u!! We're going to have to leave it at that though I'm afraid, I don't want to trample all over Talk Talk's territory Embarrassed

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 10:56:19 »

Arsenal

What was the score?
1-1

When was it?
League Cup QF Dec 1979

7 years

How old were you?

Went up with mate on train and tube after school. As it was our first away game and we were more used to 8000 than 38000 we wildly underestimated time it would take to get there, get in etc etc consequently couldn't get in Swindon end so had to go in with home fans, meaning we were not able to celebrate Billy Tucker equaliser as much as would have liked. Stayed with auntie after game then back on train for school next morning. No way 16 year old could afford train fare never mind Arsenal ticket these days!

Next away game was Wolves Semi Final on supporters coach and that was definitely a very depressed journey home........

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 12:02:25 »

Six questions:
Bristol City
What was the score?
Won 2-1
When was it?
About 6 months
How old were you?
Henderson scoring 2, not being able to see properly but still going mad anyway
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: