Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your First Away Game  (Read 40777 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 21:52:52 »

Sorry to derail the thread but you're from the Rhondda right Freddy? Do you still go to games? Wondering if I might have seen you at some point on my travels  Smiley

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:11:17 »

Sorry to derail the thread but you're from the Rhondda right Freddy? Do you still go to games? Wondering if I might have seen you at some point on my travels  Smiley
Christ.... just because talk talk does it doesn't make it right.... they often say the victims of stalking/grooming often become perpetrators themselves Cheesy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:13:33 »

Crystal Palace Away 73-74 Lost 2-6. Don Rogers tore us to pieces. First home game was the week after. I was 9 so everything was big and fucking scary, but the thing I remember most is my dad and his 2 mates pulling up in a pub along the A4 somewhere and getting pissed up whilst I froze in the car with my crisps!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:14:35 »

Christ.... just because talk talk does it doesn't make it right.... they often say the victims of stalking/grooming often become perpetrators themselves Cheesy

Ah.. So when adje (as an example) asks if he saw someone at a recent game it's not creepy, but when I ask casually if we might get the same train or something because we live close it's stalking?

You sir, are a sexist pig.

..not really  Smiley

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:16:42 »

He did get accused of grooming IIRC
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:18:02 »

He did get accused of grooming IIRC

A man who hasn't bought a new razor in 22 years?

Oh you meant adje. Fuck it, you're all perverts and so am I.

quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:20:05 »

Who was your first away game against? Nottingham Forest FA Cup
What was the score? 4-1 to Forest
When was it? January 1978
How long was it after your first home game? 2 years
How old were you? 16
What do you remember about the day? Bodmans coach from Devizes.  Loads of trouble in some service station on the M1 after one of our lot stoved the back window of a Southend United coach in.  Stones thrown at us by Forest fans in the ground.  One of our coach getting thrown in the Trent and therefore leaving late.  Still marvelled that we were playing THAT Forest team.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:20:43 »

Ardiles is lying anyway. that baby face has never needed a razor!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:21:44 »

Who was your first away game against? Nottingham Forest FA Cup
What was the score? 4-1 to Forest
When was it? January 1978
How long was it after your first home game? 2 years
How old were you? 16
What do you remember about the day? Bodmans coach from Devizes.  Loads of trouble in some service station on the M1 after one of our lot stoved the back window of a Southend United coach in.  Stones thrown at us by Forest fans in the ground.  One of our coach getting thrown in the Trent and therefore leaving late.  Still marvelled that we were playing THAT Forest team.

Quality first game.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:29:31 »

Who was your first away game against?

West brom

What was the score?

Won 2-1 http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19970132

When was it?

96/97 season

How long was it after your first home game?

3 years(?)

How old were you?

Just before my 14th birthday

What do you remember about the day?

My namesake scored the winner!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:31:28 »

First away game against - Luton Town
What was the score - 2-0 to Swindon (FA Cup 3rd Round)
When Was it - 5th January 1980
How long after your first home game - 4 years
How old were you - 11
What do you remember about the day - My Dad thinking it would be safer to stand with the home supporters than the Swindon fans! And the Luton fan we stood next too getting angrier and angrier throughout the game as Luton were losing, but having to curb his swearing due to the no doubt annoying 11 year old next to him. Also remember the terracing being open at both ends and it seeming quite a big ground at the time, to an 11 year old anyway.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 22:36:38 »

Bristol City

4-0 to us Smiley

January 1991

1 year

Going into the home pub before the game, being kept in the ground until 5.45pm and getting pushed down the terracing for ages when we scored.
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 23:08:30 »

That forest Jan 78 game.Big town following I thought until we got there .Loads of forest up for it and we were in side terrace where their lot were waiting .( either side of us )No stewards or old bill about so just a normal 70 s Saturday
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 23:09:01 »

I believe it was a rather insignificant game in our history.  A 5-0 defeat at Newcastle Utd in 1988 a good 6 years after my first home game at the age of 12.  On the plus side we went on some club organised coach/hospitality thing where you got taken to a restaurant pre game.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 11, 2016, 23:17:01 »

Newport County away, Boxing Day 1980ish.  Won 2-0, even with Andy Rowland in goal for most of the game.  I'd have been 11 so a good 7 years after my home debut.

We went in a 'lively' pub before the game, and as per some comments above, then went and stood in the home bit on the side as it was um, safer that way.

Swindon played all in blue, and when we got home the cat had done a poo behind the telly.  Then I played with my new Atari (?) for a bit.  Think we had a home game the next day too, proper Christmas.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: