Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2016/2017  (Read 57093 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 11:46:08 »

(And it makes me feel like a better fan).

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 14:21:42 »

Looking around the stadium each home game and seeing 6,000 empty red seats makes me wonder what benefit is it to me to renew? Not like we ever sell out and having missed 4 home games through work probably wipes out any financial benefit. £345 for a renewal in The Town End after all the budget cuts Power has made bothers me. Yes I understand the need to run a club stable but something doesn't add up. Our ticket prices still higher than clubs who get smaller attendances yet seem to have a bigger spending budget. The Huddersfield £179 deal shows how much we are being fleeced. The wording on the season ticket flyer from Power saying he's frozen prices and trying to make out he's some sort of hero and doing us all a favour really has pissed me off, it's not like he has any justification to increase them! Can't help but feel that come the summer more players sold, more loanees and an even more dilapidating stadium. Rant over.

I'll end up renewing no doubt because we always do and Power knows it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 15:24:42 »

The Huddersfield £179 deal shows how much we are being fleeced.
1) They have average gates of 12,500 vs our 7500-8000
2) They're in the division above so their TV deal is worth quite a bit more than ours
3) Even allowing for the above, they're taking a punt on a much cheaper ST massively boosting their gates to make up for the price cut a la Bradford

So
a) You're not comparing like with like
b) On the "punt front", Fitton tried that and it didn't produce a massive boost in numbers here. And even if it did, one way that increased gates can offset reduced prices is by the extra spend on catering. But we don't have that because Jed "He can't be asset-stripping because we have no assets" McWideboy flogged off the catering for the next decade.
Only Me

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 16:23:51 »

Just renew and stop moaning
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 16:33:56 »

Just renew and stop moaning

Sorry Lee.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 18:59:53 »

Just renewed mine. It probably would be cheaper to pay on the day for me now, I've missed more games this season than in the last 10 years combined, but I like my seat and the fact I get preferential treatment for big away games/Cup ties.

Will have to get past round one to get a big cup tie  Head Hurts
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 19:36:31 »

yeah, they're trying the Bradford model and are finding it from half the £2M extra* TV money championship clubs get next year.

hope it works for them.

*actually I only saw that in one article and can't find any supporting evidence..

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/huddersfield-town-use-broadcast-income-to-reduce-ticket-prices
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 20:32:17 »

I've renewed and signed the kids up for junior red membership. I don't actually think it's been that bad an effort this year. Injuries ruined our season at the start and would have done so for most clubs. The only way to get a better team is to support it.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 20:38:50 »

I've renewed and signed the kids up for junior red membership. I don't actually think it's been that bad an effort this year. Injuries ruined our season at the start and would have done so for most clubs. The only way to get a better team is to support it.
This

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 22:10:16 »

Looking around the stadium each home game and seeing 6,000 empty red seats makes me wonder what benefit is it to me to renew? Not like we ever sell out and having missed 4 home games through work probably wipes out any financial benefit. £345 for a renewal in The Town End after all the budget cuts Power has made bothers me. Yes I understand the need to run a club stable but something doesn't add up. Our ticket prices still higher than clubs who get smaller attendances yet seem to have a bigger spending budget. The Huddersfield £179 deal shows how much we are being fleeced. The wording on the season ticket flyer from Power saying he's frozen prices and trying to make out he's some sort of hero and doing us all a favour really has pissed me off, it's not like he has any justification to increase them! Can't help but feel that come the summer more players sold, more loanees and an even more dilapidating stadium. Rant over.

This is spot on for me....missed the same amount of games too.

I went today, enjoyed it but the buzz just hasn't comeback since Wembley flop (performance).

Pick n choose for me...

Clems Army!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 22:59:46 »

This is spot on for me....missed the same amount of games too.

I went today, enjoyed it but the buzz just hasn't comeback since Wembley flop (performance).

Pick n choose for me...

Glad it ain't just me.  Although I got pissed off today at the ref, so maybe Wembley is finally wearing off.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Talk Talk

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 01:01:15 »

Well just fucking renew and stop moaning you fucking cunt
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 08:57:15 »

A grown man wrote this 
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 09:27:03 »

A grown man wrote this 

I think he has a point. I love seeing our club run sustainably, but I did think that our attendances, prices and player sales would add up to a rather bigger budget than seems to be the case. Are we still paying Power back, or is the money being ploughed into long-term projects like the training-ground? If so, when can we expect to see a significant budget increase?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
normy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 10:39:46 »

I've gone back to buying a season ticket for next season rather than pay as you go though I still can't get to evening games.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: