Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2016/2017  (Read 57043 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 13:31:42 »

Unlikely Sutton, can't stand Stella!!

No way to talk of your new wife.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 12, 2016, 14:06:16 »

No way to talk of your new wife.

haha!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 10:29:39 »

Prices released
lambourn red

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 10:43:51 »

Good to see that younger fans prices are being cut but I think for the older fans there is this growing sense of apathy towards the club. I fear that the ST numbers are going to be well down next season this is the first time for many seasons that I don't think I will renew , this is not because I can't afford it but I just don't enjoy going anymore so I will pick and choose games next season.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 10:54:07 »

We'll have to wait and see what actually does transpire on season ticket sales but, canny operator though he is, Power does not seem to place as much emphasis on marketing and PR as Fitton and Wray, or even Jed, before him.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 11:19:11 »

For all that I'll give him credit for, Power hasn't got much of a clue about marketing. He's alienated the press, fails to engage with the Trust, has run down the club's comms department. An hour's cosy chat per month with Shaun doesn't really cut it. Nobody should be surprised if renewals are heavily down. Which will lead to another budget cut next year. Disappointing.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 11:24:09 »

I think I said it before but my dad and I aren't renewing and will pick and choose our games next season.

A shame after the excitement of last season but the entertainment level and 'buzz' is definitely way down this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 11:43:23 »

If the "entertainment" value on the pitch had much to do with season ticket sales then we'd be down to Reg by now.  There have been plenty worse seasons than this one in the past 20 years and plenty worse people running the club as well.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 11:47:03 »

I'll renew as to be honest the prices are about right for us. £375 works out at what, £16 a game that's still not too bad really.

Some are saying we should adopt the Bradford approach but we tried that under Fitton and didn't even get to 6000 so think that would be a risk the club couldn't afford.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 11:51:31 »

And there in lies the conundrum.  Winning seems to do little to shift extra season tickets and losing doesn't seem to reduce them too much either.  So, maybe it's all about the marketing, which is what I would go with, but that Fitton effort seemed to tick the box on that front and I really thought we'd crack it.  We didn't, and in reality, the few extra it brought in have generally stuck to buying season tickets without much change in overall attendance.  Maybe the trick is to sell your best payers to get through the summer and then rely on matchday sales for the season.

If that Fitton deal had really delivered then I think Power would have carried it on as he's not daft and seems to want the easiest ride possible in terms of the administration side of the club.  As it is, nothing seems to make much difference, so indifference is what we get in return!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 11:54:45 »

And there in lies the conundrum.  Winning seems to do little to shift extra season tickets and losing doesn't seem to reduce them too much either.  So, maybe it's all about the marketing, which is what I would go with, but that Fitton effort seemed to tick the box on that front and I really thought we'd crack it.  We didn't, and in reality, the few extra it brought in have generally stuck to buying season tickets without much change in overall attendance.  Maybe the trick is to sell your best payers to get through the summer and then rely on matchday sales for the season.

If that Fitton deal had really delivered then I think Power would have carried it on as he's not daft and seems to want the easiest ride possible in terms of the administration side of the club.  As it is, nothing seems to make much difference, so indifference is what we get in return!
Put it much better than I did.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 11:56:30 »

If the "entertainment" value on the pitch had much to do with season ticket sales then we'd be down to Reg by now.  There have been plenty worse seasons than this one in the past 20 years and plenty worse people running the club as well.

This is true and if I lived locally it would be a no brainer. Sadly travelling from London, whilst hardly a million miles away takes time and effort and also means I can't really get to midweek games without taking a half day from work.

It's a shame as I do enjoy Saturdays at the football but I think I'll probably pick and choose around 10 home games next season.

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 12:01:32 »

I shall renew but have to say I can understand why people will not. This season has been a real disappointment, under Mr Power's long term plans we should have been pushing on but basically we are a rather poor team in an even poorer division. That results in the non-committed fans not being bothered, which results in lower attendances, lower income, lower money available to bring in better players and thus the spiral continues. To get the fans back in numbers will require some serious thinking by Mr Power and is also very dependant upon where we finish in the division.

Got to say that the last two away games meant I could amble across to the pub, listen to the game on the radio whilst watching either the football or rugby and can see why that appeals more than actually going to a game.

Seen far worse seasons than this but a bit pissed off with this one in truth.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 12:06:44 »

I think for the older fans there is this growing sense of apathy towards the club. I fear that the ST numbers are going to be well down next season this is the first time for many seasons that I don't think I will renew , this is not because I can't afford it but I just don't enjoy going anymore so I will pick and choose games next season.
very much this for me. after 50 odd  years I simply don't enjoy the football.
next season i'll do a few Forest Green games and a few Town away days. maybe the piss stains at home if we can stay up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 12:08:56 »

Interestingly, or not, our season ticket sales are still well above the levels we saw on our rise to the Premier League.  Our attendances are about the same if you look at a 30 year average.  Something structural needs to happen for our attendances to flap in either direction really, regardless of what a few people perceive to the "temperature" on the internet.  Power isn't daft - if he saw evidence of a fundamental shift he'd react.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: