Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2016/2017  (Read 57099 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 16:03:56 »

So you want us to literally spend money before you buy a season ticket, and won't if we don't? Really?

Chicken and egg isn't it?..been like this for years.

I replied.

Lost the buzz a bit. But plan to see them in Dublin if that's still going ahead.

Best football philosophy doesn't make the most exciting match day experience.

Lack of engagement with fans....all cloak and dagger.

Miss a few with work.

All added up means I'm not renewing but will still attend alot of home games and a few away.

Clems Army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 16:20:53 »

So you want us to literally spend money before you buy a season ticket, and won't if we don't? Really?

He didn't say that. Said he'd be happy with decent freebies. It's the intention that's important - even if it doesn't work out.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 16:26:54 »

What are the survey questions out of interest?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 16:42:19 »

What are the survey questions out of interest?

I think one related to whether you had any idea 'where the money had gone'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 16:43:44 »

I replied to the survey as I haven't renewed yet. Agree it's a positive step that the club are interested in finding out the reasons.

The survey asked why I haven't renewed, and what would it take for me to do so.

My reason was the lack of investment in the playing staff - I feel that my investment in the club last year was not matched by the club on the pitch. To renew I'd need to see some ambition shown in making some decent signings (not expecting expensive ones would be happy with the right freebies !) And I feel the expiry date for early bird renewal was far too early, so would like to see it extended as a carrot to lure back those like me who could be easily persuaded to come back !

So what level of investment would match your investment? I assume even with a ST, replica shirt, bed spread and a burger each week your investment in the club would be at most £1,500 in the year?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 17:47:10 »

So what level of investment would match your investment? I assume even with a ST, replica shirt, bed spread and a burger each week your investment in the club would be at most £1,500 in the year?
Come on, who's going to buy a bed spread each week? Have you not heard of washing machines?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 18:28:53 »

I do think with season ticket sales aren't we just returning to the long term norm which used to be about 3k a season.

Season tickets peaked with the Race to 6K in the Fitton era c. 2008 and cheap tickets at around £250. Since then they have gradually dropped off for a combination of reasons, prices, performances/team progress (or lack of) and lifestyle changes.

The problem is once people give up their ST's is they will naturally pick and choose games but gates drop overall. 

We will have to see if gates hold up around the 7k mark after a few games. Local derbies might push us to 9-10k for a couple of games.

Sent from my HTC One M9
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 18:33:46 »

To be honest I don't think they have to justify themselves in this thread. Its just interesting to see why people haven't renewed. 
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 20:19:58 »

I do think with season ticket sales aren't we just returning to the long term norm which used to be about 3k a season.

Season tickets peaked with the Race to 6K in the Fitton era c. 2008 and cheap tickets at around £250. Since then they have gradually dropped off for a combination of reasons, prices, performances/team progress (or lack of) and lifestyle changes.

The problem is once people give up their ST's is they will naturally pick and choose games but gates drop overall. 

We will have to see if gates hold up around the 7k mark after a few games. Local derbies might push us to 9-10k for a couple of games.

Sent from my HTC One M9

Yep - we struggled bar 93/94 to push beyond 4k and it never used to be a big worry.  Season ticket sales ideally being just enough to pay for the summer months where we get zero matchday income.

Fitton (like Bradford) thought that filling the ground via season tickets would provide a few benefits - if you pay upfront you should be more inclined to spend on other items on matchday and people are more inclined to turn up to make that spend as they already have a ticket (so poor form or other issues are less of a problem).  If you get the right number it makes some sense IF you get the income from things such as refreshments!

With the kiosk now being dead money to the club, I'd well imagine that a reduction in season tickets isn't a massive problem - provided matchday sales balance it off.  Guess the fact that our poor form last season led to slightly lower matchday sales as well means they are bit more focussed on season ticket sales.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 20:32:34 »

But, if next season is more positive those ex-ST holders will still go but be paying £25 for the privilege - so more income for the club.

It's just a possible short term funding problem.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 21:37:31 »

But, if next season is more positive those ex-ST holders will still go but be paying £25 for the privilege - so more income for the club.

It's just a possible short term funding problem.

this is no problem at all. the business model kicks in and we sell our best performers. That'll be a steward and the tea lady. Job done.

I'm doing a few away games and the local derbies at home.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, May 26, 2016, 00:12:04 »

If we sold 9,000 ST would Power change his buying policy?

I think not.

Clems Army!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, May 26, 2016, 07:07:41 »

I think not.

If you mean the policy of trying to get young players, make them better & sell for a profit the no.

But I do think it may change the amount and the quality of players we signed, he has always maintained that we wouldn't spend money we didn't have but would spend within our means
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, May 26, 2016, 08:14:56 »

I think not.
Flipping it on its head, if we changed the buying policy would we sell 9,000 ST's? An equally resounding no.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, May 26, 2016, 08:20:01 »

Indeed, in the modern age, outside of one special season, we've only ever broken 5,500 once when Fitton slashed the price - we didn't even double the previous number.  Longer term, it's better for the club at the moment to have a low season ticket holder base and maintain a decent overall match day attendance.  Once they get other revenues back in their hands, then it can switch back.  I think they are only worried now because they'll be thinking this could mean lower matchday attendances as well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: