Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2016/2017  (Read 57103 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 11:05:56 »

Agree Rory
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 11:23:37 »

That the club wants feedback is a positive move- I know we sold 4500 last year so a decline is worrying.

Needs to get people engaged again. Fans feel detached for a number of reasons:

1) Poor relationship with the media- which is the link between the club and fan base
2) Lack of transparency

That was on the back of a play off season, this season has been a disappointment seen decent players sold and I suspect some of the fair weather that like to go when the club is winning will not return.

What are our prices like compared to other L1 teams (Bradford aside) anyone know ?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 11:25:48 »

The club have just released a survey for those who have not renewed and their reasons behind that decision.

I would be interested to hear how many ST have been sold thus far, does anyone have any ideas or heard anything on the grapevine?

I just did my survey and commented about it in the power phone in thread (having not seen this).

For me, living in London, its just simple economics. I can't make midweek games and the return train to Swindon ain't cheap so I am picking and choosing my games next season.

At one stage during our slump, my dad, who has had a ST for years now wasn't going to renew, but had a change of heart and did renew in the end.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 11:45:24 »

I just did my survey and commented about it in the power phone in thread (having not seen this).

For me, living in London, its just simple economics. I can't make midweek games and the return train to Swindon ain't cheap so I am picking and choosing my games next season.

At one stage during our slump, my dad, who has had a ST for years now wasn't going to renew, but had a change of heart and did renew in the end.

Just shows I'm a better fan than you, because I've bought two Wink

In fairness I've looked at the same thing as I don't generally make midweek games & my renewal equates to 15 games (at £25, which most of the games I would chose to go to probably will be).

I drive to games so the cost is a bit more hidden than the train, but rather than have to book tickets & end up sitting with people I don't know every game I've decided to renew
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:03:36 »

That was on the back of a play off season, this season has been a disappointment seen decent players sold and I suspect some of the fair weather that like to go when the club is winning will not return.

What are our prices like compared to other L1 teams (Bradford aside) anyone know ?

Bristol City's ST for their new stand is £350. Not bad.
Chrystovski

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:07:56 »

Going on the below (15/16 prices) our cheapest season ticket is the joint most expensive league and our most expensive ST is the 10th most expensive. Geographically it is a northern league so prices are expected to be cheaper than down south.
Given we have the smallest budget in the division and the football on show I wouldn't say it's value for money. Although I'd say all division 3 football is vastly over priced.

I think a fair price for a ST renewal in the side stands would be £300 and £250 in the Town end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34507719

« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:10:30 by Chrystovski » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:08:17 »

Bristol City's ST for their new stand is £350. Not bad.
Yeah but you have to watch Bristol City?

Edit - isn't the price actually essentially irrelevant, its not a true market as if people are going to say I am going to buy an Oxford ST rather than a Swindon one as the Oxford one is cheaper... well I assume the majority wouldn't anyway?  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:10:06 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:09:14 »

Just shows I'm a better fan than you, because I've bought two Wink

In fairness I've looked at the same thing as I don't generally make midweek games & my renewal equates to 15 games (at £25, which most of the games I would chose to go to probably will be).

I drive to games so the cost is a bit more hidden than the train, but rather than have to book tickets & end up sitting with people I don't know every game I've decided to renew

The season before last I probably did about 15/16 games and so it did make sense for me to have a ST. Last season with me getting married/honeymoon etc I missed so many games, I think I made 8 in total which was sheer stupidity on my part.

I was kind of tempted, but given the geography of the league this season, I am going to make more effort in going to away games and pick and choose the home matches. If Millwall lose in the play-off final and Wimbledon get promoted, next season's London away matches will be brilliant for me.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:13:13 »

The season before last I probably did about 15/16 games and so it did make sense for me to have a ST. Last season with me getting married/honeymoon etc I missed so many games, I think I made 8 in total which was sheer stupidity on my part.

I was kind of tempted, but given the geography of the league this season, I am going to make more effort in going to away games and pick and choose the home matches. If Millwall lose in the play-off final and Wimbledon get promoted, next season's London away matches will be brilliant for me.

Do the club get anything in the way of gate receipts for away games (or is that just the FA Cup?)

Otherwise the geographical set up of the league this year is going to clobber the club with many fans saying that they will do away games mainly (and this isn't aimed at anyone as I haven't set foot in the theatre of nightmares since around 1999 and have only done away games since that date) which makes me a shit supporter.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:35:17 »

I replied to the survey as I haven't renewed yet. Agree it's a positive step that the club are interested in finding out the reasons.

The survey asked why I haven't renewed, and what would it take for me to do so.

My reason was the lack of investment in the playing staff - I feel that my investment in the club last year was not matched by the club on the pitch. To renew I'd need to see some ambition shown in making some decent signings (not expecting expensive ones would be happy with the right freebies !) And I feel the expiry date for early bird renewal was far too early, so would like to see it extended as a carrot to lure back those like me who could be easily persuaded to come back !
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:46:42 »

Edit - isn't the price actually essentially irrelevant, its not a true market as if people are going to say I am going to buy an Oxford ST rather than a Swindon one as the Oxford one is cheaper... well I assume the majority wouldn't anyway?  Hmmm

But its good for comparing like for like pricing, or in this case shitty league 1 football with less shitty football at Shitty (the away teams).

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 12:57:35 »

I replied to the survey as I haven't renewed yet. Agree it's a positive step that the club are interested in finding out the reasons.

My reason was the lack of investment in the playing staff - I feel that my investment in the club last year was not matched by the club on the pitch. To renew I'd need to see some ambition shown in making some decent signings (not expecting expensive ones would be happy with the right freebies !) And I feel the expiry date for early bird renewal was far too early, so would like to see it extended as a carrot to lure back those like me who could be easily persuaded to come back !

This 100%.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 15:06:46 »

Do the club get anything in the way of gate receipts for away games (or is that just the FA Cup?)

For league matches the home side gets all the gate receipts. Cup matches is when the gate receipts are shared.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Panda Paws

« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 15:17:06 »

So you want us to literally spend money before you buy a season ticket, and won't if we don't? Really?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 15:44:27 »

Didn't match my investment...

Suicide
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: