Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adam Johnson  (Read 39984 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 20:27:00 »

Yeah but he will have a lot less £ now??!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 21:50:49 »

He's a millionaire and that won't change. I'd wager that at least 75% of prem footballers cheat on their girlfriends and wives. They get used to the lifestyle so turn a blind eye or are ignorant to it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 21:52:31 »

Yeah but he will have a lot less £ now??!

At 60k a week, since he was accused I make that about 3 million. More than I'll get through in a lifetime sadly.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 23:20:24 »

Yes, but the gf is being punished in a way for sticking by someone who is obviously not treating her with the respect she deserves.

Yeah. I'm not saying it's "right" necessarily. It's just obviously I work with a lot of prisoners and their families and I retain respect for a lot of the women who stand by their partners when they've done something horrible. I'm afraid it really is something you can't really understand until it happens to you.  I think it's very unfair to say it's simply money.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 07:07:26 »

Yeah. I'm not saying it's "right" necessarily. It's just obviously I work with a lot of prisoners and their families and I retain respect for a lot of the women who stand by their partners when they've done something horrible. I'm afraid it really is something you can't really understand until it happens to you.  I think it's very unfair to say it's simply money.
Agreed, could be that she loves him and has forgiven him. There is also a child involved so to suggest its about the money is far to simplistic.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 07:55:35 »

There are men and women who cheat on their partners all time regardless of wealth etc. I'm sure there are TEF'ers who have cheated on their significant others and wouldn't hesitate in doing it again. It can stem from being in a collapsing relationship and it can also be a mentality thing, those I know who have cheated on their girlfriends/wives simply shrug their behaviour off as 'one of those things'.

Johnson has seemingly taken his arrogance too far and will pay the price.

I bet the Sunderland player liaison officer said, "you're on your own here buddy, this is above my pay grade" when Johnson told them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 08:54:29 »

There are men and women who cheat on their partners all time regardless of wealth etc.

But not too many who'd knowingly do so with a 15 year old, at least I hope. I know you aren't defending him, but it brings it into a whole new morale argument doesn't it? Beyond arrogance/simple cheating into something far more sinister and disturbing.

Incidentally, does " sexual activity with a child" cover actual sex - or would that be a different charge?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 09:02:10 »

He's a millionaire and that won't change. I'd wager that at least 75% of prem footballers cheat on their girlfriends and wives. They get used to the lifestyle so turn a blind eye or are ignorant to it.

Whilst there might be some truth in the theory, I think our perception of this gets massively skewed by the media, seeing as they only print the sensational stories...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 09:02:42 »

What he said,  if you read the Secret Footballer book, he talks about it in detail
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 09:04:43 by tans » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 09:03:31 »

But not too many who'd knowingly do so with a 15 year old, at least I hope. I know you aren't defending him, but it brings it into a whole new morale argument doesn't it? Beyond arrogance/simple cheating into something far more sinister and disturbing.

My point was indeed a side point from the Adam Johnson's crime.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 11:11:05 »

Stupid man. How did it all come to the hands of the police? Did the girl go to the police with her family? I think they will sentence him to some hard prison time to make an example of the guy, personally I feel he should get no worse than these gang members who groom and exploit young girls in places like Rotherham, Birmingham and Oxford.

Now, ain't that just like me?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 12:58:49 »

Looks like he is writing for the Mail now.. 

Waterloo Road twins Shona and Rhona are unrecognisable now http://dailym.ai/1Tf6UND via http://dailym.ai/android

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 16:56:10 »

Whilst there might be some truth in the theory, I think our perception of this gets massively skewed by the media, seeing as they only print the sensational stories...

I got told stories of our lot on a tour of Ireland during the McMahon era. They were all at it.
I doubt that's changed. I'd guess it's got more common with the wage explosion.

Girls are a lot more forward nowadays. Footballers on huge money will have girls throwing themselves at them, literally.
Buy them some drinks, get your end away then back home in the morning. That's how they roll.
joteddyred

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 17:59:10 »

Looks like he is writing for the Mail now.. 

Waterloo Road twins Shona and Rhona are unrecognisable now http://dailym.ai/1Tf6UND via http://dailym.ai/android

There's no way they now look like that without some cosmetic surgery.  Their face shape is now totally different.

In terms of Adam Johnson, he hasn't really got any defence, which is why he obviously pleaded guilty.  Actually, why is a trial taking place if he pleaded guilty or are these additional charges?

I feel really sorry for his girlfriend.  Regardless of why she's stuck by him, it must be pretty shit and demeaning listening to all the detail in court.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 18:14:18 »

There's no way they now look like that without some cosmetic surgery.  Their face shape is now totally different.

In terms of Adam Johnson, he hasn't really got any defence, which is why he obviously pleaded guilty.  Actually, why is a trial taking place if he pleaded guilty or are these additional charges?

I feel really sorry for his girlfriend.  Regardless of why she's stuck by him, it must be pretty shit and demeaning listening to all the detail in court.

Aren't there several charges?

He's pleaded giulty to some and not guilty to others... I thought...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: