Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 16102 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 19:28:43 »

It didn't rain.

Unbelievable after today in Zwindon  Huh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 19:36:29 »

Unbelievable after today in Zwindon  Huh?

A home game today would have been pretty grim....reckon it would have been just about playable, but no fun for anyone.
Talk Talk

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 20:20:27 »

A home game today would have been pretty grim....reckon it would have been just about playable, but no fun for anyone.

Oh my life, As it was so dreadful out I decided to trawl around buying stuff. I went to Wickes and bought some plywood sheets to panel the gazebo in and as soon as I came out of the exit with the trolley it blew over. People are so helpful though, about four people jumped out of their cars/came out of the shop and helped. Big thanks to them.

B&Q's car park was so flooded I got a bootie walking to the entrance and again on the way back. Some of the puddles on Great Western Way were spectacular for the passing car spray.

Agree Reg. You wouldn't want to watch football in that, let alone play it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 20:25:41 »

I traveled to Merthyr today in the hope(?) of seeing Merthyr Town vs. Chippenham Town on their 3G FIFA praised pitch.

Nope. Called off just as we parked outside the ground. My fault.
Talk Talk

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 22:35:45 »

I traveled to Merthyr today

Gone injun?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, February 7, 2016, 09:31:58 »

In other news, my old club, mighty Stockton and Codford FC reach the Wilts Junior Cup final after beating Hilperton 5:1.

Fingers crossed the final won't clash with a home game.

Clems Army!
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, February 7, 2016, 14:23:39 »

B&Q's car park was so flooded I got a bootie walking to the entrance and again on the way back. Some of the puddles on Great Western Way were spectacular for the passing car spray.

Nice to know, that all work and money spent  sorting out the drainage on Gt Western way was worth it.
Well done Sbc.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, February 7, 2016, 17:46:52 »

Big game tomorrow.....Fleetwood v Shrews.

0-0 then. Probably a good outcome for us, keeps both at arm's length.

Interestingly as things stand, we've 10 games left v sides in the bottom half of the table and 6 against teams in the top half. Not sure if that means a great deal really as Barnsley have shown how you can get on a roll and motor up the table, it was only last week they were below us, and now can just about see the PO's.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, February 8, 2016, 11:08:22 »

I think BOO got lucky on that first-half penalty shout.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, February 8, 2016, 11:22:07 »

What was the background to that first chance that hit the post, did Vigorous take a free kick or a throw or something (the ball appears from off screen and then he appears a few seconds later also off screen, suicidal approach whatever it was.

From those highlights our midfield seem to be neither helping the back 4 or trying to get up and help the strikers? I would hate to be playing behind a group that only seem to lumber into shot around 10 seconds after the chance has developed.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, February 8, 2016, 13:22:29 »

What was the background to that first chance that hit the post, did Vigorous take a free kick or a throw or something (the ball appears from off screen and then he appears a few seconds later also off screen, suicidal approach whatever it was.

From those highlights our midfield seem to be neither helping the back 4 or trying to get up and help the strikers? I would hate to be playing behind a group that only seem to lumber into shot around 10 seconds after the chance has developed.

It was a bit odd. As far as I could tell, they had a corner which the guy was trying to take from outside the D. Therefore, the ref gave us a free kick right in the corner, which Vigs took and shanked a bit.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, February 8, 2016, 14:33:38 »

Do you think Gills deliberately got penalised, reckoning a better way to create chances was to hand possession back to Vigs and our back three?  It often seems to work Wink

Looked like a great save later by Vigs, tbf
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, February 8, 2016, 17:03:33 »

The Gills player that hit the post is claiming that it was going in until a gust of wind blew it onto the upright.
Sir red ken

« Reply #103 on: Monday, February 8, 2016, 18:33:06 »

The Gills player that hit the post is claiming that it was going in until a gust of wind blew it onto the upright.
Proof if it was ever needed that God is a Swindon town supporter.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, February 8, 2016, 19:24:55 »

Well he hasn't done that spectacular a job if he is...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: