Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham pub  (Read 15398 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 16:03:20 »

I went to Gillingham once.  It wasn't very nice.

We went for pre-match beers in Rochester, near the castle, which was lovely.  This is the only time that I can remember that the group I was with chose to drink in a different town to the football match.

We lost 3-0.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 16:07:42 »

Were you brought up in the Channel Islands then?

No. I was also taught that a sharp ridge formed by 2 glacial cwms was called an arrêté, however your mob have now ruled for the extinction of the circumflex....in the words of Tears For Fears, it's a mad world.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 16:38:00 »

Pete

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 17:11:33 »

Strassendorf sounds like a long road with the German army marching down it. A bit like the Champs-Élysées.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 21:07:45 »

I went to Gillingham once.  It wasn't very nice.

We went for pre-match beers in Rochester, near the castle, which was lovely.  This is the only time that I can remember that the group I was with chose to drink in a different town to the football match.

We lost 3-0.
I have been to Gillingham more than once.
The town centre is on par with Gorse Hill.
Pint in the Clarendon or the Brittania  Grin
« Last Edit: Friday, February 5, 2016, 21:12:57 by Mother Brown » Logged
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 21:11:37 »

Oh fucking hell you two  Doh

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 21:17:11 »

Strassendorf sounds like a long road with the German army marching down it. A bit like the Champs-Élysées.

Why are there so many trees in Holland? . . . . . so the Germans can march in the shade.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 00:49:51 »

Straßendorf

No. I was also taught that a sharp ridge formed by 2 glacial cwms was called an arrêté

A bit like the Champs-Élysées.

Fuck me, when was the last time the TEF had a thread with a Straßendorf, a cwm, an arrêté and an Élysées? And you lot want to leave 1000 years of Europe? For what? Guns and bacon?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 00:52:49 »

No. I was also taught that a sharp ridge formed by 2 glacial cwms was called an arrêté, however your mob have now ruled for the extinction of the circumflex....in the words of Tears For Fears, it's a mad world.

Someone expressed the problem of losing the circumflex very nicely with the expression:

"Je vais me faire un petit jeûne / jeune."

Do you get the (not so) subtle difference?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Amir

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 01:33:43 »

My knowledge of French just about stretches to ordering an ice cream, and yet even I can see you've misquoted Camus.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 01:50:01 »

My knowledge of French just about stretches to ordering an ice cream, and yet even I can see you've misquoted Camus.

I'm pretty sure of myself. Please enlighten me.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 02:03:52 »

I'm pretty sure of myself. Please enlighten me.

“Everything I know about morality and the obligations of men, I owe it to football." That should do it.
Amir

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 02:07:20 »

I'm pretty sure he said he learned it in the team or league he played in, in Algeria, rather than football itself. Paraphrased would have been better a term than misquoted.

I'm trying to join in with the mass pedantry that seems to have broken out Smiley
Amir

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 02:21:36 »

Ce que je sais de plus sûr de la morale et des obligations des hommes, c'est au sport que je le dois, c'est au R.U.A. que je l'ai appris.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 02:35:33 »

I googled yours. It happened. So did mine. He might have said something twice in similar terms. Like the TEF.

Camus did bollocks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: