Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24649 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 19:16:25 »

Alien :alien:I'll let you know when I get back  Alien

Are you off to the Baikonur Cosmodrome?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 20:31:21 »

Are you off to the Baikonur Cosmodrome?

If I answer that Reg, I'd have to kill you ... and any Tefer's that read the post.Lamo
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 21:47:39 »

.... the centre of the Potteries conurbation is in fact in Hanley, which due to not having a league club gets overlooked, the centre of Stoke being about like Cricklade Road, Gorse Hill.
Vale were the Hanley club for a period of time:

http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/epw053355?search=hanley&ref=46

The site is now the city's major shopping centre - Hanley was always the retail and cultural hub when I lived there in the early 90s.

I spent three great years in SoT, living on the borders of Hanley and Shelton (after a brief spell in Cobridge near the lubricants factory and prossie-frequented streets). In several ways, it was a lot like Swindon - unpretentious, fine industrial history, down to earth locals, but with a far better gig scene. It was also a top location for getting to Town away games.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 23:16:14 »

I love it that Reg has 'lady friends'.

I think If I could be anyone in history I'd be Terry Thomas. Or maybe Sid James at a push.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 23:17:24 »

Vale were the Hanley club for a period of time:

http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/epw053355?search=hanley&ref=46

The site is now the city's major shopping centre - Hanley was always the retail and cultural hub when I lived there in the early 90s.

I spent three great years in SoT, living on the borders of Hanley and Shelton (after a brief spell in Cobridge near the lubricants factory and prossie-frequented streets). In several ways, it was a lot like Swindon - unpretentious, fine industrial history, down to earth locals, but with a far better gig scene. It was also a top location for getting to Town away games.

Was Hanley were Eric Bristow's nightclub was?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, February 7, 2016, 12:25:04 »

Was Hanley were Eric Bristow's nightclub was?
No idea. If it was, I was totally unaware of it! Looking on the net, he did have a pub in his hometown, Leek.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: