Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barnsley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18367 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:16:48 »

Awful game. The less said about today the better. Few positives.

Wish I'd stayed in St Lucia!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:18:10 »

Wish I'd stayed in St Lucia!
And me! And I came back over 20 years ago!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sir red ken

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:18:24 »

Turgid shit. Full of pointless passing.

Yep your correct and 3 at the back never works, it means that your defence will be pulled out of position, creating chances for quick players pushing into the pocket of space left by the defender moving across to cover where the Left/ right back should be. We need to stop f@cking about ensure we close down players and space while moving the ball forwards quickly and to hell with this tippy-tappy shite. Not even LVG with UTD's players can make this type of football work, if we don't change and play a more German style with two rows of players behind the ball then we could be back into the relegation scrap very soon.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:24:59 »

Im sick of this "nathan at all costs" feeling that's creeping in.First we change a system that has been working well recently to accommodate him and then Luke Williams admits that "he's (thompson) not quite there" yet still picks him. Its bullshit

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:32:35 »

we could be back into the relegation scrap very soon.

We've not really left it after the early season slump...it was always going to be the focus of the season after that. Good news today is that Fleetwood lost.

I was getting so excited by the prospect of a dour 0-0 draw, especially when Barnsley started time wasting like they were happy with that....should have known better  Smiley
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:38:16 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:46:26 »

That was dire
 Suicide
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:47:32 »

Poor match, OK opening but flaccid second half
Barnsley slightly better than us, no complaints they nicked it
We didn't really threaten them at all
Don't understand the need to change formation, thought our midfield looked congested. Maybe that's hindsight taliking
Games like this show we have come forward, but still have more work to do
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:48:41 »

That was painful to watch. The change to a back three is fine when the midfield are working and moving to create space but when they are static it plays into the opponents hands which happened all to often this afternoon. Barnsley are on a bit of a roll at the moment but as far as I can see this is a poor division full of poor teams and anyone can go on a run, just wish we could string six wins together but cannot see it currently.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:56:58 »

Can't think of anything positive to say about that performance. It's as though they had a collective hangover, with no energy or penetration of Barnsley's defence.

ust be the oldest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:57:08 »

Oh yeah, the wind was cold and did anyone else think there was a push a little before the goal. Not that it matters now.
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 17:57:49 »

Oh yeah, the wind was cold and did anyone else think there was a push a little before the goal. Not that it matters now.

Steve White certainly did.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 18:12:43 »

Blatant shove
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 18:23:18 »

A few thoughts.

Thought N.Thompson made some great last ditch(ish) challenges today and kept Winnall in check for most of the game.

Doubty has something about him, think he'll be a good loan signing.

The squad is so thin, we bring on Brophy at RWB as I assume Barry went off injured (first time I've seen Barry I think, was relatively impressed), Michael Smith who we are trying to sell and Balmy who runs about a lot but not much else.

Given the poor standard of league 1 we'll stay up but think the rest of the season we're going to boringly hang about at mid-table.

500 Barnsley fans is a decent following I thought.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 18:27:30 »

Didn't enjoy that all all, we didn't seem up for it today - the midfield was too static and guilty of overplaying on many occasions.  On reflection it was a mistake to go to a back 3, should have stuck to a 4-4-2 and been much more creative.  Nathan could have come in on the right and we would not have been so static.  Saying that, Barnsley were just slightly better than us on the day, think we only had two shots on target - service to the strikers was poor and our build-up too slow allowing them to stick to their system of a rigid 4-4-2 and snuff us out.  Thought the officials were poor.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 18:29:15 »

And me! And I came back over 20 years ago!

Foolish mistake! Could be sipping rum punch, instead drinking costa coffee at Didcot Station!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: