Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barnsley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18079 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 13:51:23 »

Possibility as they are young players with limited confidence who know they will get booed if they make a mistake?

Then drop them, sell them on and get in experienced players that can take the crowd collectively saying 'For fucks sake!' At basic errors...

That's never going to happen, so getting the bird when you fuck up it is...

Pissed off with posts on here telling everybody not to show any disappointment during a game.

They are pro players and it goes with the territory. If you don't like it, fuck off and do something else....and guess what...when you fuck up in a proper job your boss might just get a little annoyed and let you know about it.....it's called life....

Clems Army!
REDBUCK

« Reply #106 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 14:27:37 »

That would be a  good point if those giving stick were the boss but they aren't. Also a good boss understands his staff and who needs what in terms of response to a fuck off

A better comparison would be if 6,000 tax payers stood around watching a junior civil servant doing their job and booed, heckled and told them they're shite everytime they made a mistake.

Can see it helping anyone except making the moaners feeling a little better
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 14:42:34 »

think more than 6000 people would have told whoever was in charge of the Bruce Street  Bridges to fuck off if they had the chance.

it's part of football, for better or worse. if you can't deal with it you won't get far.

thought the fans tried petty hard to get behind the team yesterday, early in the second. the positivity must have had a reverse physiological effect on the players..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 14:45:05 »

Then drop them, sell them on and get in experienced players that can take the crowd collectively saying 'For fucks sake!' At basic errors...

That's never going to happen, so getting the bird when you fuck up it is...

Pissed off with posts on here telling everybody not to show any disappointment during a game.

They are pro players and it goes with the territory. If you don't like it, fuck off and do something else....and guess what...when you fuck up in a proper job your boss might just get a little annoyed and let you know about it.....it's called life....

I went to a couple of games in Germany back in September and I have to say, they seem to have the right idea over there and we've got it completely wrong. The second game in particular stands out - it was between Greuther Fürth and Bochum in the Bundesliga 2. It was a smallish stadium (crowd was maybe 12,000ish) but behind one goal you had the 'Ultras' or whatever the German equivalent is. There were flags and banners and flairs and everyone jumping up and down in unison and several drummers (they were actual proper drummers mind you who could play a proper rythm and it actually added to the atmosphere).

The point of this is that on the field, Greuther Furth were getting well and truly, soundly hammered. They conceded in the first minute and the last and it didn't get any better in between. They ended up losing 0-5 and I was thinking that if it was at Swindon (or any ground in England to be fair) there would be booing and pissing and moaning and all sorts for the duration of the game.

Having said that, there was some moaning going on around us (understandably) but it was just amongst the fans. It wasn't aimed at the players directly and it didn't need to be. It was obvious that the home team were having a 'mare and they knew it and that the fans weren't happy. The players knew the fans weren't happy and the fans knew that the players knew etc etc but during the 90 minutes they got behind the team. I am quite sure that in the bars of Furth after the game and on their forums they tore their team apart but it didn't happen during the game.

I've said before, I'm not completely averse to the fans booing/having a go at the team if they have been particularly bad at the end of 45 or 90 minutes but only then and never individual players.

Yes, fans have a right to display a bit of frustration or disappointment at times. However, I think it's got to ridiculous levels these days and some/a lot of fans have such short fuses they are just waiting to jump on the players backs the second anything goes wrong. That is not supporting the team by any stretch of the imagination.

And that's just bollocks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 14:47:44 »

Quote from: horlock07
Which may explain why Williams is keen to keep the short stuff if Vigorous is jyst going to ping it out of play if he goes long.

I can't believe vigs has gone through his goalkeeping life not having to have kicked it, it's an essential skill of being a keeper. he's not the best kicker in the world, but yesterday was just one of those days.

the short kick isn't based off vigs abilities. we did it with Wes too. we don't seem to have done it as much recently, thank fuck
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 14:52:50 »

This is the rub. Professional football players will always get stick. Its part of the job description. They have to man up, grow a thick skin and draw their over inflated wages every month. Little do the kids that play for us (being a young team as we're always being told) know how lucky they are. Getting payed for playing a game they'd play for nothing is a dream come true.
Many of us who hate their jobs, at best tolerate the time we have to spend there would bite their hands off to have a job like theirs.
Accept the boos and plaudits in equal measure. Realise you can be a hero or total wanker in a minute. Shrug your shoulders and get on with it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 14:57:22 »

in any case, did anyone actually boo the team yesterday? I didn't hear any. grumblings of disappointment on the odd off pass, yes, but no real hostility despite a backdrop of a poor game.
REDBUCK

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 15:00:09 »

think more than 6000 people would have told whoever was in charge of the Bruce Street  Bridges to fuck off if they had the chance.

it's part of football, for better or worse. if you can't deal with it you won't get far.

thought the fans tried petty hard to get behind the team yesterday, early in the second. the positivity must have had a reverse physiological effect on the players..

Yes, the manger or planner, not the bloke digging the hole because they thought he was digging it in the wrong place.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 15:00:19 »

Quote from: brocklesby red
talking of discipline what was the flare-up involving Balmy all about?  Thought he could have walked for his reaction.
Barnsley had a throw in, Balmy chucked it to their guy who took exception to what he thought was a hard throw(pussy) and pushed Balmy with both hands,a few words were exchanged and a half hearted melee ensued. If anything the Barnsley player should have gone

hahaha, no,  balmy took exception at being pushed after trying to take their throw and threw it at his face, could have seen red. their man retaliated, for sure, as did the twat that ran to join in
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 15:01:45 »

Quote from: REDBUCK
Yes, the manger or planner, not the bloke digging the hole because they thought he was digging it in the wrong place.

they'd have a hard job finding an actual worker.. I'll boo one if I see one if it helps
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 15:03:55 »

in any case, did anyone actually boo the team yesterday? I didn't hear any. grumblings of disappointment on the odd off pass, yes, but no real hostility despite a backdrop of a poor game.
I think we're beginning to accept that we are a poor side and when the crowd stop responding to the dross being dished up, the next step is a drop in attendance. Then watch Power when he realises his business is going down the pan.
It'll be "if you want a club then start turning up" we've been here before. Many times.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 15:29:41 »

I think we're beginning to accept that we are a poor side and when the crowd stop responding to the dross being dished up, the next step is a drop in attendance. Then watch Power when he realises his business is going down the pan.
It'll be "if you want a club then start turning up" we've been here before. Many times.

Power's model is about developing players to flog on.

This season is abourt staying up and looking to see how we're set on the development front. As things stand, you'd say there has been a bit of progress, albeit from a very lowly base. If you view it as a 2 year cycle, then the likes of BOO, Barry, Balmy, Brophy, Stewart, Iandolo are the types we'll need to see more of in the next 18 months.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, February 1, 2016, 12:43:18 »

Possibility as they are young players with limited confidence who know they will get booed if they make a mistake?

But the customers pay their hard earned cash they deserve to abuse them because they didn't do the footballing so good!  Its part of the job right?
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, February 1, 2016, 13:19:16 »

But the customers pay their hard earned cash they deserve to abuse them because they didn't do the footballing so good!  Its part of the job right?

Right

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, February 1, 2016, 13:35:55 »

Power's model is about developing players to flog on.

What we seem to offer is game time at league 1 level to players developed elsewhere. Those actually developed here are few and far between. As soon as bigger clubs come calling players are off. It doesn't matter how old they are or where in their development they are, they go. Be that kids, young pros or established players.
A new training ground isn't going to do a lot to change that in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: