Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1001 Films You Must See Before You Die  (Read 13045 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:02:12 »

Right, so a recommendation list for some decent less well known films. Do you underline them like engine numbers in an Ian Allan , when you've seen them?
Talk Talk

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:08:28 »

Right, so a recommendation list for some decent less well known films. Do you underline them like engine numbers in an Ian Allan , when you've seen them?

I don't personally Reg, but you might well do...  Wink

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:09:00 »

Trying to avoid anything already mentioned...

La Haine
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Dead Man's Shoes
Den brysomme mannen (The Bothersome Man)
Nil by Mouth
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:09:50 »

http://www.listchallenges.com/1001-movies-you-must-see-before-you-die-all
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:11:22 »

Betty Blue - It the only foreign language film I can think of right now.
Talk Talk

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:14:20 »

Well that kills this thread then 
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:16:00 »

Well that kills this thread then 

I'm not going to list my top 1001 films but it's a good list to check how many you've seen
Talk Talk

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:21:15 »

I'm not going to list my top 1001 films but it's a good list to check how many you've seen

Yeah, actually thinking about it Si that's a good idea. It changes what the thread is about as the whole point of the book is to inspire and I sure ain't gonna type in 1,001 film titles

Pint

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:23:02 »

5 top quality films that have not yet been mentioned.

Terminator
Terminator 2
The green mile
Jaws
ET
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:26:27 »

168 of 1160 movies films

well that's disappointing
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:34:21 »

Yeah, actually thinking about it Si that's a good idea. It changes what the thread is about as the whole point of the book is to inspire and I sure ain't gonna type in 1,001 film titles

Pint

There's already a few I've seen which I don't agree with and a few I think should be on there. The Cabin in the Woods is complete crap in my opinion (for example).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:36:41 »

I don't personally Reg, but you might well do...  Wink

Nice...yes, any list type thing requires underlining, or at least ticking off, depending on the format. My CAMRA pub guide to Wiltshire, being one of my favourites.

Others are lists of LDP's and preserved railways.....traditional counties of Britain and Ireland visited; off shore islands of the British Isles visited; and ferry ports used for leaving our sceptred isle....and of course football grounds, extant and defunct.
Talk Talk

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:41:54 »

Nice...yes, any list type thing requires underlining, or at least ticking off, depending on the format. My CAMRA pub guide to Wiltshire, being one of my favourites.

I did that with the Brakspear's pub map yonks ago when I lived in that area. When they still had a brewery in Henley of course...

Others are lists of LDP's and preserved railways.....traditional counties of Britain and Ireland visited; off shore islands of the British Isles visited; and ferry ports used for leaving our sceptred isle....and of course football grounds, extant and defunct.

Another birthday present and another list to tick off Reg, 50 of the greatest:

Ooops, I guess that deserves another thread...  Cheesy
corner

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:54:31 »

I'd like to add, no country for old men, full metal jacket, saving private ryan and Drive.
I would also add the original planet of the apes first three anyway and original mad max one and two, not so keen on three although 100% better than the latest one,
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 13:03:33 »

Other lists which I've been working on for years, include, stone circles and standing stones, Neolithic long barrows and Iron Age hillforts. I also had a phase of brass rubbing in Cotswold churches, but the locking up of churches put a stop to that.

Ownership of all the 204 Landranger OS maps is also an ambition, but the gaps have to be filled by finding them in charity shops, library kick outs etc, not by purchasing them from dealers.

I'm fortunate, that I don't have an obsessive personality, because there's a lot to still be done.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: