Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Karma  (Read 4170 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 12:41:53 »

We'll I'm anti the idea.
The whole liking and disliking of someone's view at the click of a button is a cop out to debate. People will like and dislike a comment based on the individual making it.
We've all seen the rough ride new commenters get on here as it is. This won't help in my opinion.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 12:46:47 »

We'll I'm anti the idea.
The whole liking and disliking of someone's view at the click of a button is a cop out to debate. People will like and dislike a comment based on the individual making it.
We've all seen the rough ride new commenters get on here as it is. This won't help in my opinion.

This. Fuck me, wish I hadn't mentioned it now, it's fine as it is!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 13:18:04 »

I think the karma system is designed more as way to say thanks for being helpful or not. So if 4D had a question on whether he should buy a soft or medium bristle toothbrush and you gave him helpful advice, he could give you karma.

It's not that type of forum so I don't see the point. In fact we should probably have a rep system for being the biggest cunt.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 13:24:59 »

So if 4D had a question on whether he should buy a soft or medium bristle toothbrush

Clap
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 13:25:56 »

From the Simple Machines (software that runs the forum) manual. No point turning it on because no one would have a positive number, least of all me Smiley

Karma is an optional feature that shows the popularity of members. Administrators can enable this feature from the Core Features section. When members are allowed, they can applaud or smite a member to raise or lower that member's karma.

Karma mode - This option is to select how the karma feature will be used in the forum:
        Disable Karma - Disables the use of this feature.
        Enable Karma Total - Makes SMF show only the total of points received.
        Enable Karma Positive/Negative - Shows both the positive and negative points for each user.
    Set the minimum posts needed to modify karma - Administrators can set a minimum number of posts that a user must have before they can raise or lower someone's karma.
    Set wait time in hours - This specifies how long (in hours) users have to wait between consecutive karma actions on the same person.
    Restrict administrators to wait time - This specifies whether forum administrators are restricted by the wait time (see the previous option).
    Karma label - Here administrators can define the label that is shown for the karma field in the profile and posts (default karma:).
    Karma applaud label - The text that appears in the link to increase the karma of a user (default [applaud]). If you leave this field blank, the applaud link will be hidden.
    Karma smite label - The text that appears in the link to decrease the karma of a user (default [smite]). If you leave this field blank, the smite link will be hidden.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 13:32:33 »

There'd be more smiting, than in the Torah (1st 5 books of the Old Testament)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 13:38:09 »

So if 4D had a question on whether he should buy a soft or medium bristle toothbrush and you gave him helpful advice, he could give you karma.

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma comedian.  Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 14:21:52 »

Set the level above 5000 posts, that'll stop the riff raff playing god Wink
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 14:40:53 »

10,000  Wink
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 15:31:07 »

Any reason to throw some Parkway Drive into the mix...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: