Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23234 times)
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 13:13:18 »

From those highlights, it seems as though B-O-O had a decent game..

Did anyone notice that the Football League program on Channel 5 has changed. Split into 2 shows now, it seems.

A 1 hour one 9-10 (The Championship), then a half our one 10-1030 (for those who are incapable) for Leagues 1&2.

And it's still a shit programme 😳
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 13:19:54 »

I'm not claiming that NT is a shit player, or captain - clearly he's not. Both Thompson's have passion by the bucket load and without the injuries, there is little doubt that Nathan would have got a move similar to his little brother.

Also, I'm not defending the booing fans - I fucking hate that shit, even after a game, and I never do it. Ever.

But, in my opinion Nathan isn't the player he thinks he is. Whether or not that's because of the injuries I don't know, but his position as club captain does not entitle him to take a swipe at fans.

As well as making snide comments, he's done the sarcastic, ironic slow hand clap bullshit on a couple of occasions when fans have vented there anger at shit performances, at the end of games, not during them, and although his comments may resonate with those who abhor booing the players, I don't happen to think they are helpful. Any player worthy of wearing the captains armband should be careful with their words and actions, not free with them.

I completely get the adulation; Local(ish) brothers breaking into the first team during the same era, both fully committed, both prepared to run through brick walls for the cause. Honestly, no argument from me on any of that, but they get handsomely rewarded and get all the trappings of success at our level, so its not all one way.

My problem with him is that I believe he's over stepping the mark and abusing / taking for granted the adulation and goodwill that he gets.

And if we're drawing comparisons with other STFC 'armband legends' show me where the likes of Sean Taylor or Colin Calderwood ever had a pop at the fans. Both were proper legends, had the same attributes as the Thompsons on and off the pitch, but they also knew how to conduct themselves with fans, sponsors and in print - regardless of their private opinions.

They didn't need to back in the day because fans (across the UK not just us) didn't behave like this.
We were called supporters and not customers for a reason...

And he's written gently about the same topic for a couple of years now and got nowhere.
So good on him.
Imagine what home games across the UK will be like in 10 years time if this crap carries on.
Not to mention the managerial turnover if that trend also carries on.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 13:21:43 »

And it's still a shit programme 😳

They do seem to have got rid of the living background dummies though.
Apart from the front ones who present it....
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 13:47:39 »

NT has got something to prove in terms of form and fitness this season. The starting at Wembley when clearly not fit was a farce and was that the club captain having too much influence or just poor/risky team selection?.

Barry has taken his chance well and developing into a good overlapping full back. He doesn't deserved to be on the bench for the rest of the season. Maybe a few cameos from NT as a sub in the next few weeks especially to close out games or if we need to change formation.

We need to see if NT returns to the same full back we saw in 2012/13 that's assuming he returns to that position. I can see a compromise coming where we revert to 3-5-2 and NT goes to back sweeper. I think he's a better full back than sweeper though.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 14:03:52 »

How many assists does Barry have now? His delivery from the wing is brilliant.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 15:45:49 »

I really enjoyed watching our second half passing football yesterday, accuracy, pace, penetration, variety.  About as good I can expect at this level, I don't know what others think.

ust be the oldest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 16:12:05 »

kind of agree normy, passing with pace and purpose.

they still had a couple of half chances where they outnumbered us when attacking though, half expected us to screw it at the death.

thought Kasim was much better yesterday too,  the cynics may say that's because the transfer window is open Smiley
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 16:17:42 »

kind of agree normy, passing with pace and purpose.

they still had a couple of half chances where they outnumbered us when attacking though, half expected us to screw it at the death.

thought Kasim was much better yesterday too,  the cynics may say that's because the transfer window is open Smiley

His impending move to a Premier League team may have put his spirits up..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 16:20:49 »

mwhahahaha premier league my arse. I don't care if power did claim it..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 17:10:33 »

mwhahahaha premier league my arse. I don't care if power did claim it..

Did Power specify which Premier League it was?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 17:17:08 »

Did Power specify which Premier League it was?

Of course he didn't, because it's probably nonsense. However, one can only speculate....

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #191 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 17:46:17 »

What a fairytale!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 18:19:39 »

To be fair Kasim has looked a lot better last 2 games. That through ball to Obika yesterday Eek
Maybe the incentive of Premier League is boosting performances
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 20:33:06 »

For what it's worth I was the bloke last week in the don Rogers telling anton to play forwards and keep it simple after he sold boo short when we went 3-2 up.He gave me some back (respect for that too) but did it whilst the game was going on behind him.I never boo our players as it is wrong but the short goal kick with Branco achieves nothing when with the return pass vigs kicks it long.I am all for possession football in the right areas (ossie did this with Lou's team)but Lee p needs to realise we have have good players in our team that we trust ( a word used a lot by Luke Williams )Yesterday boo barry Branco Robert anton ( my mate who can pass  ,always wants the ball but can't tackle head it and his recovery is slower than Ross mclaren)beaker are right up there with the best in league 1 . Add Nicky ajose and his goals and we have an above top 10 team.Eliminate us giving away the ball in our final 3rd and we make the top 10 easily .When we move the ball forwards quickly no team in this league can stop us .
Panda Paws

« Reply #194 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 21:19:24 »

To be fair Kasim has looked a lot better last 2 games. That through ball to Obika yesterday Eek
Maybe the incentive of Premier League is boosting performances

Or maybe he's struggled for most of 2015 with niggly injuries and has finally overcome them to put together some form? Although of course we're far more likely as a fanbase to think poorly of sooner than give them the benefit of the doubt.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: