Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *SPOILER ALERT*: Making a murderer  (Read 9232 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 17:51:00 »

Anyone watched this on Netflix?

Have found it really interesting to see what lengths the state will go to convict a man.

Saying that, I think Avery is guilty and the state just wanted to convince the jury further 
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 19:02:35 »

Have found it really interesting to see what lengths the state will go to convict a man.

Saying that, I think Avery is guilty and the state just wanted to convince the jury further 

We've been watching at least 2 episodes a night for the past few nights... Down to the last 2 tonight.

My wife's American but from New York City... It's a world away from small-town Wisconsin.

It's so scary what happened to him.

A brilliant watch so far...
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 19:03:23 »

.. He's never guilty... Completely set up...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 20:05:10 »

I don't think he's guilty. It's fair that some people do but unanimously and beyond reasonable doubt? That shocked me.

I've read about the evidence apparently omitted in the documentary and can see how that'd be persuasive, but it still doesn't change the terrible way the investigation was carried out. The way Brendan was interrogated, for example. Always suspected there was something dodgy about that prosecutor too, nice chat up lines he had!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 20:31:33 »

I don't think he's guilty. It's fair that some people do but unanimously and beyond reasonable doubt? That shocked me.

I've read about the evidence apparently omitted in the documentary and can see how that'd be persuasive, but it still doesn't change the terrible way the investigation was carried out. The way Brendan was interrogated, for example. Always suspected there was something dodgy about that prosecutor too, nice chat up lines he had!

...go on...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 20:46:46 »

Just watched the 1st ep. Its OK, i'm assuming its going to get more intense as it goes on.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 21:05:55 »

They didn't show a lot of the prosecution evidence, but a lot of it seems fairly circumstantial

They also left out a lot more defence evidence

http://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurderer/comments/40dquo/prodefense_information_that_was_left_out_of_mam/

Things get better but they never get good
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 00:57:37 »

...go on...

You'll see!

Aside from that though he seemed like a bit of a tool, for want of a better word? If jurors (and others) have come to their own conclusions of guilt based on evidence, then fair enough, I suppose, but if they were based on his rebuttals of the defence's case - as shown - they must have picked the thickest 12 people in the U.S. (Which would take some doing)

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 07:13:51 »

Two of the jurors had very close links to the sheriffs department, i reckon they bullied the rest into saying guilty - especially when the majority initially thought him innocent

Things get better but they never get good
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 08:06:50 »

There's enough reasonable doubt there to acquit. That's my conclusion.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 11:29:46 »

Watched two episodes and i dont really see what the fuss is about. Seems very dragged out to me.
Amir

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 11:58:56 »

I've only watched the first two episodes, and it's clearly just getting started. They could hardly skim over such an important background story that's obviously going to be integral to what happened.

So far it looks like he did it...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 23:12:06 »

Two of the jurors had very close links to the sheriffs department, i reckon they bullied the rest into saying guilty - especially when the majority initially thought him innocent

Some fascinating stuff there!

Yeah, I think it was brought up by one of the defence on the doc actually (not that the jurors had links, but that there was a bit of a 12 angry men thing going on.)

I'm glad this series has got so much publicity, tbh. Without wanting to sound like a hipster, I've been in contact with a fair few prisoners in the states (and the organisations that support them) and when you tell people they're innocent they say "oh, I'm sure they all say that." That people even in this country are so reluctant to accept there may be some doubt (even with a unanimous conviction) is worrying, so stuff like this can only be a good thing.

lambourn red

« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 08:43:15 »

Watched the whole thing yesterday , there are certainly some very strange goings on that may have been dubiously planted etc but I am still not sure that he did not do it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 15:37:34 »

To me it just seems like there would be too much evidence to plant for it to not be him.

Also, some of the evidence missed out included:
- sweat on the hood of the car (can they extract his sweat?)
- the bullet "found" was from his gun
- he supposedly sexually assaulted family members
- harassing of halbach (her number was dialled by him 3 times on the day, twice it was from a withheld number)

His nephew seemed to know too much about what happened and I can't imagine him being able to recall everything from the news bulletins... This is a guy who didn't know what inconsistent meant.

Being in prison for a crime he didn't commit for 18 years would have led to a lot of resentment from a man not so innocent in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: