Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lottery and STFC  (Read 7545 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 19:42:42 »

So you're lottery rollover numbers come up this weekend and you have a cool £50m in your pocket. Do you give Lee Power a call and say time to move on? If so how much would you invest and how would you spend the money?

Would you invest in the team, improve the ground or training/football in the community facilities. Interested to see how supporters would approach it and what would be other supporters expectations if they found out the new owner was a local lottery winning fan?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 19:48:38 »

I'd buy the club, put in £5M and put Dossy as chairman.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:04:15 »

I'd buy the club, and put tans in charge.

I'd have banner boy as media pimp.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:15:16 »

I'd buy the club and make my priority of either finding a way to buy the County Ground site or find an alternative site to build a purpose built stadium within the town.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:15:44 »

Just imagine the trolling opportunities. One could release a Friday statement announcing that Paul Hart has been appointed manager with Maurice Malpas as assistant. Just for shits and giggles. The meltdown would be apocalyptic.

I have to make millions immediately somehow, if only to do the above.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:17:30 »

I'd definitely think about trying to make Swindon Town a supporters owned club.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:23:09 »

Id even buy The Kassam Stadium and change the seats to red and white.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:26:30 »

Id even buy The Kassam Stadium and change the seats to red and white.

Good one.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:28:29 »

Good one.

Not forgetting to up the rent,  Clap
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:37:28 »

I'd definitely think about trying to make Swindon Town a supporters owned club.
Based on what I've seen and read over the last few months I couldn't think of a worst idea. Too many of our fans are clueless when it comes to finances and I think it could lead to some awful decisions being made.
The more time goes on the less I think a supporter owned club would be able to regularly make the big and right decisions. Some accountability and involvement from something like the Trust could be a good thing, but full ownership by the fans.... Not for me anymore, too many people only look at the short term. The amount of people moaning about building a new training ground rather than spunking all our money on new players is a case in point. Too many supporters are only interested in the current season whereas good businessmen take more of a long term view.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 20:38:27 »

Based on what I've seen and read over the last few months I couldn't think of a worst idea. Too many of our fans are clueless when it comes to finances and I think it could lead to some awful decisions being made.
The more time goes on the less I think a supporter owned club would be able to regularly make the big and right decisions. Some accountability and involvement from something like the Trust could be a good thing, but full ownership by the fans.... Not for me anymore, too many people only look at the short term. The amount of people moaning about building a new training ground rather than spunking all our money on new players is a case in point. Too many supporters are only interested in the current season whereas good businessmen take more of a long term view.

I said 'think about'.
Barry Scott

« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 21:19:07 »

No matter how rich I was, I don't think I would ever want to own the club. There's pretty much no upside.

You either lose money hand over fist and the fans might like you, or you try and treat it like a business and get it running under it's own steam and just get shit and conspiracy thrown at you.

I'd rather remain sane and watch my club burn.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 21:20:35 »

No matter how rich I was, I don't think I would ever want to own the club. There's pretty much no upside.

You either lose money hand over fist and the fans might like you, or you try and treat it like a business and get it running under it's own steam and just get shit and conspiracy thrown at you.

Pretty much this!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 22:55:40 »

This also.
Although I would definitely be tempted to make anonymous donations.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 23:33:06 »

I'd give power 40 million for a 51% stake. And spend the other 10 mill on a really big steak, and then sit back and enjoy the ride. Fuck it cant take it with you.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: